•  
Advertise here

EV by Lucid- another competitor for Tesla

Atif

18 hours ago, Atif said:

517 Mile Range EV with more efficient motors and a higher voltage battery solution. Let’s see how Tesla will counter the competition.

https://fb.watch/1Q-3bxyLum/

Tesla doesnt have much competition as of now. The big car brands are working hard behind the screens to come up with something to compete with the Tesla but i have not seen much yet.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, topgear said:

I actually hope the EV hype will die down.

It is true that EVs has very good acceleration and speed. But there is no sound and no smell/fumes. To say the least, it is pretty soulless. 

If you consider that a petrol engine only has an efficiency of 25-35%, and the rest is being evacuated in the form of heat which is useless, we really need to find something better. If EV will be the gamechanger, or a mix of hydrogen, hybrid, or other technologies will take over remains to be seen. 

Any vehicle can have a soul in my opinion, and i do understand your point and love the rumbling noise of a V8 as well, but we should look forward and not backward.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

If you consider that a petrol engine only has an efficiency of 25-35%, and the rest is being evacuated in the form of heat which is useless, we really need to find something better. If EV will be the gamechanger, or a mix of hydrogen, hybrid, or other technologies will take over remains to be seen. 

Any vehicle can have a soul in my opinion, and i do understand your point and love the rumbling noise of a V8 as well, but we should look forward and not backward.

Scientifically, I know and understand why it is heading that way. My favourite past time, F1 started running on 1.6l V6 hybrid engine since 2014. Yes, we should look forward for the cleaner and efficient technology. But I always feel that I was born 1-2 decades too late. I will enjoy the golden era of the automotive world in the late 70s then 80s and 90s.  

I am hoping for both petrol and cleaner technology (EV, hydrogen, hybrid etc) to be able to co-exist. Much like the quartz watch industry that almost wiped out the Swiss watch makers given that quartz is more precise, efficient and cheaper compared to mechanical watches. Thankfully each found their own niche and co-existed till today.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, topgear said:

Scientifically, I know and understand why it is heading that way. My favourite past time, F1 started running on 1.6l V6 hybrid engine since 2014. Yes, we should look forward for the cleaner and efficient technology. But I always feel that I was born 1-2 decades too late. I will enjoy the golden era of the automotive world in the late 70s then 80s and 90s.  

I am hoping for both petrol and cleaner technology (EV, hydrogen, hybrid etc) to be able to co-exist. Much like the quartz watch industry that almost wiped out the Swiss watch makers given that quartz is more precise, efficient and cheaper compared to mechanical watches. Thankfully each found their own niche and co-existed till today.  

Actually we are living the golden era of the automotive world. 70s there was a petrol crisis after that it took a long way to car manufacturers to build fast and powerful machines again after 60s. 

Today there are Dodge Demons, Hellcats, Raptor, TRX, V8 Wrangler. There wasn't such beautiful toys before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

From the sophistication perspective of the aesthetics and gadgets level, yes we are in the golden era. The designs today are really sophisticated and the gadgets are really cool. However,  I appreciate the simpler mechanical technology and cleaner line offered in the 80s and 90s. 

Petrol crisis notwithstanding, the German carmakers released a lot of nice cars in the 80s. The Japanese is not too far behind.

• Like (+1) 1

Good to have choice in EV trucks and cars . Otherwise we will see only Tesla on the roads . Frankly I like Tesla but its truck shape doesn’t fit well with me. I know some will hate me for this😀.

• Like (+1) 1