•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab Al Shams - Dubai - 27 Nov 2020

Chaitanya D

9 hours ago, Probir Mukherjee said:

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA you were missed Great drive , @Chaitanya D,@anesh@Pancho @JanarthanJanarthanfor leads and recovery .also must mention @Anish Sand  @Desert Dweller with appreciation for lifting the ribbon strings to let out may car  after the nose dive recovery towards the end many thanks.Look forward to the pictures and videos .

Hey @Probir Mukherjee, you are welcome🙏, anytime sir☺️ Pleasure is all ours... enjoy the sand...

Just to highlight I am also desert dweller but my profile is @Veedooshee 😉...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Dear All 

This was a great fewbie drive - one of the best I ever had with great planning for ridge riding and crisscrossing - @Pancho you made our ride very amazing

@Chaitanya D you really payed a very important role here supporting everyone in this ride, when you put your lights on you changed the desert to noon time again - and the spices of technical dune crossing at the end of the ride to reach our exit was really amazing

@Janarthan your major role as center forward was played perfectly making sure the convoy is moving from the middle, for me personally following your track made the ride much easier for me specifically when am seeing you doing it I got the confidence that yes I can follow his track and will pass safely

I had couple of refusals which I was able to recover with @Anish S support and @Janarthan and @Chaitanya D didn't spare an effort to come back and help, even my totally stuck on the top of the ridge was self recovered by the support of the team on the radio

@Anish S as a sweep making sure the full convoy is moving safely from the back - I recognized you on top of the dune watching the convoy moving safely

Thank you all for your efforts and for the great afternoon ride 

Looking forward to see you all again next weekend 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hello Everyone, 

What a perfect drive to end our Friday. Wonderfully lead by @Pancho and great support from @Chaitanya D. I must say, we had a wonderful convoy and everyone drove very well. Great assist from @Anish S. See you all soon again :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Mahmoud Hamzawy said:

Dear All 

This was a great fewbie drive - one of the best I ever had with great planning for ridge riding and crisscrossing - @Pancho you made our ride very amazing

@Chaitanya D you really payed a very important role here supporting everyone in this ride, when you put your lights on you changed the desert to noon time again - and the spices of technical dune crossing at the end of the ride to reach our exit was really amazing

@Janarthan your major role as center forward was played perfectly making sure the convoy is moving from the middle, for me personally following your track made the ride much easier for me specifically when am seeing you doing it I got the confidence that yes I can follow his track and will pass safely

I had couple of refusals which I was able to recover with @Anish S support and @Janarthan and @Chaitanya D didn't spare an effort to come back and help, even my totally stuck on the top of the ridge was self recovered by the support of the team on the radio

@Anish S as a sweep making sure the full convoy is moving safely from the back - I recognized you on top of the dune watching the convoy moving safely

Thank you all for your efforts and for the great afternoon ride 

Looking forward to see you all again next weekend 

Dear @Mahmoud Hamzawy thank you for your appreciation. I was so happy to see you driving after a long time together 

You drove really well which was a treat to watch , especially the self recoveries.  We all improve with each drive and you will come back a better driver every time to conquer even more challenging terrain.

4 hours ago, Janarthan said:

Hello Everyone, 

What a perfect drive to end our Friday. Wonderfully lead by @Pancho and great support from @Chaitanya D. I must say, we had a wonderful convoy and everyone drove very well. Great assist from @Anish S. See you all soon again :)

Thanks @Janarthan, your support was much appreciated and it was great to have you my friend 

20 hours ago, Probir Mukherjee said:

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA you were missed Great drive , @Chaitanya D,@anesh@Pancho @JanarthanJanarthanfor leads and recovery .

Thank you @Probir Mukherjee. It was great to see you drive so well, more confident from what I saw you earlier. Some great self recoveries done by you

18 hours ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

@Chaitanya D @Pancho @Janarthan @Anish S and the whole team, thanks for a wonderful drive! We enjoyed a very nice mix of technical areas and long nice dunes in South Qudra area.

Since I was located in the first half of the convoy, mainly I took photos of @Probir Mukherjee  @Jon M and @Chaitanya D

Kindly find a bit more photos in the gallery.

Thanks!

DSC_1113.jpg

DSC_1135.jpg

DSC_1151.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

DSC_1163.jpg

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1178.jpg

DSC_1208.jpg

DSC_1211.jpg

Dear @Mikhail Lukichev it was wonderful to see you drive with great control and confidence.  Some wonderful pictures taken by you, thank you so much buddy. Well done

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report:

Thank you everyone for arriving on time inspite of heavy patrolling and temporary blocking of the Bab al Shams exit from Adnoc round about. No one who signed up missed the drive which is very satisfying for all the effort we are putting in the backend to accommodate as many Carnity members to get on to a drive every weekend in a very transparent way, Well done all of you. Writing this report reminds me of the cool wind buzzing through our cars riding on some "Buttery" dunes which Qudra had to offer from the entry point right till then end owing to a cloudy day which made the weather awesome for an outing like this.

We squeezed most of the long range dunes on offer doing our bit of long slopes, sides, ridge rides and criss crossing. All of you drove really well in all areas , which is indeed commendable for a fewbie drive. Some of the drivers I was riding with were first timers , and after initial few minutes realized that you were well acquainted with  the basics which are advised to you all on newbie drives by our more experienced Mar$hals.

With sun setting and the sight getting more enjoyable we started heading to our exit , towards the tarmac beside Hamari well. The last technical dunes before the exit tested your drivability in tight spots where we did have some refusals but everyone were able to self recover and exit out well on time. Of course as it was dark, we did enjoy few min of night drive which is a different challenge and experience. 

@Pancho lead the almost all of the drive , and I was his second lead. It was a delight to be behind him and the way he calmly took us around the "Buttery" dunes was simply remarkable. Thank you very much for a great drive Pancho, which made our evening memorable.

20201127_163727.jpg

@Probir Mukherjee in the mighty Land Cruiser was a different driver from what I knew about him. Fantastic control on ridges, exiting out when you dont have the momentum perfectly and great improvement in communicating on the Radio. I hope your friend enjoyed the drive as much as everyone did.Self recovery from a tight soft deep pocket was a treat to watch ( pictures in the Gallery)

DSC_1113.jpg

@Jon M driving the montero was seen enjoying the moment. Some nice self recovery from a incline when he was side stuck on a dune, well done and great driving buddy

DSC_1208.jpg

@Mikhail Lukichev surfed his Prado on the sand as good as it can be, hardly any refusal and calls on the Radio which is testament for some fantastic driving done by you. Thank you for some nice snaps, appreciated.

20201127_165746.jpg

@Janarthan was our center forward , executing his role to perfection and always ready to help in any situation. Having you on any drive is a comfort for the lead and all in the convoy as one is rest assured that help is available when needed anytime. Thank you so much Jana

20201127_172321.jpg

@Mahmoud Hamzawy driving a Prado behind Jana was remarkable. Very well controlled and well driven, getting out of refusals from some tight situation was a delight tot watch from distance. Great control when you reversed and recovered your self , well done!

20201127_165833.jpg

@Goutam drove the Yellow wrangler really well. Absolutely unheard on the radio and hardly any issues, perfect driving . Well done

20201127_165836.jpg

@Tariq Carrimjee with an open top wrangler and all the gizmos for offroad is a delight to have on any drive. Great to see you enjoy the driving , especially on this day as the weather was simply perfect to enjoy what you have. 

20201127_165842.jpg

@Islam Soliman our late addition to this drive and always a treat to see how well you drive a massive beast. Very well controlled driving , even in some tight spots and some great advise in situations where we needed. Well done Habibi

DSC_1160.jpg

@Anish S was our sweep and helped in situation which were tricky at times. Great to have a conversation with you when we had a break and know more about you and how you, yourself need and feel what you have to improve. This is what will make everyone a better off road driver in the long run. Thank you so much for all the assistance, and thanks to your copilot @Veedooshee for some great pictures

20201127_165855.jpg

We drove close to 52 Km, in about 3hrs 30 min with an approx stop time of 25 min, some stats to share. Of course these are not needed and do not convey the quality /sense of enjoyment we had during the drive.

See you all again soon , while you enjoy a short week at work.

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use