•  

Places to go on your own? (or at least when you miss a spot in the club)

Arman

Hello,

Since I'm still 2 drives away from making into to Fewbie level i don't have any Carnity drives to join this weekend, presumably because some people are taking some time off and others just went to Liwa, this is fine except i'd love to go out anyway.

Anyone know any newbie friendly activities where i can take like 3 cars out and do some stuff? looking to do some camping over night if possible and as safely as possible.
Doesn't have to be dune bashing or a desert drive necessarily, just looking to venture into the great outdoors.

• Like (+1) 5

Overnight camping in Sharjah is still not permitted if I remember correctly. In Dubai Al Qudra is your best option but it’s extremely busy nowadays.  Have a look at our entry points of the Absolute Newbie drives. These are nice places to enter and you can venture deeper inside but make sure you are with 3 capable 4x4 cars at least and one has experience in handling recoveries in a safe way.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Overnight camping is allowed only in Dubai and Abu Dhabi as of now. Make sure you dont go too much inside the tarmac/ the tracks unless u have atleast 3 cars to venture in capable of handling refusals or stucks 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Chaitanya D @Frederic

Thanks guys, i think i'll do like you said and start at the absolute newbie points in Al Qudra, got more photographers with me again so they want to get shots of the sky :D

Any recommendations on navigating ourselves through the area? although we wont try to go too deep i reckon, just enough to escape the noise of trucks and lights of the city.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Arman said:

@Chaitanya D @Frederic

Thanks guys, i think i'll do like you said and start at the absolute newbie points in Al Qudra, got more photographers with me again so they want to get shots of the sky :D

Any recommendations on navigating ourselves through the area? although we wont try to go too deep i reckon, just enough to escape the noise of trucks and lights of the city.

Install an App like Gaiagps or Mytrails that lets you record your track so you can always find your way back to the starting point. Wikiloc is also good and has tracks on it that are uploaded by others.

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Khatam area is also frequented during holidays for picnics/bbqs as it has the path next to the high voltage transmission poles for those who cannot venture into the dunes too far from an exit and is next to fossil rock. 

Khatam Desert Exit 1
E102 - Sharjah
https://goo.gl/maps/DYFFBt6tY38bEnM66

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use