•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Fewbie Exploration Drive - "Liwa Yellow Truck" - Abu Dhabi - 18 Dec 2020

Asif Hussain

We plan to explore Bu Hasa area near Madinat Zayed City this time and head toward Liwa Oasis direction while passing through "Tropic of Cancer" and visiting the famous "Liwa Yellow Truck" a abandoned water tanker buried in desert since so many years.

Those who wish to join this drive from Dubai it's a 3+ hours to the meeting point, so ideally well rested body will enjoy this whole day drive without much fatigue, so reaching a night before and camping or sleeping in the car at meeting point would be ideal, but completely optional for everyone.

image.png

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  18th Dec 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ArxEteTdCnnTCoPB9

Type of Vehicle:

• Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • Every 4x4 should have LO gearing
  • Spare tyre should be in perfect usable condition.
  • AWD Vehicles will not be allowed.

What to bring along: 

• 10L of water per person. 
  • Snacks for breakfast and lunch.
  • Fully charged radio with spare battery , shovel, offroad flag, pressure gauge and deflator.  
  • Your own compressor for tyre inflation.
  • Jerrycan with 20L of extra Petrol (VERY IMPORTANT).
  • Gas tank should be full upon arrival.
  • Nearest petrol station is in Zayed City: https://goo.gl/maps/ftaRfCF9CqyMReiZ7

Approximate finish time: 4PM with sufficient breaks in between,

End Point: Close to Madinat Zayed City

GROUP CAMPING, BBQ IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER THE DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on THURSDAY 17th of December 09AM
    • 1 Lead Marshals + 1 or 2 Senior Members + 10 Members
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Like (+1) 6

14 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

@Andrei this drive is for Fewbie and above level only. I noticed that your offroad rank is Newbie. I am removing your name from RSVP and i am sorry for that.

Asif, I have done 10 trips and was planning to apply for Fewbie. This would probably get sorted by 18th. Please put me back on the list for the drive

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, Asif Hussain said:

We plan to explore Bu Hasa area near Madinat Zayed City this time and head toward Liwa Oasis direction while passing through "Tropic of Cancer" and visiting the famous "Liwa Yellow Truck" a abandoned water tanker buried in desert since so many years.

Those who wish to join this drive from Dubai it's a 3+ hours to the meeting point, so ideally well rested body will enjoy this whole day drive without much fatigue, so reaching a night before and camping or sleeping in the car at meeting point would be ideal, but completely optional for everyone.

image.png

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  18th Dec 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ArxEteTdCnnTCoPB9

Type of Vehicle:

• Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • Every 4x4 should have LO gearing
  • Spare tyre should be in perfect usable condition.
  • AWD Vehicles will not be allowed.

What to bring along: 

• 10L of water per person. 
  • Snacks for breakfast and lunch.
  • Fully charged radio with spare battery , shovel, offroad flag, pressure gauge and deflator.  
  • Your own compressor for tyre inflation.
  • Jerrycan with 20L of extra Petrol (VERY IMPORTANT).
  • Gas tank should be full upon arrival.
  • Nearest petrol station is in Zayed City: https://goo.gl/maps/ftaRfCF9CqyMReiZ7

Approximate finish time: 4PM with sufficient breaks in between,

End Point: Close to Madinat Zayed City

GROUP CAMPING, BBQ IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER THE DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on THURSDAY 17th of December 09AM
    • 1 Lead Marshals + 1 or 2 Senior Members + 10 Members
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

Best of luck for all the fewbies drive safe and enjoy the thrill 

3762EF73-8B21-4489-A2C8-B86C319B004B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Andrei said:

Asif, I have done 10 trips and was planning to apply for Fewbie. This would probably get sorted by 18th. Please put me back on the list for the drive

@Andrei currently drive is full and i had added your name in waitlist. If someone opt out from the drive, you will be the first one to be added only if i see your rank as fewbie at that time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Kailas @Tamas Hoffmann @Goutam @Alexander Alcala @Piotr Kolodziej @Mus_hus78 @Nivin @Tero Vallas @Mohamed Seidam @Jeandre Bezuidenhout thank you all for joining the drive and special thanks to @Vanessa8580 for joining as my support.

Drive Preparation:

1. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up.

2. 20 Liter fuel jerry can. 

3. A full fuel tank at the meeting point. 

4. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).

5. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,

6. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along. 

7. All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or  post your queries on this drive post or forum and our experts would assist you.

8. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

9. Plenty of water, approx 10 liter per person

10. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

11. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

12. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

Keep checking this list, as it might grow further in coming days. All the above points are mandatory and your participation on the drive would be refused on the drive day by the trip lead if you fail to comply with the above.

Note - COVID 19 Test Requirement:

Covid19 Test is mandatory to enter Abu Dhabi Emirates. DPI or PCR test has to be done 48hrs before entering to Abu Dhabi. Please find the guidelines posted in below link:

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/15458-covid19-test-for-entering-abu-dhabi-from-other-emirates

If anyone of you wants to cancel your participation due to any reason please inform on drive thread so that you can give chance to others who wish to join the drive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @Asif Hussain 

I learned late night of a family event coming on Friday evening 18th. I might not be able to be back to Dubai in time . Therefore I am leaving my confirmed spot in the RSVP to the next lucky one. Hope to catch up soon with you brother . 

cheers 🙏🏻🚙

mohaned 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use