•  

COVID 19 Complaint - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Last Exit - Dubai - 11 Dec 2020

Wrangeld

@Wrangeld Driving in your leadership is always fun. Morning briefing in a circle really give a chance to know each other. All thanks to your guidance that I am getting little more control on my Pajero. 

I believe my car really want to check my determination by giving me such hurdles😀😀. Sometimes even I feel ashamed that because of me the whole convoy had to stop and wait. @Wrangeld please do not feel guilty as the tyre were due for renewal. 

@Janarthan I really appreciate and thankfully to your help in my car tyre replacement. Your Guidance whenever someone got stuck were really amazing. Your Performance were really outstanding. 

@Jeepie your support was amazing, you always have an eye on us and supported by giving guidance on refusals, re routed us on some of the bad dunes. Thanks for the support in tyre replacement. 

@Rahimdad it was really nice to see you and thankfull for stopping by and helping to remove the Jack from underframe. 

@Ken Hüüdma thanks a lot buddy for coming out and helping me. 

I really feel lucky that I am learning my offloading with such an amazing guys. 

Once again I will like to thank everyone for showing patience with my unusual tyre pop out. You guys are amazing. See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Wrangeld It was a great and learning experience understanding the off roading must do techniques. Thank you very much for the kind advice and getting me out of the refusal.

@Janarthan Your assistance and reassuring instructions was always a confidence builder that I can do it myself. Thank you for the assistance.

Looking forward to hitting Murqaab again with you all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Wrangeld thanks for the feedback,

I can say that the drive was more into technical learning than usual  which I am there for.

For me I learned a lot while crossing challenging dunes and handling & watching refusals' recoveries under yours, @Janarthan &  @Jeepie guidance.

Your all guidance whenever someone got stuck were really amazing, I really enjoyed your company

see you soon in sands

Regards

• Like (+1) 4

On 12/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, Wrangeld said:

Murquab maruaders, 

Another great drive this weekend - even through it was yesterday it seems like it was weeks ago!

After the Fewbies had assembled in our midst (and then disappeared to their staging post) it was a great start to the day with an outside [socally distanced] briefing and departrure for our drive a few minutes after the Fewbies had disappeared. The dunes that follow are a great opportunity for Newbies to test the basic skills as they are neither too hgih or too simple to cross and have all the challenges of larger dunes with out the danger of failign and falling. 

And, to boot, there are plenty technical dunes we can enter where the challenge is completely different and while not having the adrenalin of fast paced crossing and rises, have the chance to develop essential dune driving skills for later stages in a 4x4 journey. 

The Sheikh Zayid Sandway is always fun - but the soft sand at the Solar Park/Qudra area was too soft for our troop so we had to redirect a little and because of the number of recoveries we did not make it all the way to last exit. 

Having said that, we also got to work on an unusual 'pop out', as the shredded tire from Rakesh necessitated a wheel change and there were soem interesting opportunities to dig people out or help them out of trouble. 

Specific feedback: 

@Luca Bregni: excellent job as 2nd lead. Impeccable control and care. You really know how to make your jeep sing how it should. 

@pramod: You need to use the power better in the car. I know it was your first drive as a newbie and so a struggle ebcause it's all still new, but you need to use the power better (i.e. don't be scared of it) and you'll fly through all the sort of places where you got stuck. 

@Arun Mathew: I am delighted fo you that the car worked out and passed this shaledown - get back to Fewbie drives. they are just waiting for you. 

@Nihal17: A good drive for you, but a few times you need to be in better control of the power delivery, espceially when climbing hills and getting enough momentum. 

@Aus Alzubaidi: I am glad you made if from the reserve list to get on the drive as you did a great job and followed up your previous drives with a good controlled drive showing that youa re learning every time you get behind the wheel into the sand. 

@Sai Baskaran: I think that the fact that I really did not notice you on the drive (that's a good thing) says just about all I need to know in your development. You really are in control of the Pajero and using the power well. Your control improves each time I see you on a drive so keep it up. 

@Explored Dubai: I feel a bit guilty Rakesh that it seems your car always comes out a bit worse for wear on these drives. The 2014 tire, was probably due for renewal as it really should not shred the way it did on the drive. In some ways, better to blow out in the sand than on the highway. Apart from that, great to see you are not getting stopped in the palces where you were before and much more controlled drive than the last time we were in this area. 

@Niki Patel: I really think that you under estimate your and your car's capabilities. Yes, there were a few times that you failed and tried again, but that's how you learn and how you understand that things you thought impossible or scary are all acheivable. I am looking forward to the next time we get to drive together because then I can give special focus to the one ot two things in a drive that will transform your experience just that little bit more. 

@ALI ALMOUMAR: I really like the way that you are driving the prado - you use the power when you need to, you are not scared to push you are managing the challenges really well and I can see you are enjoying the drives more and more each time, as we are enjoying your company more and more each time. 

@patrick noack: Brilliant - I simply love that Defender and the family adventurers inside made the day super fun for us all. You seem to use the torque at your disposal to float on the sand in ways that the raw power of the petrol engines cannot match. I especially like how you redirect to find the route that makes sense for the vehicle instead of trying to match the way that some of the other  cares perform. Really admirable. 

@Ken Hüüdma: Firstly, I hope that you got the compressor sorted. What I have seen in the drives Ken is that the practice youa re doing with us and in friend drives is really paying off. You are great in the technical dunes because that is a challenge you set yourself and decided you would conquer. For the rest, I have to admit, I love seeing the Y62 out in the convoy because it shows just what that vehicel was actually designed for. Next time out - I propose you are a 2nd lead. So you can show just how controlled you can be rather than ploughing and playing and leaving a large wake in your path. 

@Janarthan and @Jeepie thanks for both keepoing everything moving, sorting out the problems, supporting in your brilliant and effective way and making sure that everyone, as ever, got out safely and having had great fun.

@Rahimdad and @Foxtrot Oscar thanks from coming by to check everythign was alright in our drive especially after you guys had had your own challenges earlier in the day. It's always great to see other Carnity convoys in the area and for the different levels to see what awaits them. 

See you soon in the sand.  

@Arman - your apologies noted. It's a great shame when this happens because, yes, it denies another club member the chance to join. On drives like this where extending the convoy is not possible (because of the risk of more stucks in soft sand) and then in the morning having to wait and wonder if people will arrive, absences really do impact other people. 

Thank you very much @Wrangeld, I really appreciate your feedback. As I told you by voice I was also surprised to be the number 2 and tried to give my best on the dunes. I learned from all the mistakes and bad moments I had during my previous drives and of course by the marshal's tips.  It has been an honor the be the second lead, hope it will happen again.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use