•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive 'The Devil's Deceit' Murquab to Last Exit - 20 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

Thanks all for the awesome ride today...it had all the action with flying drones, popping tyres to crashing bumpers and marshals getting stuck when trying to recover others...

Self assessment : i am still not comfortable with side slide down a dune..need to get over the mental block.. waiting for feedback from marshals on the rest. .. 

Thanks @Wrangeld for leading through some awesome dunes and @lore nzo for being there to guide us through whatever Richard threw at us...looking forward to see the drone footage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

‘The Devil’s Deceit’ ; A catchy but not so welcoming of a name. We arrived at the starting point with a strong mindset to conquer all the technical dunes that the ‘Devil’ presented before us, and the convoy did a great job conquering them. Of course there were several refusals and a couple of stucks, the technical dunes dont go easy on the drivers, yet the convoy managed to hold itself together with each driver helping the other, especially with the brilliant communication they had among them.

The drive was full of adventure and new learning experiences, such as a tutorial presented early into the drive on fixing a popped tyre and driving cinematically for some cool drone shots.

@Wrangeld did a great job guiding the convoy through ‘The Devil’s Deceit’ , making sure each of us enjoyed the drive to its full potential.

The middle of the convoy was managed by @VipinShetty, hence it remained in order and was able to keep up with @Wrangeld

Lastly, one of the greatest sweeps that I know of, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, did what he does the best, helping drivers out of trouble and guiding them back into order. Hope you got some good shots with your drone 😉.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

What an exciting drive this was! Once more, Murquab lives up to its reputation by throwing some major wrenches at us 😀

Within the first few minutes of the drive, we had a pop-out, which @Lorenzo Candelpergher handled to perfection with his skills, able hands, and the small Speedex shop he keeps in the back of his car 😂

As the maestro that he is, @Wrangeld used the pop-out as an opportunity to demonstrate to us how to fix it.  Thanks to the collective efforts of all, we managed to fix the pop-out and were on our way. 

Along the way, we had some refusals, some stucks, but most of all, some pure, adrenaline generating fun, gliding over the cool sands of Murquab.

The pace was pretty decent for a newbie drive, and I firmly believe we all left the drive having learned many new things about off-roading and about each other. 

In solidarity with the group, our fearless leaders Richard and Lorenzo,  also managed to get themselves stuck 😂 

Lorenzo’s was a cresting that resulted in Richard giving him a tug.  Literally, a minute later, as Richard came back to lead the pack after recovering Lorenzo, he got stuck himself. And wouldn’t you know it, Richard’s stuck resulted in Lorenzo returning the favor and tugging Richard out 🤪

The desert can be quite bumpy and can result in the loss of front bumpers; @Explored Dubai, I’m really sorry for your loss☹️. When your red flag also flew off, my daughter said: “papa, after the pop-out and the bumper, we have to help him; let’s go get the flag and give it back to him” and so we did. You kept in high spirits though and that’s very important.

Last but not least, it was great seeing @Ale Vallecchi, @Gaurav and a few other familiar Carnity faces at the end of our drive.  Meeting @Rahimdad in person takes the cake though; a true superman!

Thanks to all my fellow drivers for your respectfulness and your never-ending willingness to help. It was great driving with you all. A special thanks goes out to @Lorenzo Candelpergher and his young handsome co-pilot for taking the time to film the convoy using a drone. I can’t wait to see the end result!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone, and see you on the sand really soon!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

A day to remember....20th Nov 2020.

Start of the day with a warning signal from @Wrangeld that you might have  a  pop out and later changes to reality. However this pop out came out to be a opportunity for all of us to learn something new. @Wrangeld as a true leader always ready to share, explained very well all the technical and safety points to look out.

@Lorenzo Candelpergher a big thank you for your support. Your collection and quality of  tools is great. Thanks for the spare valve which you have provided. Thanks for the compressor which inflated the pop out tyre. Thanks for the recovery of my flag. Thanks for the tug. Once again thanks for everything and every guidance. You are my saviour. I really miss my drive when your drone was capturing others and I was busy in fixing bumper. 😀

@Ahab Shamaa You are truly very kind hearted man who is ready to come forward and eager to help others who are in need. Please convey my Regards to your lovely daughter. I was so much occupied fixing my bumper issue that I didn't realize my flag has gone away, and then I saw your daughter running towards me and handed over to me the flag. I really didn't get the chance to say thanks to you and to princess properly.  I really owe her a treat. 

Thanks everyone for showing patience to the delay. 

It was really a amazing drive today. Unforgettable..

• Like (+1) 8
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

The Devil's in the Details

What a great drive. Playful bowls, a great popout, some technical sections, the rat run, wide solar dunes and a little bonus at the end. And that's before we get to see the drone shots.

I'm already quite breathless!

It was an excellent drive. This was a great test for newbie level and it was for the main part well driven. We had problems where I expected, and the drive was scaled up because the convoy did so well.

@Ahab ShamaaSuperb second lead again. Never put a wheel wrong. Hope your radio capitan had fun.

@Pickey Singh you are getting more confident with the FJ, but you need to use the power properly and more often.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQRest assured, driving the jeep will just get more and more fun. Great job today.

@varunmehndirattaok so you did not need the shovel for yourself today. I like the way you are progressing.

@Explored Dubai sorry about the bumper. I don't know a Pajero that has not lost bits of the car on a drive. Less recoveries today and more confidence. For your second outing, great job.

@VipinShetty great drive. Well done with the help you gave. You'll understand a lot more in your own driving by helping others. 

@Derek FernandesFrom what I could see, you really started to enjoy playing with the car this week. Excellent 2nd drive. Really showed what you've learned to the best of your abilities

@Sai BaskaranBaskaran dynasty drives meant we had you this morning and your mastery of the car is showing. Please continue this trajectory. 

@bassel el rafeireally good to see you bring your car to the game ... Although there was some competitive offering with 2 Y62s in your mirrors (must have been terrifying 😂😂😂). You have the power, use it. 

@Ken HüüdmaHüüdma your preference might be for slower drives, but you did really well today. I promise to let you know when we have a big technical sections coming in a drive.

@Lorenzo CandelpergherCanCa you do more on a drive? Support, drone flying, popouts. As ever you were the ultimate senior to have on a drive. Thanks. 

As special thanks as well to the radio captains today. You did great too.

See you soon in the sand.

Was a amazing drive, slightly different that what we are used to, loved the way briefing was done, as you said commuNITY, back in carnity. Thank you @Wrangeld

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, thank you for the support, looking forward for your drone footage

20201120_090654.jpg

20201120_090154.jpg

20201120_094807.jpg

20201120_092128.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

On 11/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, Wrangeld said:

The Devil's in the Details

What a great drive. Playful bowls, a great popout, some technical sections, the rat run, wide solar dunes and a little bonus at the end. And that's before we get to see the drone shots.

I'm already quite breathless!

It was an excellent drive. This was a great test for newbie level and it was for the main part well driven. We had problems where I expected, and the drive was scaled up because the convoy did so well.

@Ahab ShamaaSuperb second lead again. Never put a wheel wrong. Hope your radio capitan had fun.

@Pickey Singh you are getting more confident with the FJ, but you need to use the power properly and more often.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQRest assured, driving the jeep will just get more and more fun. Great job today.

@varunmehndirattaok so you did not need the shovel for yourself today. I like the way you are progressing.

@Explored Dubai sorry about the bumper. I don't know a Pajero that has not lost bits of the car on a drive. Less recoveries today and more confidence. For your second outing, great job.

@VipinShetty great drive. Well done with the help you gave. You'll understand a lot more in your own driving by helping others. 

@Derek FernandesFrom what I could see, you really started to enjoy playing with the car this week. Excellent 2nd drive. Really showed what you've learned to the best of your abilities

@Sai BaskaranBaskaran dynasty drives meant we had you this morning and your mastery of the car is showing. Please continue this trajectory. 

@bassel el rafeireally good to see you bring your car to the game ... Although there was some competitive offering with 2 Y62s in your mirrors (must have been terrifying 😂😂😂). You have the power, use it. 

@Ken HüüdmaHüüdma your preference might be for slower drives, but you did really well today. I promise to let you know when we have a big technical sections coming in a drive.

@Lorenzo CandelpergherCanCa you do more on a drive? Support, drone flying, popouts. As ever you were the ultimate senior to have on a drive. Thanks. 

As special thanks as well to the radio captains today. You did great too.

See you soon in the sand.

@Wrangeld Richard, youve been present for my very first two rides (absolute newbie and now newbie) and ive throughly enjoyed everybit of it. Youve been a knowlegde base of information and im privillaged to get to tap into it during my offroading experinces. @Lorenzo Candelpergher ive heard it mentioned that you are the man to get to when there is a pop out and ive see it first hand. i know that its hard work but you make it look so easy and did know exactky what to do. Great knowhow on the drone info as well. i do plan to get one and when i do, i know whos brains to pick.
@VipinShetty it was clear that youd done this before and i was happy to follow the tyre path you left. Gave me prespective on how to navigate the dunes.
Every drive i learn more and happy it is with you amazing ppl. Hope to see you all soon in the coming weeks.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hey Man (Lorenzo), getting more & more inquisitive (1 week down the line) as to the drone footage ... or did it eventually fly off in the opposite direction🥺

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use