3) Probir

4) David Ortells

5) Siddharth 

6) SureshVnair

7) Xavier Treasurer

8- Yousef Alimedadi 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:31 AM, Anoop joseph said:

Pls add me to waiting list.

@Anoop joseph this is a Fewbie level drive, as per my info you are currently still Newbie.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Current Waitlist: 

1) Lucky Sam

2) Piotr 

3) Probir

4) David Ortells

5) Siddharth 

6) SureshVnair

7) Xavier Treasurer

8- Yousef Alimedadi 

@Anoop joseph this is a Fewbie level drive, as per my info you are currently still Newbie.

Ohh wow! You may consider 3rd covoy with the waitlist 😄

• Like (+1) 3

Goodmorning to all !

I am sharing some information that was posted on the Newbie Liwa drive earlier by Srikumar, which will be applicable for us as well:

Drive Preparation

1. Firstly, get lots and lots of rest the previous day on 1st Dec. The more the better as Liwa will not only challenge your vehicle but your mind as well. We would need your complete focus and fatigue due to less rest is the last thing that is needed on such a terrain.

2. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up

3. 20 Liter fuel jerry can. If you have any doubts, please post your query on the drive post and we will assist.

4. A full fuel tank at the meeting point. 

5. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).

6. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,

7. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along. 

8. All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

9. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

10. Plenty of water, approx 5 litre per person per day. 

11. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

12. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

13. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

Keep checking this list, as it might grow further in coming days. All the above points are Mandatory and your participation on the drive would be refused on the drive day by the trip lead if you fail to comply with the above.

Details of the exact meeting point will be updated on the Original Drive Post and Calendar shortly. Meeting time is 8 AM and we plan to exit out at Moreeb by 4 PM with sufficient breaks in between. There is a plan to have some nice photoshoots at the base of Moreeb dune at the end of the drive along with the other convoys (subject to everything going according to plan). More details will keep getting updated on this drive post.

Please read this carefully before confirming your signup. A drive in LIWA is no way to be compared to any other drive in the UAE, and making shortcuts in your preparation might spoil your trip for yourself and other members of the convoy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic Can I please be on the waitlist for this drive ? 

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Goodmorning to all !

I am sharing some information that was posted on the Newbie Liwa drive earlier by Srikumar, which will be applicable for us as well:

Drive Preparation

1. Firstly, get lots and lots of rest the previous day on 1st Dec. The more the better as Liwa will not only challenge your vehicle but your mind as well. We would need your complete focus and fatigue due to less rest is the last thing that is needed on such a terrain.

2. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up

3. 20 Liter fuel jerry can. If you have any doubts, please post your query on the drive post and we will assist.

4. A full fuel tank at the meeting point. 

5. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).

6. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,

7. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along. 

8. All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

9. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

10. Plenty of water, approx 5 litre per person per day. 

11. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

12. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

13. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

Keep checking this list, as it might grow further in coming days. All the above points are Mandatory and your participation on the drive would be refused on the drive day by the trip lead if you fail to comply with the above.

Details of the exact meeting point will be updated on the Original Drive Post and Calendar shortly. Meeting time is 8 AM and we plan to exit out at Moreeb by 4 PM with sufficient breaks in between. There is a plan to have some nice photoshoots at the base of Moreeb dune at the end of the drive along with the other convoys (subject to everything going according to plan). More details will keep getting updated on this drive post.

Please read this carefully before confirming your signup. A drive in LIWA is no way to be compared to any other drive in the UAE, and making shortcuts in your preparation might spoil your trip for yourself and other members of the convoy.

• Like (+1) 1

@Craig Finlayson I'm planning to do that. Camping isn't an option for me as my better half, who has kindly agreed to accompany me, doesn't like camping in deserts!!! Looking at hotels in and around AD to be at least half way to the starting point and catching up on additional sleep. its daunting to see the going rates at the hotels though given the holidays- i'm seriously considering Western Hotel at Ghayathi which looks much reasonable but its location vis-a-vis Liwa is to be considered.

@Frederic, fellow drivers, any recommendations, past experiences? 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use