•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive 'The Devil's Deceit' Murquab to Last Exit - 20 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

2 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

@Luca Bregni, I’m sorry to hear that ☹️
Asking someone to work on Friday morning is a very mean thing to do. 
The good news though is that there’ll be more drives to Murquab...

See you on the next one!

BTW, @Wrangeld, what was @Ale Vallecchi talking about when he said ask Richard about Murquab? Did you experience something there? If it’s a long story and you don’t feel like typing, you can tell it on Friday 😀

Easiest way to describe it Ahab is that I learned my lesson on taking drivers into technical dunes in this area. 

Was an historically long drive ... Middle of summer. 

Enough said for now ...

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Thanks @Wrangeld looking forward for the drive...  Btw any reco on apps to track the drive...Wikiloc or Gaia or something more aligned to UAE? 

Most of us use Gaia GPS. There is a brief tutorial in the site, and I will happily talk you through other details on Friday if you want. 

If more drivers want it I can give a general briefing on it. 

I have a premium account. Basic, free account is also good for starting out. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@Ahab Shamaa @varunmehndiratta @Sai Baskaran @Luca Bregni @Pickey Singh @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Explored Dubai @Derek Fernandes @VipinShetty @bassel el rafei @Arshad Roojee @Ken Hüüdma

I for one am looking forward to the drive on Friday. Why - I've been there before with Fewbies and I really like the challenge of bringing newbies into territory that normally would not be used. 

The really good part about this routing is that (at least until 2 weeks ago) there was not a lot of traffic around these routes. In some of the places we drive there are hundreds of cross tracks and churned up sand because the whole of the UAE 4x4 world is driving there (Fossil Rock, Pink Rock and some parts of Al Qudra come to mind). Between Murquab and AL Qudra there is less traffic, which means we are likely driving on some virgin sand and making our way over dunes that few travelled before.

The other reason that I like to come to this route is that we can elevate or raise the level depending on the convoy response in ways that is not so easy in other areas, because there are so many varied challenges. To be sure, there are big wide expanses of sand where we can drive up down and round [if anyone has a drone and it's not a no fly zone, we could have some fun here]. We can also very quickly dive into the technical dunes which are a challenge to many newbies - but which will improve your control and finesse no end.  And the end of the drive has some nice cross overs, higher dunes and lots of pipes and chanels to drive through where getting stuck in the soft sand means a difficult moment for self recoery from a refusal or more challenging recoveries. 

My request to you - if you cannot make it: tell us now. There will be people to fill your space if you don't want to/can't come. 

More to come during the week. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Really exited and looking forward for this drive

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

@Luca Bregni, I’m sorry to hear that ☹️
Asking someone to work on Friday morning is a very mean thing to do. 
The good news though is that there’ll be more drives to Murquab...

See you on the next one!

BTW, @Wrangeld, what was @Ale Vallecchi talking about when he said ask Richard about Murquab? Did you experience something there? If it’s a long story and you don’t feel like typing, you can tell it on Friday 😀

Easiest way to describe it Ahab is that I learned my lesson on taking drivers into technical dunes in this area. 

Enough said for now ...

• Ahab Shamaa
  • varunmehndiratta
  • Sai Baskaran
  • Pickey Singh
  • MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ
  • Explored Dubai
  • Derek Fernandes
  • VipinShetty
  • bassel el rafei
  • Arshad Roojee
  • Ken Hüüdma
  • syed salman raza

Updated driver list as of this evening. 

We will be joined by @Lorenzo CandelpergherCandelpergher as senior in the drive. I am delighted my wingman will be there. 

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Enough said for now ...

• Ahab Shamaa
  • varunmehndiratta
  • Sai Baskaran
  • Pickey Singh
  • MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ
  • Explored Dubai
  • Derek Fernandes
  • VipinShetty
  • bassel el rafei
  • Arshad Roojee
  • Ken Hüüdma
  • syed salman raza

Updated driver list as of this evening. 

We will be joined by @Lorenzo CandelpergherCandelpergher as senior in the drive. I am delighted my wingman will be there. 

Do we refer to THAT historically long drive? Oh, yes.. the naming "Devil's deceit" is perfect, then!

With 20 degrees less in temperature, I really look forward to the drive and, above all, to listening to your updated briefing, @Wrangeld.. 😂😂😂

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@Ahab Shamaa @varunmehndiratta @Sai Baskaran @Luca Bregni @Pickey Singh @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Explored Dubai @Derek Fernandes @VipinShetty @bassel el rafei @Arshad Roojee @Ken Hüüdma

I for one am looking forward to the drive on Friday. Why - I've been there before with Fewbies and I really like the challenge of bringing newbies into territory that normally would not be used. 

The really good part about this routing is that (at least until 2 weeks ago) there was not a lot of traffic around these routes. In some of the places we drive there are hundreds of cross tracks and churned up sand because the whole of the UAE 4x4 world is driving there (Fossil Rock, Pink Rock and some parts of Al Qudra come to mind). Between Murquab and AL Qudra there is less traffic, which means we are likely driving on some virgin sand and making our way over dunes that few travelled before.

The other reason that I like to come to this route is that we can elevate or raise the level depending on the convoy response in ways that is not so easy in other areas, because there are so many varied challenges. To be sure, there are big wide expanses of sand where we can drive up down and round [if anyone has a drone and it's not a no fly zone, we could have some fun here]. We can also very quickly dive into the technical dunes which are a challenge to many newbies - but which will improve your control and finesse no end.  And the end of the drive has some nice cross overs, higher dunes and lots of pipes and chanels to drive through where getting stuck in the soft sand means a difficult moment for self recoery from a refusal or more challenging recoveries. 

My request to you - if you cannot make it: tell us now. There will be people to fill your space if you don't want to/can't come. 

More to come during the week. 

Excited.. ready to explore more 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Ahab Shamaa @varunmehndiratta @Sai Baskaran  @Pickey Singh @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Explored Dubai @Derek Fernandes @VipinShetty @bassel el rafei @Arshad Roojee @Ken Hüüdma @syed salman raza @Lorenzo Candelpergher

It's Tuesday so we need a mid week pick up, no?

Many of you probably don't know that Lorenzo is a drone pilot - so with his agreement [thanks Lorenzo] we will take a little time out during the drive on Friday to see if we can get some great shots of the convoy. It does mean we will possibly have a few stops to set up the drone, but I hope you will support that and accept a slightly later end to the drive because the videos and shots can be quite spectacular. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use