•  

Times for the drives

Tero Vallas

Hi

Just a question regarding starting times of the drives: Would it be possible to start those a bit later ?

I mean if early starts were mainly due to hot season requirements & safety, might it be possible to postpone these now as "cold" 😄 season starts... or is there some other reason for early starts ?  On the other hand, if majority are in favour of early starts, that's totally ok..

Opinion & comments... ?

(Being Finnish, this country has not had cold season, really....) 😃

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

I don’t mind the timings at all @Tero Vallas. To me, they’re actually perfect as I get to do something I like, and be back home by the time my family is ready to tackle their Friday; be it movies, shopping or lunch. The early timing makes it that these drives do not interfere with my day; and that’s a big plus. 

Totally agree. early morning drives gives enough time to reach home early and continue rest of the day with family,  so no complaints from home ministry as well. 🙏  it win win for me. 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

Drive times ... 

@Tero Vallas as Rahimdad mentions, the drive leads are all volunteers and club members too. Some of already drive morning and afternoon so the gap between the drives shortening makes it impossible for us to get from one to the other, or rest in between. That's the frist safety element.

The driver is more often than not the daylight than the convenience of getting up a bit later -that's the second safety element. 

As Rahimdad says, one we ahve even more elads, we can look at this again, but for the moment, it seems most people are OK with the early morning starts: I personally like to feel some cool air for the first time in the year that's not from an airco. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I like the early rides and watch the sunrise in the desert.  That is maybe one of the benefits of the current schedule.  But it is also true that sometimes a couple of additional sleeping hours would be a nice to have, especially to cope with family activities on Thursday evenings.  I guess that when more leaders and support level members become available, we will have the opportunity to have the best of both worlds with a larger "menu" of options.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Carnity 

dear friends 

from my side any timing which is convenient to the group in terms of safety , daylight and “ home ministry “, ( @Rizwanm2 copy right ) , convenience is ok for me 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi all

Good to see many replies.

Early starts are ok to me also. I just remembered ( perhaps wrongly ) that we changed to earlier drives due to hot season and  times would be varying / be different in hot & cold seasons.

Lets keep on driving with existing setup, no worries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

I don’t mind the timings at all @Tero Vallas. To me, they’re actually perfect as I get to do something I like, and be back home by the time my family is ready to tackle their Friday; be it movies, shopping or lunch. The early timing makes it that these drives do not interfere with my day; and that’s a big plus. 
Now as @Rahimdad mentioned, when the Carnity structure has more drive-leads, I would like to see more Saturday drives and more afternoon drives. This way, the times and dates can cater to everyone 😀 

Last but not least, @Foxtrot Oscar, when we’re fully staffed and ready, I’d like to see someone deflate and inflate my tires, while I sip on a cold “non alcoholic” margarita 😂😂😂

We can enlist the help of the happy campers we saw to provide breakfast rolls and a mid morning snack.  I now have a vision of cafe culture in the desert as we await the deflation/inflation process :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

We can enlist the help of the happy campers we saw to provide breakfast rolls and a mid morning snack.  I now have a vision of cafe culture in the desert as we await the deflation/inflation process :lol: 

😅😅

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use