•  

Newbie - LIWA 2020 Adventure Drive - 2 Dec 2020

Srikumar

Experience the grandeur and majesty of Liwa desert in Empty Quarter (Rub-al-khali).

The largest continuous sea of dunes spread across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and Yemen.

What you will find here:

• Tallest sand dunes (300 meters)
  • Steepest incline and drops
  • Longest side sloping
  • Broad ridge riding
  • Fast heartbeat

Its every offroader's dream to visit Liwa desert and dunes at least once to witness the maximum scale of sand dunes existence. Though an unforgiving terrain, LIWA still welcomes offroaders who are sensible and respectful to drive through such an enormous sea of sand dunes.

liwa2020.jpg

After immense planning and preparation, the whole Carnity team is proud to present you a full day of exploring the LIWA desert, tailored to your drive level, and with the support of our whole senior team to make this adventure a trip you will never forget!

Driving through Liwa Dunes require your utmost focus, perseverance, patience, and the assurance that your 4x4 vehicle is in top notch condition.

Next to your vehicle, your off-road gears should be in good condition too, with fully charged radio with backup battery (or backup radio) a necessity for the long day drive.

The trip lead will schedule sufficient breaks to enjoy the magnificent scenery, take some rest, grab a bite or a drink. Make sure to carry plenty of water, food and snacks.

For Dubai and Sharjah residents, the COVID testing will be required at the border in Ghantoot. Please find the guidelines posted in below post:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie (Min. 3 drives with Carnity Offroad Club by 27th Nov) and Above 

When:  2 Dec 2020, Wednesday

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/eiJzPk7cwyjzWs8D7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance. 

• Every 4x4 should have LO gearing
  • AWD Vehicles are NOT allowed
  • Spare tyre should be in perfect usable condition. Also, ensure that the wrench / key to change the tyre is available in your car. 

Drive Preparation: 

• As it's a long full day drive, so catchup with enough sleep in advance.
  • 5 liter of water per person.
  • Snacks for breakfast and lunch (No sharing allowed). 
  • Fully charged radio with spare battery , shovel, offroad flag, pressure gauge and deflator and compressor  
  • Jerrycan with 20L of extra Petrol (VERY IMPORTANT).
  • Gas tank should be full upon arrival. Nearest petrol station is ADNOC LIWA: https://goo.gl/maps/5hCvZ33FPD9twsQF9

Approximate finish time: 3 PM with sufficient breaks in between,

End Point:  LIWA MOREEB https://goo.gl/maps/82FAUbAhgKcXCyui8 

GROUP CAMPING, BBQ IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER THE DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 24 cars only. RSVP will close on Tuesday 1st of December 9:00 AM
    • 2 Lead Marshals + 4 Senior Members + 24 Members. (TWO CONVOY)
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Late comers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Yay, I'm in, even tho 1hr late after reg opened 😅 . Glad to be back with the gang after some months building up antibodies 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hi Srikumar, please include me in waiting list for this awe inspiring empty quarter drive. Tx , Good day.

This place is daunting me to drive on it from the day I visited with my Chrysler almost 3 years ago while I was on official trip. I hope that my long awaited time has come now, to get this chance through Carnity to drive on it. Kindly WL me pls.

22F77DF3-D406-4B84-B883-495BBA85FC34.jpeg

D91B401A-AFE9-4C8E-84C9-F5C7084ECC4C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2020 at 12:00 PM, Srikumar said:

Waitlist 

1. Anoop Joseph

2. Srijith

<<edit - I realize I will not qualify for the drive as I will not hit 3 drives by 27th :( ... look forward to the next one.  Please feel free to remove me from any wit list to bump up others. >> 

thanks 

Hi, can I be added to the wait list! Thanks 

Edited by Niki Patel
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use