•  

Fewbie - LIWA 2020 Adventure Drive - 2 Dec 2020

Frederic

20 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

@Craig Finlayson I'm planning to do that. Camping isn't an option for me as my better half, who has kindly agreed to accompany me, doesn't like camping in deserts!!! Looking at hotels in and around AD to be at least half way to the starting point and catching up on additional sleep. its daunting to see the going rates at the hotels though given the holidays- i'm seriously considering Western Hotel at Ghayathi which looks much reasonable but its location vis-a-vis Liwa is to be considered.

@Frederic, fellow drivers, any recommendations, past experiences? 

Finding a hotel will not be easy. As my wife and myself are both desert freaks, we will be setting up camp somewhere in the area and have a good night of sleep.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

@Craig Finlayson I'm planning to do that. Camping isn't an option for me as my better half, who has kindly agreed to accompany me, doesn't like camping in deserts!!! Looking at hotels in and around AD to be at least half way to the starting point and catching up on additional sleep. its daunting to see the going rates at the hotels though given the holidays- i'm seriously considering Western Hotel at Ghayathi which looks much reasonable but its location vis-a-vis Liwa is to be considered.

@Frederic, fellow drivers, any recommendations, past experiences? 

Camping round here is the only realistic option unless you want to spend an arm and a leg.

A pice of advice from my side. I have done only one Liwa drive - and I can tell you that it's not the sort of thing I would do if I had also driven 350km from Dubai before the drive in the desert. Driving in the Liwa dunes is not like a morning desert drive in Al Qudra. The dunes are immense, and endless. We will be in a wilderness like you have never seen before. There's no easy quick exits if for some reason you decide it's not for you. There's no way out other than the way in ... and that's likely to be through dunes like you never saw or experienced before. I do not want to put anyone off: the experience is immense, but I also do not want anyone to disregard Fred's comments about preparation. Mentally, physically and your car will all be challenged. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Holy crap! You guys are making me nervous now 😧 If I don't make it out of Liwa, I'd like to announce on record that I'm leaving my FJ to @Rahimdad 😉

Edited by Ahab Shamaa
  • Haha (+1) 7

Dear @Frederic and seniors, 

With a very heavy heart im withdrawing from this event 😭.

I tried my maximum to make an excuse to my boss to avoid work commitment. but unfortunately i hit a dead end and cannot avoid it anymore. 

at least im happy i could inform this before its too late for some else to join this once in year opportunity. 

Congrats to next in line on waitlist. 

Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

@Ahab Shamaa we never leave anyone behind. I really appreciate your kind gesture, but I would really like your smile through your amazing FJ. At our age we already face everything with a smile, but Liwa experience like @Wrangeld put it is awesome and with an aching back will leave a smile on everyone's face till we head to Liwa again. Sure it is challenging, but we wouldn't invite all level of drivers if it was not possible. However you have to be aware that it's not a usual day drive, instead it's a journey which will turn boys to men. Thus men like you and I need to pull up our socks and show the boys how it's done.

• Like (+1) 3

Words of wisdom from our one and only @Rahimdad 😀 

God willing, I’m taking everyone’s advice and resting the night before and I’m showing up with my game face on. And just in case, I’m scheduling massages before and after the drive. I’ve also asked my lovely wife to prepare a hot bath and to check on our supply of Tylenol 😂

In all seriousness though, I’m looking forward to exploring Liwa and to driving its lovely sands with me fellow “Carnityans”😀💪🏻

@Wrangeld, I’ll bring some Panadol for us, just in case 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Lucky sAm said:

@Frederic

👋 Any luck from wait and wish list ? 

@Lucky sAm you are signed up for the Liwa Newbie, so the first waitlisted one will be @Piotr Kolodziej

Good morning @Piotr Kolodziej, with Rizwan cancelling from the drive, you are the first eligible one on the list, please confirm if you can make it.

Message to all:

Currently we are still full, and i would request the remaining Fewbies who are on this waitlist to send a message on the Liwa Newbie drive with the request to be put on the waitlist. At least you might find yourself lucky to secure a spot on that drive.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Current Waitlist: 

------Lucky Sam (signed up for Newbie alread)

------Piotr (booked into RSVP, waiting for confirmation

1) Probir

2) David Ortells

3) Siddharth 

4) SureshVnair

5) Xavier Treasurer

6- Yousef Alimedadi 

7 - Islam Soliman

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use