•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 01 Dec 2020

Chaitanya D

Thank you @Shaaz Sha yes i 2nd that it was one of a kind of drive today.. no luck for @Rizwanm2 today.. 😁👍

Thank you all for the energy and wonderful drive. Last but not least @Chaitanya D thank you very much for the drive today. Loved every bit of it. Now i will be less envious for "Liwa bies" after the adventurous drive today..

See you all soon. 😊👍🤘

Cheers 😊🍫.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Fantastic morning drive with fantastic people. Enjoyed every bit of it. As CF I was expecting to get my muscles and ropes stretched, but everyone was so good and I never got a chance to pull out recovery gears for any action. Thank you @Chaitanya D for executing nice drive plan to give everyone a taste of every thing. @Jon Mwas perfectly executing his second lead skills through out the drive is big releaf to the drive lead. Every now and then @Shaaz Shavoice to confirm everything good at the back is also  another releaf.

Thank you everyone and hope to see you all soon. 

Cheers.. 👍

Below is the summary of today's drive. 

Screenshot_20201201_102450_com.trailbehind.android.gaiagps.pro.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My first ever drive as a Fewbie and I must say that the quality of the drive was even with my expectations. The drive was fast-paced, with several technical dunes, allowing us to use our experience from the Newbie drives to swerve through them. Following the lead of @Chaitanya D, we did some Ridge Riding & Criss-crossing which enhanced the thrill.
@Chaitanya D did an awesome job of navigating through the technical dunes, and kept the drive on track, making sure we get to make the most out of the 4 Hours.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

13 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report:

Thank you everyone for coming in time for this Tuesday morning drive, unusual and generally this is a working day for all. Weather was fantastic and as soon as we were beyond the Outlet mall it was cold and perfect setting for what was about to unfurl. We all deflated, prepped and had a debrief. Thank you @Anish S for joining in as support for this drive and highlighting some important points at the briefing , which I hope all the drivers will follow for their own and everyone's safety.

CF048FCC-1930-4FEE-B9D6-75492DD3BDD5.jpeg

We drove along the pylon track off Al Ain road and entered the area just off the High pressure gas line which is located in this area in the backdrop of a rising sun with Hot air balloons . After many repeated drives and inputs from the seniors these areas have been marked and we now know very well how to avoid them totally. We drove along the small to medium range dunes this area has to offer, side sloping by takin turns initially and once everyone was comfortable we did them in continuation.

20201201_063514.jpg

As we headed after playing here for quite some time ( about 1 hr) that we had to stop as @Arun Mathew had a transmission heating light in his wrangler. We had a chat and ,he wanted to exit as the terrain ahead was going to be a bit more technical and exit from there would be tricky. As a lead and as a driver I feel for anyone who has done so much repairs/ changes and still the issue persists. We drove along the cleanest path along flat sabkhas not to put more strain on the heating and exited him out quickly on the same track we entered. I hope he gets it checked and the issue is sorted soon.

We drove back to the point where we had left to exit in quick time and then entered a slightly technical terrain , which to my surprise everyone of you drove really well. As there were some newly promoted fewbies I was expecting some refusals or stuck happening here but there was none. Just to pat myself I would say my lead was impeccable 🤣😜. We saw as we drove along some gazelles, camels and farms to feed them. Just seeing these free in their habitat is so pleasing.

IMG_20201201_123312.jpg

IMG_20201201_092154~2.jpg

We then headed along the narrow area between tight technical dunes and entered our final play area which are fondly called "Margham loops". Small to medium dunes which can be ridden by the entire convoy in loops without much strain/difficulty, but definitely interesting as it will be a fast paced one. We has a chat on safe ridge ride,crossing and side sloping followed by some practice on dunes which was done really well by everyone. I must try to emphasize here again "Do Not Fight Gravity".

IMG_20201201_124235.jpg

We headed to out exit which was very near , and on time . Inflated and off we went energized for a well deserved fab start to a long holiday. Great driving by everyone and it will get more exciting as you do the basics correctly .Some pictures added in the gallery as well

@Jon M was perfect in his role as 2nd lead. Stopping and rerouting whenever he saw me struggling even before I announced on radio. Super ✌️

@Anvar Sadath Bekal was new fewbie if I am not wrong but he drove like he wasn't. Good control in all areas and on some longer side sloping too. Well driven buddy

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ drove well for a new fewbie again , driving his SWB wrangler  on all terrains. No fishtailing and no signs of any struggle anywhere except few instances which is how we all learn to become better desert drivers. Good job

@bassel el rafei another new fewbie ,driving a Land Cruiser to near perfection at whatever he was challenged with , Great to see your enthusiasm and enjoyment. Charming smile towards the end was a testament to how well you drove and enjoyed the drive

@Rizwanm2 did his role as center forward to perfection advising drivers to get out of refusals. Unfortunately (only for him) as all drove with no issues he was hardly kept busy . Thanks for your amazing support and look forward to many more. I must acknowledge he was the person to correct me as my tracker was paused somehow and he recorded the details perfectly.

@Arun Mathew I feel really sad I had to exit you out early from what was turning to be a great drive. I hope you sort your jeep issue soon and we are waiting to have you with us ASAP.

@Ahab Shamaa with a roaring FJ drove well . Absolutely no issues and no stuck , even when I bumped up the drive towards the end and paced it up considering he was at the back. Well done Habibi!

@Rizwan Waheed was one with more fewbie drives and hence was at the back of the convoy. Drove well ,great control and no issues again. Bravo buddy

@Franco Swart with his SWB Pajero surfed Margham full of enthusiasm and energy. His smiling nature and attitude was very welcoming to have on this drive. Well done mate

@Shaaz Sha did his job of sweep to perfection. Communication really well to keep the whole flock together . Thank you for calling the convoy numbering and doin the radio check at the start. Well done

@Anish S was entrusted as flying sweep, a late addition to the drive as manage/support. Always great to have you on any drive which is a blessing. Thank you for tugging me when I was crested. 

IMG_20201201_094456~2.jpg

Thanks yet again to your copilot @Veedooshee for some fantastic snaps ( some times I wonder if she is a professional photographer?)

Some stats to share ( Thanks to Rizwan)

Total time 3hr 54 min

Ave Speed 19.1Kmph

Total distance 69.2 Km

Have a wonderful Holiday friends and thanks for joining in today. Cheers

@Chaitanya thanks for the 1 hour drive , the weather was awesome, the convoy was great but couldn't be there till the end of the drive.I have fixed an appointment with Trading enterprise as the garages around are not able to solve the problem & waste of money spend. I will have to wait till this Saturday for the appointment due to holidays. I hope that its sorted and could join the group on the next week drive.If there are any suggestion from the group to go to a particular garage let me know as Trading enterprise would be dam expensive.... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Arun Mathew taking garage names on Carnity is not allowed .

You can get it checked with @Barry who is a member with Carnity and see what he suggests.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use