•  

Fewbie - LIWA 2020 Adventure Drive - 2 Dec 2020

Frederic

14 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Arda Yagcioglu as mentioned in the drive details we won’t be able to accept AWD vehicles, the main reason for this is the serious strain that any 4x4 vehicle will undergo in this extreme terrain. Hope you understand.

Hi @Frederic, I have a black Xterra Offroad version which I bought last week and also updated in my profile. I believe that qualifies.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Arda Yagcioglu said:

Hi @Frederic, I have a black Xterra Offroad version which I bought last week and also updated in my profile. I believe that qualifies.

Hi @Arda Yagcioglu I’m so glad to hear that as I felt bad already for having to disappoint you ! Perfect terrain to unleash the Xterra !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Frederic said:

Hi @Arda Yagcioglu I’m so glad to hear that as I felt bad already for having to disappoint you ! Perfect terrain to unleash the Xterra !

Thanks a lot @Frederic, really looking forward to be there :)

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Arda Yagcioglu congrats. As it's a new car for you, try to join a couple of the upcoming drives so that all the small issues surface up over here rather in Liwa

Thank you @Srikumar, I attended my first drive with the new Xterra last week on Saturday which was led by Ale. It was in deed a drive full of fun and adventure and I got quite confident with the car without any issues. I will not be able to join any events this weekend but will try to join the following weekend before Liwa. Hope to see you there as well.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Looks like the signup went pretty fast !

A few topics that I wanted to highlight to all of you:

1) You need to make sure that your car is 100% in technical fit condition: recovering a broken vehicle in Liwa is an absolute enormous task which will take hours and in some cases we might have to just leave it behind. Please be aware of the long journey and the extreme stress your vehicle will undergo in this terrain. Get your vehicle FULLY inspected before joining this adventure. Make sure fluids, battery, spare wheel, and brakes are in optimal condition. If your vehicle already shows signs of slight overheating from regular Fewbie drives please do not join this drive. 

2) We will be driving in dunes which are more than 200m high and this also involves coming down steep slopes. If you are currently Fewbie and struggle with fear of heights in Pink Rock or Fossil Rock, I would advise to think this through. Safety is our main focus but nevertheless we need people to stay calm and listen calmly to instructions as there is only little margin for human errors. 

3) More than anything, you need to be realistic in what your vehicle can do and choose the number of passengers wisely. If we see an underpowered vehicle with 4 adult persons inside and stuffed with camping gear, we will not allow you to join. This terrain will require a lot from your vehicle, and traveling light with minimum passengers will make sure your underpowered vehicle can survive this. 

@Frederic please add me to the rsvp, if a space becomes available in Fewbie level? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Hi Syed this is a Fewbie drive. 

Hi @Tero Vallas i see you are in the Intermediate drive already ?

Yes, I only asked to be added to waitlist.

please remove me from waitlist. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use