•  
Advertise here

Durango 2015 - 100k Driven

syed1987

Hi Guys, 

I recently bought 2015 durango limited v6 with a 108k miles on it from futtaim automall. I have full service history available.

- Should i reach to Mopar for service? or stick with futtaim for regular service?

- I have futtaim warranty for 1 year, should i trust that or should i get extended warranty from mopar? Though i have its inspection report from futtaim and no major repairs were done but it seems to be in a good state for now. I fear that futtaim might compromise with cheaper parts in case i need to claim warranty. Thats why i wanted suggestions.

- For how long should i keep it? until 150k? or until i am not troubled?

- It came with basic infotainment system that doesnt have uconnect apps on it? there is no navigation available in infotainment should i get it updated from dodge official dealership in UAE?

- Approximately how much will minor and major service will cost from futtaim? and from mopar?

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @syed1987 

If you have 1year warrantly this might be only valid if you stick with Futtaim services during that year. Maybe ask them once.

You can keep the car as long as you like, 150k is not much in this part of the world. The Durango is maybe not the most reliable car, but if you look after it, it should easily go beyond 250k.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@syed1987 congratulations on your new purchase. Nobody can truly know if a car is going to be good for 150k or more. General consensus is not to go for American cars due to their high cost of maintenance and low resale values. However I've seen some people spend something initially on their second hand purchases but going untroubled throughout, where others have suffered with a similar vehicle. Everybodies experience forms their opinions. Should you sell it at 150k kms or sell it at the first sign of trouble, or drive it to its grave are all questions that vary on each situation.

As far as Al Futtaim warranty goes they are the dealers for Dodge in the UAE and would not replace the parts with cheaper ones. However I have noticed that some companies offer warranty on used cars for only major components such as engine and gearbox and everything else you need to pay for. I was not aware that Molar is giving out warranties in UAE for used vehicles. Can you please share the details of the warranty you've received from Al Futtaim and the warranty being offered to you by Mopar, so that we can make a learned decision.

Regarding the infotainment system, please check with Al Futtaim/ Trading Enterprise if it's possible to add the maps and how much it would cost. You can also compare the cost with some outside car audio shops to see if you can get a better deal. However with the modern smart phones coming with GPS navigation I wouldn't bother about having one on my infotainment system.

• Like (+1) 2

thanks for the feedback brothers @Frederic

@Rahimdad 

i dont have any issues for now lets see how long it lasts. Its been just one month. :) and i am assuming as promised by futtaim all its issues with previous owner were rectified by them. Fuel economy seems good, steering though is a bit hard which was expected cuz of mileage. From the inspection report that i got from futtaim after the car was handed over to them back in sept by previous owner, there were no mechanical engine or transmission related issues as it was regularly serviced however some minor body work in interior and exterior was done no major paint job

However there was a concern on the lower door side there is a small steel patch that makes me suspicious sometimes that there was a minor paint job and instead of painting the whole door i think they painted a patch and pasted that on the side but thats just my assumption. Inspection report says that they replaced 2 front tyres, could that be the reason of heavy steering wheel?

mopar has not given me any warranty i was just planning to reach out to them and request one but i guess they dont provide for used vehicles their only extended warranty is for a new or pre owned till 60-100k. I will just take a quote for navi but you are right its a waste of money to get one when you have maps in your mobile.  

I have trust issues with futtaim due to their poor pre and post sales. May be because this is my first used american car purchase. I chose them because of their good reputation and warranty and i wanted to make sure i dont run into some big issues if i buy direct from owner. Still i am not sure if that decision was good or not, cuz i got this one at a fairly high price than from outside which was expected, and i had been searching for a good durango since almost 6 months and i had no car. There were no suitable options but i missed some very good ones due to overthinking.  But as of now i guess i dont have any other option but to trust them with what they provided and told me because of their reputation. Initially i am planning to keep it for an year and then decide what to do with it. 

once again i really appreciate your replies.

• Like (+1) 1

@syed1987 there are a lot of buts and trust issues with Al Futtaim. Why would you go with them if you have trust issues? Why would you go through with the deal if you had issues with their service standard? Why did you go with them when you know you could have got it cheaper without a warranty?

If the price from a single owner was cheaper and had all the paper work you should have purchased from that individual. They run a business and would purchase those vehicles at lower cost from the individual and sell it to you at a profit. Their reputation in used vehicle comes from their warranty and people who boost their business by buying through them for convenience and a false sense of security. Used cars warranty is not similar to a new car warranty. The money you would have saved could have helped you with repair costs if any.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Yeah i made a  bad decision to go with them, i never had any good offer direct from owners but those were from dealers and i lost them because they were sold on cash instantly. I went with futtaim cuz they had good repute i only got to know about the reality once i bought that was my first experience with dealer and bro it sucks specially when you get to know about the lies they say to sell.

What do you suggest i do? its been just one month since i got it. If i plan to sell it, i'll suffer too much loss if i take it back to futtaim they wont buy at the same price for sure cuz i have been driving it for a month now. Should i try to sell it outside? try to recover some of the lost ammount and then wait for a direct from owner offer? or should i keep and drive for an year or so and then go for a 2017 or 2018 direct from owner model?

Thanks for your suggestions bro really appreciate that. This is my first used car i dont have any experience in purchasing too 

• Like (+1) 1