•  

Newbie - LIWA 2020 Adventure Drive - 2 Dec 2020

Srikumar

It was a great drive .Several learnings and some amazing sights .Great guidance. New tricks learnt ..thanks leads center forwards and sweeps @Pancho thanks  for resuce tug from the sand puddle .

Many thanks to @Srikumarand @Vanessa8580.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, DANIEL NOGUEIRA said:

Hello @Chaitanya D I got axle bearings issue during the morning drive,  so unfortunately I will have to drop the afternoon drive, till next time guys...

See you in the sand 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Nice pics @Srijith Gangadharan 👍🏻 Wow I see Prado and LandCruiser, besides the regular Pajeros, group has gone diverse too, missed the drive 😊

• Like (+1) 3

A good learning on this drive was the use of the manual gears using the tiptronic system to gain power in steps and boost flagging momentum.. great tip @Srikumar

Relayed by @Vanessa8580 who was guiding and pushing us on the long slope .

And @Pancho would also advised who advised on gear sequences for gaining speed and then regaining power .

Really enjoyable wonderful memory .

It was a great drive .Several learnings and some amazing sights .Great guidance. New tricks learnt ..thanks leads center forwards and sweeps @Pancho thanks  for resuce tug from the sand puddle .

Many thanks to @Srikumarand @Vanessa8580.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, DANIEL NOGUEIRA said:

Hello @Chaitanya D I got axle bearings issue during the morning drive,  so unfortunately I will have to drop the afternoon drive, till next time guys...

See you in the sand 

• Like (+1) 2

I had booked a test though the SHEA app. I was supposed to go on 30th but could not go due to work. I went on the 1st at 10:15 am. The results did not come till 2:30 am next morning just after I left home a bit early so that I could go to the Ghantoot Family Section with my son who is 10 yrs old. But the process ended up smooth and reached the Liwa Fuel Station at around 7 a.m.

After the full tank in my car and the jerry can I drove towards the designated meeting point and the sights were already enchanting for me.IMG_5081.jpg

Would not lie, the drive seemed a bit intimidating in the beginning. The loose sand and those huge dunes were overwhelming, but as the day progressed the learning curve set in and the drive become more and more enjoyable. Even the mighty Moreeb did not seem that difficult.

Later in the evening took some rest in a camp I set in the desert and headed out home later in the night. It was one of the most memorable days and will be looking forward to many such trips. 

Mighty Thanks to Carnity Team and @Gaurav for believing in us that we would be able to do it, and yes we did it. We were having so much fun that we did not even have time for lunch.

More Pics in the Gallery.

All Trails Recordings

Gaia GPS Recordings

PS: The full fuel tank at Liwa in the morning lasted pretty much till I reached back home in Dubai. I did refuel the car on the way only because I did not want to carry a jerry can full of fuel in the car any longer. Also realised I did not know how to open a Jeep Fuel Cap - struggled a bit.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Edited by Goutam
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use