•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 11 Dec 2020

Srikumar

23 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Saneesh Thomas @Alphin Aloor @Barisyuregir @Harold Roberts @Sanjay Malik @N@ved @Juan Carlos Elizalde Reyes @muzrma @Vladimir Cirilo welcome to the Carnity offroad Club.

You have probably come across lots of information on this drive topic, the website, and might have a lot of questions on how to prepare yourself for your first offroad drive with us. Rest assured we have covered all the essential information already in many topics, tutorials, and we will be guiding you through every step along they way to becoming a confident safe offroader. 

For those who have not yet provided the information, the first thing I would like to ask of you is to briefly introduce yourself:

1) Which 4x4 are you driving/bringing to the drive ?

2) Do you have any prior offroading experience? If so please specify.

3) Does your vehicle have front and rear towpoints and are they in good condition ?

Furthermore, we have made an amazing Absolute Newbie briefing video which really helps in getting you to understand the first basic essentials, so please watch it with full attention:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first offroad drive with us you will only need a few offroad gears:
- A pressure gauge and deflator so you can deflate your tyres (available in Speedex, Ace, Dragon Mart).
- A compressor to inflate your tyres (the compressor at the Last Exit ADNOC has been defective for the last few weeks)
- A fully serviced vehicle with front and rear towpoints, and a spare wheel that is usable in case needed.
- If you have a UHF Radio you can bring it along, and program it to the Carnity Frequencies as per the below post. In case, you dont, then for the Absolute Newbie Drive we shall provide you with a spare one, but you would definitely need to get before your next drive.  
In case you have more offroad gears you are of course welcome to bring it along.

hello i guess this is where i need to post. I have a FJ extreme and i have experience but mainly in Africa here i have done a couple of rides

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hello Srikumar and Carnitiy family.

I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler (grey). Has both front and back tow hooks, good condition. Have a deflator and compressor. have watched the Video briefing and understand the basics. 

Limited off-road experience (driven on Gulf news, Khaleej Times, etc organized drives).

Do not have a radio, off-road flag and shovel (have a foldable one), intend to purchase theses after the drive.

Looking forward for this drive and many more to come hopefully.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Harold Roberts said:

hello i guess this is where i need to post. I have a FJ extreme and i have experience but mainly in Africa here i have done a couple of rides

Best of luck for your first drive with @Carnity offroad club . Drive safe and enjoy the thrill 

608B1C44-BEAF-43C4-8935-BDBEA8F7B80B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Joining as a complete beginner.

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year. - Land Rover LR3 2007
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? - No Prior Experience
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets - Yes
  • Like (+1) 2

Hi 

I'll be bringing a 2012 Xterra - bought it last month just for some overlanding. Loving it so far!

Experience: Did two sprints in Khawaneej desert, with more experienced friends. Xterra participated in a recovery pull-out.

Did a few mountain trails over the national day holidays (Jebal Yibir, Taween)

Tow points are in decent condition, plan to get recovery points installed quite soon.

PXL_20201201_105440135-min.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello, my name is Vladimir. 

Which 4x4 are you driving/bringing to the drive ?    

Xterra 2011

2) Do you have any prior offroading experience? If so please specify.

I have being driving on the desert since 2016 just for fun. Now my aim its to be able to drive and discover with more confidence. 

3) Does your vehicle have front and rear towpoints and are they in good condition ?

Yes and they are in good condition. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi All, No prior experience.

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year. - Jeep Cherokee 2009
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? - No Prior Experience
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets - Yes

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use