•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi - 11 Dec 2020

Asif Hussain

@eidooo @mikaeel shaik @Anoop joseph @Simon Temple @Omar Al-khoori @muzrma @Kamal Fayad @ashique rahiman @Ruan van den Heever @Shehab Alawadhi thank you all for joining the drive. 

Convoy Position

Position   Attendees Car
1 Asif Hussain Xterra 
2 eidooo FJ cruiser
3 mikaeel shaik MG RX8
4 Anoop joseph Pajero 3.8
5 Simon Temple Pajero 3.8 
6 Omar Al-khoori Jeep Wrangler 2 Door 
7 muzrma Ford Expidition
8 Kamal Fayad Infinity QX56
9 ashique rahiman Xterra
10 Ruan van den Heever Jeep Wrangler, 4 Door
11 Shehab Alawadhi Ford F150

We will be broadcasting on radio frequency 446.006-25 (Carnity Channel No.1) New members if you don't have radios we will provide spare radio to use. From the second drive onward you need to get your own radio.

Some important pointers:

1) Please watch the Newbie Video Briefing in case you have not done it before.

2) Please go through the COVID regulations and abide by them during the drive.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15097-covid-19-precautions-must-read-before-drive

3) Make sure your front and back towpoints are in perfect condition. We will need them to recover you safely.

4) In case of emergency you can call me at 0506990411

5) Those who had not programmed the radio please find below post on how to program. 

https://carnity.com/advice/offroad/carnity-two-way-radio-frequencies-r119

Meeting Point: Al Khatim Abu Dhabi - https://maps.app.goo.gl/qYKw4KFuRGjQycxZA

• Like (+1) 3

Drive Report

Everyone who had RSVP'd to drive showed at meeting point except @Omar Al-khoori. I reached to the meeting point on time and saw almost everyone had reached before me and some cars were ready with deflated tyres and flags raised. After 20min of briefing we moved in to desert to explore Al Khatim area. We had two Absolute Newbies in our convoy @muzrma and @Simon Temple both of you drove super and followed the instruction precisely all the time. @mikaeel shaik you really impressed me with your MG RX8. @Ruan van den Heeverwas my second lead and he was perfectly re-routing the convoy to safety as per my radio instruction whenever required. @Shehab Alawadhi was in sweep with his mighty F150 and you handled your beast perfectly specially in those technical dunes and thanks for not leaving anyone behind. @Kamal Fayad with Infinity QX56 was climbing dunes like a piece of cake, your only obstacle is low hanging bumpers which you should think of if you are joining drives above newbie level. @Anoop joseph @ashique rahimanthanks for your support and willingness to learn. Once again i thank everyone for joining the drive and i wish to see you all again soon.

I had taken only 4 pictures which i had shared in gallery.

• Like (+1) 3

This is my second Abu Dhabi drive and it was even more exciting and challenging than the last. I loved being in sweep I learned more on how to traverse very badly disturbed sand and how to make my way around sticky situations furthermore I learned how to help others either climb a dune, come down from a dune safely or help someone get unstuck.  Overall it was a very well balanced ride of fun, learning and adrenalin. Thank you @Asif Hussain for the help and guidance. hope to see everyone soon. Sadly I couldn't take many pictures or videos most of my time was spent concentrating or helping., 🤣😅 

Snapchat-1528368431.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

6 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

Drive Report

Everyone who had RSVP'd to drive showed at meeting point except @Omar Al-khoori. I reached to the meeting point on time and saw almost everyone had reached before me and some cars were ready with deflated tyres and flags raised. After 20min of briefing we moved in to desert to explore Al Khatim area. We had two Absolute Newbies in our convoy @muzrma and @Simon Temple both of you drove super and followed the instruction precisely all the time. @mikaeel shaik you really impressed me with your MG RX8. @Ruan van den Heeverwas my second lead and he was perfectly re-routing the convoy to safety as per my radio instruction whenever required. @Shehab Alawadhi was in sweep with his mighty F150 and you handled your beast perfectly specially in those technical dunes and thanks for not leaving anyone behind. @Kamal Fayad with Infinity QX56 was climbing dunes like a piece of cake, your only obstacle is low hanging bumpers which you should think of if you are joining drives above newbie level. @Anoop joseph @ashique rahimanthanks for your support and willingness to learn. Once again i thank everyone for joining the drive and i wish to see you all again soon.

I had taken only 4 pictures which i had shared in gallery.

@Asif - Thank you very much for a great morning! Hope to see everyone again soon in 2021.

• Like (+1) 3

It was a really nice exciting trip, i enjoined it a lot, thank you @Asif Hussain for your guidance and support, it was my third drive in Abu Dhabi, i developed my skills in sand driving adding to my driving skills on snow, you are right, my low front bumper is critical obstacle to go further, today i ordered a customized high bumper which will be installed this coming Tuesday, i think i will be ready to join the higher level .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This was my second ride with carnity and I have leaned and enjoyed a lot. Many thanks to @Asif Hussain for the support and guidance and A massive thank you to each one of you!

I have uploaded some pictures and videos in We transfer, Please click the below link and check it out.

https://we.tl/t-usptfbu3Dv

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Asif Hussain thank you for the great trip. Looking forward to learning alot more. 

I have uploaded the video on my page. 

https://business.facebook.com/MGRX8Adventures/videos/673882953298461/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use