•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 27 Nov 2020

Rahimdad

Hi @ALI ALMOUMAR , 

I think you have video of on of my side sloping? Can you post it in the gallery? 

Also if anyone else has a pic or video with @Rahimdad, me and @Ken Hüüdma on the last tall dune we managed to reach, please do post it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trip Report: The drive with the most drop outs

So how did my morning start. Terrible in one word. @Shamil could make it due to fever, better safe than sorry. @Gaurav Soni went to the wrong meeting point, fortunately he was on @Gaurav bhai drive who was also doing a newbie drive and allowed him to join. Finally I had to send back @Hisham Masaad as he did not have a radio and we did not have a spare set.

After everyone deflated and after the quick brief we rearranged the convoy and were on our way. At this point my day started getting better as the convoy I had on the day was funtastic. We had loads of fun as we played around and had some play time with some sides. Everybody managed well and showed good steering and throttle control. We reached Fossil Rock within no time but since the descent was terrible we just took a detour from the side and headed towards Faya.

As we played around reaching Faya almost all the way from the back side. I say almost as I was reminded that the convoy I was leading was a Newbie convoy. You can just imagine my joy to see Newbies cope so well.

My heartfelt thanks to @Rizwan Waheed for being an excellent second lead. Also my thanks to @Atif bhai for being an excellent centre forward. Special thanks to @Pickey Singh for being an excellent sweep and not only keeping the whole convoy together but keeping me updated regularly on the convoy movement.

@Syed Raza Hussain was at his best, however I do feel sorry for a struggling shouting Pajero. @ALI ALMOUMAR impressed me with his all powerful Prado a smile which pushed me beyond the Newbie level. A good word from him is what made me realise its a Newbie group. @Luca Bregni enthusiasm was so infectious to add extra power to the whole group. His control of his Wrangler showed in both steering and throttle as he conquered the area with ease.

@Aravind Padmaraju with his Xperia showed us his talent and all that he has learned with full competence. @Ken Hüüdma with his Patrol seemed like he's meant for this sport as I enjoyed watching him handle his Y62 so well. @Federico De Chirico with his 3.8 Pajero managed the drive with both steering and throttle control giving me confidence in his level of drive.

Always a pleasure to watch @Shyam Karat handling his Wrangler limo Unlimited. Great inspiration to watch him go through the dunes as if we are driving on Sheikh Zayed Road. @Arun Mathew with his Wrangler  just reinforced the strength of the Wrangler crew without any sticks or refusals.

In conclusion what started for me as a somewhat terrible day turned out to be one of the most enjoyable days. All thanks to the people on the drive. Going beyond their capacity and pushing themselves and supporting each other to make it another wonderful day out.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 11/30/2020 at 7:51 PM, Rahimdad said:

Trip Report: The drive with the most drop outs

So how did my morning start. Terrible in one word. @Shamil could make it due to fever, better safe than sorry. @Gaurav Soni went to the wrong meeting point, fortunately he was on @Gaurav bhai drive who was also doing a newbie drive and allowed him to join. Finally I had to send back @Hisham Masaad as he did not have a radio and we did not have a spare set.

After everyone deflated and after the quick brief we rearranged the convoy and were on our way. At this point my day started getting better as the convoy I had on the day was funtastic. We had loads of fun as we played around and had some play time with some sides. Everybody managed well and showed good steering and throttle control. We reached Fossil Rock within no time but since the descent was terrible we just took a detour from the side and headed towards Faya.

As we played around reaching Faya almost all the way from the back side. I say almost as I was reminded that the convoy I was leading was a Newbie convoy. You can just imagine my joy to see Newbies cope so well.

My heartfelt thanks to @Rizwan Waheed for being an excellent second lead. Also my thanks to @Atif bhai for being an excellent centre forward. Special thanks to @Pickey Singh for being an excellent sweep and not only keeping the whole convoy together but keeping me updated regularly on the convoy movement.

@Syed Raza Hussain was at his best, however I do feel sorry for a struggling shouting Pajero. @ALI ALMOUMAR impressed me with his all powerful Prado a smile which pushed me beyond the Newbie level. A good word from him is what made me realise its a Newbie group. @Luca Bregni enthusiasm was so infectious to add extra power to the whole group. His control of his Wrangler showed in both steering and throttle as he conquered the area with ease.

@Aravind Padmaraju with his Xperia showed us his talent and all that he has learned with full competence. @Ken Hüüdma with his Patrol seemed like he's meant for this sport as I enjoyed watching him handle his Y62 so well. @Federico De Chirico with his 3.8 Pajero managed the drive with both steering and throttle control giving me confidence in his level of drive.

Always a pleasure to watch @Shyam Karat handling his Wrangler limo Unlimited. Great inspiration to watch him go through the dunes as if we are driving on Sheikh Zayed Road. @Arun Mathew with his Wrangler  just reinforced the strength of the Wrangler crew without any sticks or refusals.

In conclusion what started for me as a somewhat terrible day turned out to be one of the most enjoyable days. All thanks to the people on the drive. Going beyond their capacity and pushing themselves and supporting each other to make it another wonderful day out.

Many Thanks @Rahimdad for the nice drive,  It was really a great exposure to explore the next level of off-road driving.

I really enjoyed it, looking to meet you and the rest of the team in future drives

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use