•  

COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Bab Al Shams - 20 Nov 2020

Foxtrot Oscar

I wish to take this opportunity to thank Angela and Rahimdad for giving us some great experience by a continuous drive over some interesting crest and dune criss crossing a time virtually non stop. I did have a mishap best avoided had I picked up a stone formation which was near flat with the sand and previously noticed Angela at her calibre struggling to get through the softness of the sand. I accelerated through the stone formation rather than breaked.. the car did a couple of nasty pumps but thankfully nothing serious happened the new A/T tyre took the impact and bounced off the rock formation and landed with front right tyre partially in air..having popped out. This was fixed by able hands of Rahimdad sir in less than 5 minutes and we were on our way. Yes  a portion of the plastic covering over the tyre bay came out and wonder whether to leave it as it. Lesson to learn for me to watch for icebergs in sand too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

18 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

I wish to take this opportunity to thank Angela and Rahimdad for giving us some great experience by a continuous drive over some interesting crest and dune criss crossing a time virtually non stop. I did have a mishap best avoided had I picked up a stone formation which was near flat with the sand and previously noticed Angela at her calibre struggling to get through the softness of the sand. I accelerated through the stone formation rather than breaked.. the car did a couple of nasty pumps but thankfully nothing serious happened the new A/T tyre took the impact and bounced off the rock formation and landed with front right tyre partially in air..having popped out. This was fixed by able hands of Rahimdad sir in less than 5 minutes and we were on our way. Yes  a portion of the plastic covering over the tyre bay came out and wonder whether to leave it as it. Lesson to learn for me to watch for icebergs in sand too. 

Haha , icebergs in the sand indeed. You did great, thanks for your help with the shovelling too

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use