•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - The Ganthoot Blitz - 28 Nov 2020

Ale Vallecchi

Veni, Blitzi, Vici (We came, we blitzed, we won) 😉 - Ganthoot Blitz Drive Report

Dear Desertnauts, thank you all very much for giving me the opportunity to lead of then most fun drives I had lately.

Everything worked perfectly on this drive. The early start, with the first light barely breaking the horizon, the brisk and safe crossing of the technical entry area just as the sun came up, navigating an alternation of virgin long range dunes and tighter technical dunes, the impromptu decision to extend the drive to the south-west, toward an inviting succession of playable dunes (with plenty of ridge-riding, criss-crossing, and side-sloping opportunities), and finally the trip back up toward Bab al Shams, with a bonus ride toward Solar Park's exit. The most tangible sign that all drivers were doing great, and fully enjoying the drive (or so I wish to believe), was a very conspicuous radio silence, which persisted almost until we reached our turning point, on the border with Ganthoot's laborers' camps.

Virtually no refusals, and only one stuck toward the end, testify the drivers' brilliant performance. And what a  pleasure driving in a virtually untouched territory, where the few tracks visible on the ground, in places, were the ones left from our previous recce drive, just a week back, and those of some campers' close to Solar Park. 

As usual in these type of intermediate drives, we drove without a convoy's Center Forward, so that all members may be responsible for supporting the car either in front or behind. This insured that the few refusals were speedily overcome, and virtually all drivers were involved in the each other's recoveries (and the single tug).

A collective "bravo" to @Luca Palanca Falsini (thank you for the precise Second Lead), @Mehmet Volga, @Tero Vallas, @Nabil Bishara, @marks, @Heisem, @Kailas@Alexander Alcala and @Pancho (provider of a clean Sweep): the Blitz covered 83Km, in 3 hours of driving (3:43 including stops), at an average speed of 22Km/h (and 28Km/h while in moving), with a cumulative climb of 603 meters (going from a minimum altitude of 30m to a maximum of 81m).

Looking forward to seeing you soon in the sand, I wish you a great, super short, week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Wonderful drive! Thanks to @Ale Vallecchi @Luca Palanca Falsini @Pancho and all drivers for good coordination and high performance.

I really enjoyed the area, especially the last part where we did long ridge ridings. The sand was a bit soft but it only made the game funnier. The good thing with @Ale Vallecchi's drives that he always discovers wilderness parts of the desert allowing us to race against gazelles!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use