•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 27 Nov 2020

Gaurav

Updated convoy

1. Gaurav                           Silver Pajero
  2. Kaile Barrameda            Grey Wrangler
  3. Sai Baskaran                 White pajero
  4. Irshad Alam                    White Pajero
  5. Anvar Sadath Bekal       White pajero
  6. Nathan Evans                 Brown Jimny
  7. Umar Kamal                   Grand Cherokee
  8. MUHAMMAD Kashif      Yellow Wrangler
  9. Niki Patel                        Black FJ Cruiser
  10. Prabuddha Madusa        Xterra
  11. Gaurav  Soni                   grey pajero
  12. Aus Alzubaidi                 Black Wrangler
  13. Chaitanya D                    Black Xterra 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Today’s drive was rather calm and peaceful compared to those we attended previously, hence why it allowed us to truly admire the beauty of the desert one dune at a time rather than dashing through them. The convoy held itself pretty well with having just a few refusals and No stucks, really impressive for the newbie level.

Towards the end of the drive many drivers conquered the Pink Rock, some did struggle but it wasn’t an easy climb. 

It was disappointing that the Wrangler decided to give up on its power and not make it up the climb, I guess it’s in need of a doctors appointment 😂 

Thanks @Gaurav for being a really supportive Marshal and being really active throughout the drive. Moreover thanks for the advices given towards the end for our Wrangler, would help us a lot, and it also shows your depth of knowledge in the field.

@Chaitanya D was in Sweep; saw him make several trips towards the middle of the convoy to help the fellow drivers out of trouble, it showed his activeness and dedication towards his role in keeping the convoy mobile.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Nice pics @Umar Kamal please upload them in gallery, every drive has its own album.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have learnt quite a lot today and Pink Rock Off road ride was completely different than my previous 2 offroad rides ie Al Qudra and Solar Park.Pajero could not reach to the top as I was struggling to apply manual gears but might be next time.

I really appreciate discipline follow up  as @Gaurav did today for Flag requirement and thanks to the team who saved my enjoyable day by assembling a Flag by all available sources.Sure next time I'll have my own :)

I just forget to ask @Gaurav about one comment you made that I was speedy in one crossing ,actually to get momentum I was trying this as scaring to avoid refusal again.

Thanks @Gaurav and @Chaitanya D 

C U all next time soon.

• Like (+1) 1

@Gaurav. @Chaitanya D thank you for the trip today!  Was a big step up from the absolute newbie session last week!  

Getting a better feel for the car (finding the psi that matches my driving style, learning to throttle and turn smoother, power of manual gears).  

Your coaching, support, patience, the stunning landscape/views PLUS no ‘pop out’ made this a truly enjoyable experience!

Enjoy your weekend all and look forward to seeing many of you again on the next newbie trip over the coming weeks! 

have put some pics up on the gallery however having seen what @Umar Kamal shot.... skip past mine and look at the awesome pictures he took! 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use