•  

Intermediate - LIWA 2020 Adventure Drive - 2 Dec 2020

Emmanuel

Experience the grandeur and majesty of Liwa desert in Empty Quarter (Rub-al-khali). 

The largest continuous sea of dunes spread across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and Yemen.

What you will find here:

• Tallest sand dunes (300 meters)
  • Steepest incline and drops
  • Longest side sloping
  • Broad ridge riding
  • Fast heartbeat

Its every offroader's dream to visit Liwa desert and dunes at least once to witness the maximum scale of sand dunes existence. Though an unforgiving terrain, LIWA still welcomes offroaders who are sensible and respectful to drive through such an enormous sea of sand dunes.

liwa2020.jpg

After immense planning and preparation, the whole Carnity team is proud to present you a full day of exploring the LIWA desert, tailored to your drive level, and with the support of our whole senior team to make this adventure a trip you will never forget!

Driving through Liwa Dunes require your utmost focus, perseverance, patience, and the assurance that your 4x4 vehicle is in top notch condition.

Next to your vehicle, your off-road gears should be in good condition too, with fully charged radio with backup battery (or backup radio) a necessity for the long day drive.

The trip lead will schedule sufficient breaks to enjoy the magnificent scenery, take some rest, grab a bite or a drink. Make sure to carry plenty of water, food and snacks.

For Dubai and Sharjah residents, the COVID testing will be required at the border in Ghantoot. Please find the guidelines posted in below post:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above 

When:  2 Dec 2020, Wednesday

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 
https://goo.gl/maps/bXFijFSAASzfPMfM7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance. Spare tyre should be in perfect usable condition.

What to bring along: 

• 5L of water per person. 
  • Snacks for breakfast and lunch.
  • Fully charged radio with spare battery, shovel, offroad flag, pressure gauge and deflator.  
  • Your own compressor for tyre inflation.
  • Jerrycan with 20L of extra Petrol (VERY IMPORTANT).
  • Gas tank should be full upon arrival. Nearest petrol station is ADNOC LIWA: https://goo.gl/maps/5hCvZ33FPD9twsQF9

Approximate finish time: 4PM with sufficient breaks inbetween,

End Point:  LIWA MOREEB https://goo.gl/maps/82FAUbAhgKcXCyui8 

GROUP CAMPING, BBQ IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER THE DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Tuesday 1st of December 09AM
    • 1 Lead Marshal + 1 or 2 Senior Members + 10 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Like (+1) 7
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 11/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, Heisem said:

@Emmanuel the FJ version I drive has a 70L Gas tank instead of 150L. Is it sufficient for this sort of drive considering it will take half a day. Also if possible please add to waitlist thanks 

Hi @Heisem. I have the same tank as yours, and I usually consume half a tank every 100Km of desert driving, Consider that this is on less challenging terrain than Liwa, so it may turn out to be actually less than 200Km for a full tank. If Emmanuel can advise how many Kms he's planning to drive (roughly) + distance to nearest refueling station from entry/exit point, you can figure out how many cans you'll need. I would carry 2 of 20lt each, if I were you. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Heisem. I have the same tank as yours, and I usually consume half a tank every 100Km of desert driving, Consider that this is on less challenging terrain than Liwa, so it may turn out to be actually less than 200Km for a full tank. If Emmanuel can advise how many Kms he's planning to drive (roughly) + distance to nearest refueling station from entry/exit point, you can figure out how many cans you'll need. I would carry 2 of 20lt each, if I were you. 

Hi 

With 150 l tank I should survive, right... ?

Are you guys planning to stay overnight somewhere there ?

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use