•  

Newbie - LIWA 2020 Adventure Drive - 2 Dec 2020

Srikumar

@Anoop joseph at the moment all the hotels in Liwa are either fully booked or insanely expensive. The closest option would be a 2 hour drive in Ghayathi or closer to Abu Dhabi city. 

I plan on removing the back seat of my car and put a sleeping bag to get some rest during the journey to and from Liwa.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Srikumar @Gauravhow to disable the airbags in the pajero? I remove the Traction control connector in the engine bay near the battery during the drives. Is that it or need something else? 
I drive 3.8 pajero 2014 LWB. 

@SrikumarI am planning to camp near our meeting point on 1st night. Any other suitable spot recommendation? 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Srikumar, is the min 3 drives mandatory for the liwa drive? It seems I won’t be able to attend my 3rd drive to Sweihan. However I drove a couple of times with other groups in several desert off-road drives and am very eager to join the liwa drive. Please let me know if I will still be qualified to attend on the 2nd. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

@Srikumar @Gauravhow to disable the airbags in the pajero? I remove the Traction control connector in the engine bay near the battery during the drives. Is that it or need something else? 
I drive 3.8 pajero 2014 LWB. 

@SrikumarI am planning to camp near our meeting point on 1st night. Any other suitable spot recommendation? 

The below post will help you out. Once you  remove the relay for ABS and ACS, it disables the airbags. 

Regarding the camping, I would suggest to camp in close proximity to a ADNOC gas station without venturing much into the sand. The last thing you would need is to get stuck in soft sand alone. The meeting point would be approx 20 -30 mins from the ADNOC Station

• Like (+1) 1

@Mohammed Razeen @syed salman raza @asifk your name has been added on the Newbie drive list. Please confirm your participation.

During the drive, if anyone's car is having the slightest troubles we would have to take them on to the road immediately. This has to be done to avoid delays and ensure that the rest of the convoy enjoys the drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

The below post will help you out. Once you  remove the relay for ABS and ACS, it disables the airbags. 

Regarding the camping, I would suggest to camp in close proximity to a ADNOC gas station without venturing much into the sand. The last thing you would need is to get stuck in soft sand alone. The meeting point would be approx 20 -30 mins from the ADNOC Station

Thanks!! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

@Mohammed Razeen @syed salman raza @asifk your name has been added on the Newbie drive list. Please confirm your participation.

During the drive, if anyone's car is having the slightest troubles we would have to take them on to the road immediately. This has to be done to avoid delays and ensure that the rest of the convoy enjoys the drive. 

Confirmed @Srikumar. I will exit my other drive and join you - thanks ! 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use