•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Behzad Ranch - Sharjah - 28 Nov 2020

Chaitanya D

1 hour ago, Ashy said:

@Chaitanya D, due to health issues I had to pull out of the drive this week. Apologies for the late notice. 

Noted @Ashy. Hope you get well soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Friends

Please note convoy numbering for tomorrow

We will use Chanel 1 for radio coms

Anish will be Center forward and Islam will sweep, both of whom will assist in recoveries if any.

Please arrive a few min early and prep, so that we can start driving on time

Position

Name

Car

Level

Chaitanya

Black Xterra

Exp

@Jeandre Bezuidenhout

Blue Wrangler

IM

@Ashok chaturvedi

Golden Pajero

FB+

@Piotr Kolodziej

Grey FJC

FB+

@Mohamed Seidam

White Xterra

FB+

CF6

@Anish S

Silver Pajero

IM

@Nizam Deen

White Prado

IM

@David Ortells

Grey FJC

FB+

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe

White Wrangler

IM

10Sweep

@Islam Soliman

Black Yukon

IM

• Like (+1) 3

@Piotr Kolodziej and @Nizam Deen, I am not sure if you are already aware so informing you. 

Please get your wheels with pop out cleaned properly to remove all sand and balanced again. This will prevent the vibrations which can occur otherwise while driving at high speed. Thanks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Crescendo vs decresendo 

knowing that my trip to start point would take about one hour plus stoping for fueling up made me get up from my bed about half an hour before my set alarm 🙂 ( I admire those who has to come from another Emirates like RAK or Abudhabi ). so I enjoyed driving in moderate speed drinking my home made espresso all along the way looking forward for a beautiful day and it was beautiful.

Arriving 20 minutes before 6 am I already sow @Jeandre Bezuidenhout and @Ashok chaturvedi already deflating. Immediately as I started deflating a familiar car just passed me .it was Dr @Chaitanya D , when I turned his black X already parked in front of mine. In 5 minutes almost every one arrived. Concise friendly brief done by the lead and we took off immediately. 

In the first half of the drive we enjoyed up hill/ side sloping in three or 4 different bowels and it was really beautiful. Followed in the second half by more technicality with variable notes in crescendo decrescendo fashion.In each half every one had the opportunity to test his skills and vehicle more and more.

we had few refusals , two pop out and couple stuck which was dealt with in smooth professional way. Till @Ashok chaturvedi was wedged in a nasty soft pocket with awkward angle to recover neither self nor assessed.when I sow @Veedooshee waving calling us , we all knew it’s exercise time  😆. Keeping the Covid precautions and with advice from our lead heavy shoveling in two teams to relieve one another.clear sand . After which rope recovery by redirecting the vehicle was bravely and nicely executed by @Jeandre Bezuidenhout and his blue rubicon ( while I was taking the clip it looked to me like a beautiful blue toy car with its roof off pulling a giant LWB Pagero in comparison , and that was the story of this blue that day ) ( please refer to the thread of the greatest of recoveries for more details )

For me driving in technical  terrain is like swimming in shallow water ( not allowed to touch the ground by feet or knees  ) and in my opinion once mastering the shallow water then floating on the ocean will piece of cake!

I liked this trip a lot because it showed every one how much he/she is in love with this sport and yet brought the best out of us.

thank you dear friend @Chaitanya D for the superb lead and flawless decisions whenever was needed and also your obvious care for all the drivers along and your curtesy when you stoped for help if can be given to two drivers one of their vehicles stalled. @Jeandre Bezuidenhout your second lead was amazing and for me you were the key of our day toward the end recovering bravely @Ashok chaturvedi. Thank you @Anish S for pulling me back when I was crested , so gentle like a butter and bread.thank you for @Veedooshee ( your copilot ) for the amazing pictures and her concerns about the whole team. Well done both. Yet a word of warm thanks to @Islam Soliman for his flawless sweep and his efforts in the pop out and recovery as well .

thank you all dear friends for your enthusiasm and efforts and it was indeed a beautiful day for me. 

take care drive safe till next round

cheers 🚙🌷🙏🏻

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

12 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Piotr Kolodziej and @Nizam Deen, I am not sure if you are already aware so informing you. 

Please get your wheels with pop out cleaned properly to remove all sand and balanced again. This will prevent the vibrations which can occur otherwise while driving at high speed. Thanks

Felt like a shaman trying to explain using sand in my hands and a graphic sign language what happened and what needs to be done at several local tire shops where we left the desert when Google failed miserably and hilariously with Farsi and Arabic translations 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use