•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert drive - Al Qudra South - Dubai - 11 Dec 2020

Vanessa8580

Great Drive super lead @Vanessa8580 great mid field  @Tamas Hoffmann clean sweeps @Janarthan great radio comms @Veedoosheeand @anesh you played your part too .Drive was pacy , good long dunes and one nice recovery ( tug ) from a crested ridge position  was witnessed at close quarters .Look forward to more drives with the team. Meanwhile enjoy the Metor shower views if you at Al qudra tomm estimated from 10 pm tomm .

20201211_151712.jpg

20201211_151708.jpg

20201211_151704.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Al Qudra had nothing on me this time. Last 3 times I was here, it ripped my bumper every time, not this time na na - this time I was ripping the Qudra. The drive was so quick paced - I didn't even have time to take photos, and without any major refusals, seemed the drive ended a bit too early as I have never came out of it with Sun still in the sky. Thanks @Vanessa8580 , @Tamas Hoffmann and @Janarthan for making it a most enjoyable drive. 

Few Pics my Son took.

20201211-0002.jpg

20201211-0005.jpg

20201211-0014-Pano.jpg

34C8B77F-0777-4C1D-BCB5-E40F427075E5.jpeg

2B2D42CB-7960-404E-88AD-7F3B0D05AEAE.jpeg

97B39A3F-D058-4E95-80CC-F9AF0DD542C1.jpeg

Edited by Goutam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Another excellent lady lead

Hats off to that superbly fast paced and technical yet so enjoyable lead...thank you so much @Vanessa8580. The drive was so well thought of, so well executed and you kept such a nice pace. Just lovely and different types of sideys, totally loved it and thank you for the nice ridge ridings that we had as well, always enjoying practicing them.

Thank you to the team for being so well on time and ready and we started the drive nice and early and got plenty of time while the sun was still high in the sky. Driving through that lovely sunset and ending just before it gets too dark was just perfect.

@Tamas Hoffmann thank you for being a great centre forward, watching out and rerouting those who kind of missed tracks slightly.  And thank you to @Janarthan for being an invaluable support to the drive.

See ya all soon...😉

• Like (+1) 3

Drive report 

After supporting the AN drive in the morning, I decided to stay in the area because I selected the exact same meeting point for my drive in the afternoon. I had a quick sandwich, a drink and some rest at the last exit and I didn't even inflate my tyres again. 

When I reached the meeting point, I was happy to see I was not the first one. Everybody was very well on time and after a quick briefing, we started driving at 2.15 pm.

@Veedooshee was my second lead, girl power in the front. @Tamas Hoffmann was covering the center and @Janarthan was my trusty sweep with his lovely copilot Mira. 

We went through some technical dunes first before we reached the long range dunes. I kept a quite high pace and that meant we could cover about 60 km in a little over three and a half hours. Everyone did amazingly well and we had a minimum of refusals and stucks. I saw that everyone had a big smile on their face after the drives and enjoyed theirselves. I know I did !! 

I hope to see you all again very soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 5

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Looper said:

Does anyone have Gaia GPS stats for this drive? 

I am still looking for a gps track for this drive.

as part of my housekeeping tasks i keep cleaning up the files and tidying up info.

• WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Looper said:

as part of my housekeeping tasks i keep cleaning up the files and tidying up info.

Let me go back and call the Satellite company 📡 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 3:09 PM, Looper said:

Yay!!! found it while some more housekeeping.

I used to record two versions one on my phone and another on my son's phone. I had deleted his version but kept mine - but it turned out to be corrupted. Today while housekeeping and removing all the junk I found it in the archived section (Profile>Tracks>show archived) and behold my son's phone version was still there.

With this I have some form of GPS tracks for all my drives.

My absolute Newbie track is a mess because I was new at it, and I used to pause whenever there was a stoppage and I have patches of it (also I recorded it on AllTrails app, but I imported it to Gaia).

Important Information

Terms of use