•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Fewbie Exploration Drive - "Liwa Yellow Truck" - Abu Dhabi - 18 Dec 2020

Asif Hussain

Drive RSVP closed

Convoy Positions

Pos #     Participants            Car
1 Asif  Xterra
2 Kailas  Jeep Wrangler SWB
3 Tamas Hoffmann    Pajero LWB 
4 Anoop joseph  Pajero LWB 
6 Mus_hus78  Pajero LWB 
5 Jeandre Bezuidenhout  Jeep Wrangler SWB
7 Goutam  Jeep Wrangler SWB
8 Vanessa8580  Pajero LWB 

@Kailas @Tamas Hoffmann @Anoop joseph @Mus_hus78 @Jeandre Bezuidenhout @Goutam once you reach to the meeting point you can deflate your tyres and everyone please be on time, sharp at 8AM, little early is always better. We will be broadcasting on radio frequency 446.006-25 (Carnity Channel No.1)Please read the drive preparation topic in this thread above. Those who have not filled emergency contact details in your profile please update it. All the details provided there are confidential.

See you all tomorrow. Safe road trip.

• Like (+1) 2

Thankyou all enjoyed every bit of my first fewbie drive. Special thanks to Asif and Vanessa for all the tips, Learned a lot during the drive. Also I am here with sharing some shots taken during the drive. Looking forward for drone footage done by Tamas and thanks for bringing the drone, waiting to see it in different dimension.

Thankyou all

@Kailas @Tamas Hoffmann @Anoop joseph @Mus_hus78 @Jeandre Bezuidenhout @Goutam 

20201218_150245.jpg

• Like (+1) 6

Trip Report

What a beautiful day!!! This place is amazing with huge dunes, drops, flat areas and super soft sand in some areas. With few stucks and refusals we were able to complete our exploration drive on time by the grace of god. I had visited here last February with our carnity team as a passenger with Rahim bhai and this was my first drive as a lead. We had a amazing drive with a super convoy and everyone had performed extremely well. Thanks everyone for joining the drive and coming to the meeting point on time. @Vanessa8580 was the first one to reach our meeting point and she was waiting for me to arrive and open the gate for which i had the remote control :), we started our drive by 8.15am after our safety briefing and explaining drive plan. 

As per my planed route we passed through tropic of cancer in middle of desert and took a small break and few pictures there (off course it is a imaginary line) & from there we drove all the way to see a famous "YELLOW TRUCK" among offroaders the old abandoned Oshkosh water tanker which is deteriorating in middle of desert and burying in sand for many years. The only information available is that it is lying there since 20years and above. We reached there by 2pm with a lunch break in between at a date farm in the middle of the desert which is surrounded by huge dunes and it has no access to the road.

@Kailas was my second lead and you had done your duty with perfection, @Tamas Hoffmann you were amazing, you drove extremely well and whenever you got a chance i is to see your drone above us, we hope to see your drone footage soon. @Anoop joseph your first fewbie drive and you impressed us the way handled your pajero and i wanted to open your Awning at our lunch time but it was not required since we reached to the date farm on expected time. @Mus_hus78 you drove like a champ and i hope your height fear had gone after this drive. @Jeandre Bezuidenhout you were amazing, whenever i see blue coming it made me smile on my face that the hole convoy is moving. @Goutam your yellow jeep was glowing in front of yellow truck. @Vanessa8580 was my sweep and i thank you again for joining the drive and for your support at the back and not leaving anyone behind. I was accomplished by my daughter who will be a offroader too when she turns 18 :) 

I missed our carnity team with whom i had been there before @Gaurav @Srikumar @Emmanuel @Frederic and @Rahimdadsee you all soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Wow this brings me right back to our adventure in February, and the moment i saw the drive being posted I told Vanessa immediately it was a Must to see and explore this area under the guidance of such a wonderful Marshal. Another flawless execution of a well planned drive as we can always expect from you @Asif Hussain ! 
See you soon in the sands !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Asif Hussain bhai always the highest regards for you. It was a pleasure having you on the drive last year. I really love that area and I would love to join you soon when you're ready to revisit.

• Like (+1) 2

Let me begin with thanking @Asif Hussain taking us on this epic drive through Liwa to the Yellow Truck. This drive exceeded every expectation I had from this day long drive. The great dunes of Liwa will never going to stop amaze me ever. Looking forward to next drive with you.

I was the first to reach the meeting point and last to reach the drive both. I tented out since the previous night with @Kailas my first such night at the desert. It was quite an experience.

Thanks to @Vanessa8580 to helping me out in my self recovery efforts. The advice was well taken. 

I must also tell you that the people of Dafra region are wonderful people. They welcomed us, asked us where we are from and invited us to their camel farms to have food and drink and to spend the night there. No less than 3 cars checked on us and asked our well being in the evening. Even while coming back when I was pumping up my tyres- a father and son duo ask me how was the drive and were excited to invite me to come to their farm next time we are there and also to go for a drive in the desert with them.

I have added few pictures my son took in the gallery. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Hi everyone , I just got back on my two feet after that long driver almost 700kms + from al Ain to liwa + dunes ...... first of all I would like to thank everyone who helped us fewbies cross those monstrous dunes 🤪..... second the drive was amazing and a life time experience to go in the middle of no where and come out in one piece at the other end ..... coming to ASIF’s point my fear for steep dune drops have vanished in a day 😂 now I feel like paragliding !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use