•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 11 Dec 2020

Frederic

56 minutes ago, Atif said:

@Frederic did you decide on the radio frequency /channel as yet?

Yes we shall be using Channel 1: 446,00625 Mhz

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

DRIVE  REPORT

With the weather cooling down in the morning, it's nice looking forward to being in the desert with a group of Carnitees to enjoy the scenery and explore the deserts together. I was in good companionship, and it was a pleasure meeting @Atif again after this long time. As was expected he still is the wonderful gentleman and even outside Carnity people were able to receive his help. More on that later.

We took off from the farm, and with @Melenany in my second lead, @Anish S in center forward, and @Mukundan Nair and @Atif sweeping the convoy i was blessed with such a strong support and i genuinly want to thank them for joining Newbie drives with the intention to help teaching others, as this is where the real satisfaction is in this passion.

We reached the base of Pink Rock quite fast, with only few hiccups on the way and @Chris Meir his Wrangler who suddenly refused to take it one step further. Made me think of my dogs at home :) Luckily i remembered having this issue once before where the 4x4 lever is loose because the linking rod jumped out of place on the transfercase. In a couple of minutes we were able to pop it back in place and could resume our fun. 

Climbing Pink Rock is for many newbies one of the first times they get to fully awaken their vehicles, and i was happy to see all made it up without much effort, from @Nathan Evans his little offroader to @Gavin Hill his big bus. Amazing to see the different vehicles we have and the encouragement giving to others when they make it to the top.

With few vehicles left at the base of Pink Rock, we saw someone with a dune buggy doing some donuts and had a rollover, luckily on flat ground and unharmed. @Atif @Mukundan Nair and @AnishS to the rescue and went a gentle tug the dune buggy was back on its wheels. 

Since we still had some driving time we decided to climb the backside of Pink Rock and go around it through the big bowls. We excited after just 3 hours of driving time and i am really proud of what i have seen you guys doing today. 

@Melenany you were the perfect second lead and help throughout the drive to assist in rerouting, helping over the radio, and i hope the front bumper can be fixed without too much hassle. 

@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader and @Danish Mohammad who are finding their way in the reliable Pajeros you both did great !

@frederic demolder @Federico De Chirico @Federico Galbieri all three had next to their names one thing in common: cars that FLEW up Pink Rock, and a wonderful attitude. Well done guys !!

Buddies @Chris Meir and @Gavin Hill both driving great and enjoying the scenery, was good meeting up with guys again !

@Nathan Evans the silent but immaculate driver throughout the drive, never a foot wrong and using the momentum and fresh tracks to your advantage at any time when the Suzuki was close to coming to a halt. Splendid work !!

@Kaile Barrameda and her friends bringing tons of positive energy to the drive as always, a joy to drive with you !

@Hisham Masaad you have that black beauty completely under control, amazing work at the back of the convoy where due to the churned tracks it can be a bit more difficult. Well done !

I often get asked why i am enjoying Newbie drives so much, and a drive like today is the perfect reason. We have fun together, get to know each other, explore amazing terrains, and burn some calories. And that all on a Friday morning :)

As i mentioned in the briefing, for those of you who have done 5 drives so far and would like to step up their game to the next level safely, can apply by clicking the "Apply for Promotion" link in below post:

See you guys soon in the sand !

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Frederic @Melenany @AnishS for your support and guidance throughout the drive... througly enjoyed every minute of the drive with you guys today. Everyone drove like champs and it was fun watching all the vehicles roaring at the pink rock climb especially @Gavin Hill it was amazing to witness the torque your monstrous truck generated today while climbing up the pink rock. All in all a very different experience than the previous drive at Al Qudra and a lot of learning as well.

Excellent support provided at the end of the convoy by @Mukundan Nair @Atif bhai, ensuring we all stick together and maintain a steady pace.

Eagerly waiting to see you all in the next drive 🚗.

Br,

Abdul Rahman

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Frederic for this very detailed report as usual 👍 and your compliments.😉 And above all thank you for your good mood ! what a pleasure to be in your convoy ! 👍🙏

See you next time !

Frédéric

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you everyone in our convoy for your support and help for making this fun trip as a best memorable journey for my kids.

Really our convoy was lead by a great crew members (Frederic, Anish, Mukundan, Atif) wish too see you again in next drive.

(GOD bless, Stay Safe)

Regards...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thank you once again @Frederic! For your admirable words and spirit in the field 👊🏼 Everyone today showed their passion to progress and most importantly have fun safely with off roading. You can never ask not to be surrounded by this kind of group as it really does make these drives all the more exciting and excel everyone’s learning curve. Sadly the Jimny will be sat in the garage itching to get back out to the desert 🐪 as I travel for a few weeks over Christmas, which however, the Jimny can celebrate early with those climbs today😅

Big up to everyone for the good vibes and technical support today!
B31F1BE3-8F4A-41ED-808E-AC048EA2235C.thumb.jpeg.8a590c314acb416a7d0d2a1f303ce76a.jpeg2739FFA7-E387-45D3-9CBE-B788FBB8E0B8.jpeg.570c21a0413c187f39c93249d244af4c.jpeg3EA2DCBC-8CD7-4E3A-9D7B-AD5822603FE5.jpeg.daeb5e575ac0f67825ac14b238fe16df.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Another well spent Friday morning with Carnity! My third drive of this year was as exciting as the first two. I am fortunate enough to reconnect with my friends again and so far have had the pleasure to drive with @Frederic, @Rahimdad and @Srikumar. Looking forward to meeting the remaining legends of CARNITY this winter season. 
I have kept myself to newbie drives as there is a lot to learn at this level from the various challenges faced by the newbie drivers and how they handle their cars. Helping others is a big motivation for me as I am sure it is for most in the Carnity team and newbie drive provides a good opportunity to do that. Also it is important to ensure that one starts at this level if coming out of a long hibernation to off-road driving. 

The Carnity spirit continues to shine in all its members and hope it continues in the future too.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you again for yesterday perfectly executed .... we had cars in trees...... cars with sand up to the door handles..... cars with basic refusals that there drivers were able to recover themselves down to you guys educating us the easy way.... also a huge round of applause to @Frederic for getting Chris back going after his Jeep just decided to not want to go much further! 

The beast did some climbs yesterday i didn't think possible video link attached being at the back of the pack I was concerned about all the churned up soft sand in front of me but it just kept battering through....! 

A few cars also surprised me yesterday @Nathan Evans with Jimny bouncing all over the place with it not even recognising its on the dunes it just needs that extra little bit of power! The Discovery Sport, normally we see the Land Rover brand not so capable and lighting up with many faults but that car yesterday showed that they are still capable making real light work of what it came up against, the 4.7 Cherokee proving old is Gold that thing was awesome light and seriously powerful!

Well done to all it was a smooth day with many lessons learnt! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use