•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive Angel's Anniversary - Qudra & Beyond - Dubai - 27 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

10 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Actually getting stuck especially in the first two steps of our ladder , I would say , is necessary and unavoidable opportunity to learn it , ( I am not saying to surrender to it easily ) but baby dunes and narrow passages in between that even for LWB vehicles can be challenging , I would admire the energy and welling of the heavy long base vehicles drivers like @Abu Muhammad, accepting the more challenge 💪. I wished to be driving with you in qudra this Friday  ( my favorite spot ) , but in the next weeks after Liwa is over I will . God well 

best of luck and cheers all 

@Wrangeld catch you soon  dear friend with much thrill and technical soft baby dunes 

Different cars, different challenges. A big car rides ridges more easily than an SWB. The SWB is more nimble in smaller dunes. 

It's all part of the challenge. That's why we enjoy it so much. 

Catch you soon @Mohamed Seidam

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My single cab is pretty small tho... but anyhow ive been desert driving for many years now so my confidence in handling the tuck is high enough to handle most thrown at it.... please dont hold back ✌🏼

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

8 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Actually getting stuck especially in the first two steps of our ladder , I would say , is necessary and unavoidable opportunity to learn it , ( I am not saying to surrender to it easily ) but baby dunes and narrow passages in between that even for LWB vehicles can be challenging , I would admire the energy and welling of the heavy long base vehicles drivers like @Abu Muhammad, accepting the more challenge 💪. I wished to be driving with you in qudra this Friday  ( my favorite spot ) , but in the next weeks after Liwa is over I will . God well 

best of luck and cheers all 

@Wrangeld catch you soon  dear friend with much thrill and technical soft baby dunes 

Yes this is it Dr @Mohamed Seidam Thank you. All we can do is to try our best with positive anergy and lots of patient.

Liwa would be a good unforgettable first experience hopefully. It would be pleasure seeing you there.

Edited by Abu Muhammad
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Abu Muhammad said:

Liwa would be a good unforgettable first experience hopefully. It would be pleasure seeing you there.

Dear @Abu Muhammad unfortunately Liwa is ain’t on my schedule ; ( work and family ) . I will cross my fingers for you and all the desert lovers who are going to conquer the mighty dunes of Liwa , I still remember it very well ( was my Adam’s age that time ) . Best of luck and I will be watching you from here so far away 😔 inshallah 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Francois Germishuys said:

My single cab is pretty small tho... but anyhow ive been desert driving for many years now so my confidence in handling the tuck is high enough to handle most thrown at it.... please dont hold back ✌🏼

Great to read @Francois Germishuys ... let's see what we can find to throw at it. 

• Like (+1) 4

Friday comes but once a week - and the terrible truth is that if all plans go as we want, our drive will be over by this time tomorrow morning! That's why the drive is now closed. You are all confirmed and expected tomorrow morning. 

Here are the convoy positions. We will reconfirm these in the morning. 

Morning Fewbie Friday 27 Nov - Angel's Anniversary

Attendees

Level

Car

Radio

Pos #

Wrangeld

Marshal

Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

Y

Anand Nataraj @Anand Nataraj

Fewbie

Nissan Xterra

Y

Shaaz Sha @Shaaz Sha

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler SWB

Y

Mahmoud Asar @Mahmoud Asar

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Y

Ashok Chaturvedi @Ashok chaturvedi

Fewbie

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

y

Hennie Schoeman @Hennie Schoeman

Fewbie

Jeep Wrangler

Y

Nivin @Nivin

Intermediate

Nissan Xterra

Y

Abu Muhammed @Abu Muhammad

Fewbie

Toyota Sequndra

Y

Ranjan Das @Ranjan Das

Fewbie

LR Discovery

Y

Tamas Hoffmann @Tamas Hoffmann

Intermediate

Mitsubishi Pajero LWB

Y

Francois Germishuys @Francois Germishuys

Fewbie

Ford F150

Y

Jeepie @Jeepie

Expert

Jeep Wrangler

Y

We will also be checking that everyone has the equipment expected for a Fewbie drive - because shovels will be needed tomorrow morning. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for a memorable experience and it was fun driving with all of you. It was a wonderful day to start with, the weather being really good and thank you @Wrangeld and @Jeepie for a fabulous anniversary treat in the Sands. For me it was like a well balanced meal and enjoyed it a lot. Starting off with some sideys and criss crossing , then on to the technical terrains and dunes and a pop out to deal with (very informative), and few refusals and stucks where some physical activities with shovel along with @Mahmoud Asar and @Nivin.... A perfect off-road experience !!. Special mentions to @Nivin for his efforts in recoveries.. well done bro 👏👏. To conclude the drive in a sentence " a well lead , well assisted and well swept drive"!! Thank you guys once again and hope to join you guys soon in the sand. Keep cool and safe ..👍👍👍

IMG_20201127_065037~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_072001~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_073127~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_073433~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_073446~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_074915~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_080941~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_081041~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_082453~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_095108~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_095129~2.jpg

IMG_20201127_064426.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld & @Jeepie thank you Angels for a great workout drive, Enjoyed verymuch and was a good experience.

We drove more ridges today than any other Fewbie drives i have driven. Well managed everyone! 

See you soon in Sand!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed this drive. Yes, I will accept it was a bit 'bitty' due to the number of recoveries - but that was, more or less expected because we were doing just the sort of practice and 'exercises' where people get stuck.

If you keep in mind that, as drivers that do not have lots of experience behind them to criss cross and ridge ride, it's inevitable that we will get stuck. We could have just played on the wide dunes to our heart's content and convered more ground - but then what would the learning have been: that we can drive up and down the dunes and do a bit of side slipping. 

Instead, we approached the crest of dune after dune and rode the ridge or crossed to the other side. We ploughed through some soft sand and even ventured into some of the smaller more entertaining dunes that Qudra has to offer. We did not get technical (anyone interested I will post a Lisali drive soon) but we got close to it. And we covered a lot of ground and different types of dune. The teamwork was as always amazing - the enthusiasm to help each other out is astounding sometimes.  

The area around Qudra has so much to offer, and was we saw this morning, a lot of that area is not regularly travelled. It means we can drive without worrying that other convoys will come along (think Pink Rock or Fossil Rock) not, until we get close to the lakes do we need to worry about cross tracks. 

Highlights of the day? I am not sharing that one, because what goes on in Qudra stays in Qudra. Let's leave it that there are just some challenges that you might think twice before making. :-)

There were some excellent perfromances today. It's really great to see how drivers develop from Newbie through Fewbie and on to higher ranks. No specific feedback today because i think that everyone learned something and it would be good to think about what your key takeaway on the day was yourself. 

@Jeepie - sorry to choose a hobby that means we have to get up at 4am every Friday. As ever your help held it all together today. 

@Nivin it was a bit of a workout with all the diging - and you did great

For those driving next week in Liwa - make sure your car (that means tyres, valves, flags, oil etc) are all in good order. It would be a real shame if you had the chance now and it was your vehicle that fails because of something you could have had a look at in the next few days. Liwa is simply not the sort of place you can 'wing it'. We can get away with it in Qudra because we are 15 km from a road at any time. In Liwa the roads are 50km or more away, and there's no recovery truck that can make its way in. We all saw the car in the bowl in Qudra this morning that had been left by its owner - you really don't want that to be you next week. 

As an anniversary drive, it was great. A chance to enjoy a bit of the community of Carnity and a great group with which to share the drive. 

Looking forward to seeing you all again in the sand soon. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use