•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive 'The Devil's Deceit' Murquab to Last Exit - 20 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above (All Levels)

When:  20 Nov 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: - Murquab Mosque - https://goo.gl/maps/8ofLyYmagqvEMJLv9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

What to expect: Challenging terrain for Newbies that want to expand their experiences in the Desert. Wide dunes and some very techincal parts, a fast desert run and swooping high dunes as we make our way to the exit. 

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point:  Last Exit, Al Qudra [Please note, compressor at Adnoc is no longer working]

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 Newbie and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Reader, 

You're possibly wondering why I named this drive the Devil's Deceit. It's because Murquab is an area where you can think that you're driving along without worries and problems and suddenly, you're in highly techincal, tightly packed dunes thinking that you might not get out of the dunes, ever! The Devil leads you in with wonderful easy dunes and if you go a meter in the wrong direction: BOOM. 

There are some amazing playable dunes right next to these technical sections: and if you are not confident enough around them, and don't know how to dirve them you can enter into a whole new world of pain!

Don't get me wrong, every competent dune driver has to be able to manage the technical dunes as well as the adrenalin packed climbs and side slopes - but they are more difficult to handle than wide sloping dunes. Which is why we are going to venture into soem of them on this drive. 

Additionally, we are going to enjoy one of my favorite 'rat runs' - a passage way between the dunes that lets us avoid the treacherous portions of the route to Last Exit - where we can practice fast running along the sand and see amazing scenery. 

Expect this drive to leave you exhilarated, tired and extremely proud of yourself. Looking forward to seeing you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Wrangeld Richard I am not able to RSVP this drive since morning. Can't find the RSVP link on the calendar. Request advice. 

Looking forward for 2nd drive with you and team 

Regards.

And now actually can't see it in Event  Calendar list. Hope the drive is on? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Ahab Shamaa
  • varunmehndiratta
  • Sai Baskaran
  • Luca Bregni
  • Pickey Singh
  • MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ
  • Explored Dubai
  • Derek Fernandes
  • VipinShetty
  • bassel el rafei
  • Arshad Roojee
  • Ken Hüüdma

Well done everyone for signing up. Looking forward to a fun drive Friday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Ahab Shamaa @varunmehndiratta @Sai Baskaran @Luca Bregni @Pickey Singh @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Explored Dubai @Derek Fernandes @VipinShetty @bassel el rafei @Arshad Roojee @Ken Hüüdma

I for one am looking forward to the drive on Friday. Why - I've been there before with Fewbies and I really like the challenge of bringing newbies into territory that normally would not be used. 

The really good part about this routing is that (at least until 2 weeks ago) there was not a lot of traffic around these routes. In some of the places we drive there are hundreds of cross tracks and churned up sand because the whole of the UAE 4x4 world is driving there (Fossil Rock, Pink Rock and some parts of Al Qudra come to mind). Between Murquab and AL Qudra there is less traffic, which means we are likely driving on some virgin sand and making our way over dunes that few travelled before.

The other reason that I like to come to this route is that we can elevate or raise the level depending on the convoy response in ways that is not so easy in other areas, because there are so many varied challenges. To be sure, there are big wide expanses of sand where we can drive up down and round [if anyone has a drone and it's not a no fly zone, we could have some fun here]. We can also very quickly dive into the technical dunes which are a challenge to many newbies - but which will improve your control and finesse no end.  And the end of the drive has some nice cross overs, higher dunes and lots of pipes and chanels to drive through where getting stuck in the soft sand means a difficult moment for self recoery from a refusal or more challenging recoveries. 

My request to you - if you cannot make it: tell us now. There will be people to fill your space if you don't want to/can't come. 

More to come during the week. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Wrangeld, I was very excited to take part to this drive but unfortunately I was just asked to work on Friday morning therefore I can't come anymore. However I removed myself from the calendar so that someone else can join the drive. Enjoy and see you next time on the sand

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Luca Bregni, I’m sorry to hear that ☹️
Asking someone to work on Friday morning is a very mean thing to do. 
The good news though is that there’ll be more drives to Murquab...

See you on the next one!

BTW, @Wrangeld, what was @Ale Vallecchi talking about when he said ask Richard about Murquab? Did you experience something there? If it’s a long story and you don’t feel like typing, you can tell it on Friday 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use