•  

Jack advice for a lifted car

Aus Alzubaidi

Hey Team, 

I bought a 2nd hand Jeep wrangler JKU. The previous owner added a 2.5 inches liftkit and a huge 35inches tyres. I do realize now that this is not the optimal setup for climbing hills or getting the best performance and milage out of this car. I'm also struggling with deciding on the best jack for this car. A hydrolic jack seems not efficient. A hi-lift needs to be mounted, and it needs a stable surface and a good lifting angles. Is a hilift jack my only option? What about the x exhaust jack? 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Aus Alzubaidi said:

Hey Team, 

I bought a 2nd hand Jeep wrangler JKU. The previous owner added a 2.5 inches liftkit and a huge 35inches tyres. I do realize now that this is not the optimal setup for climbing hills or getting the best performance and milage out of this car. I'm also struggling with deciding on the best jack for this car. A hydrolic jack seems not efficient. A hi-lift needs to be mounted, and it needs a stable surface and a good lifting angles. Is a hilift jack my only option? What about the x exhaust jack? 

I am glad you realize 35inch tyres will rob you from a lot of power in desert driving, and in combination with the lift kit it might be a bit high for a hydraulic floor jack. But have you tried it already ? I have lifted quite some cars already with my floorjack and if the height becomes an issue i just add some extra wooden planks. Eventually its good enough for fixing a pop out. 

The Hi-Lift is an amazing tool if you know how to use it, but not so easy and can be extremely dangerous.

Exhaust Jacks will probably not work, the biggest model i have soon (from Australia) was fine but this was a 1000+ AED jack, and the risk of burning the bag when you put it too close to your engine or exhaust is there.

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

You can use any floor jack with extra wooden plank, as mentioned above OR buy additional few inches of rubber or metal adapter to suit your lift.

1Pc Car Lift Jack Stand Rubber Pads Black Rubber Slotted Floor Jack Pad  Frame Rail Adapter for BMW Audi Benz Skoda Ford Toyota| | - AliExpress

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Many thanks @Gaurav and @Frederic for the golden tips as usual. I will follow your advice and try to get a hydrolic floor jack with an extension. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use