•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park- Al Hathmah - Dubai - 18 Dec 2020

Frederic

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.24231323f202a057d01d8849dd9ad597.png

Please find the convoy list attached. 

@Nihal17 @Nikola Bozovic we were able to give you a spot on tomorrow's drive. Please confirm if you can make it.

As mentioned before please be on time and make sure you bring a charged radio, flag, and shovel. 

We will be using Carnity Radio Channel #2: 446.03125 Mhz

See you guys and gals tomorrow morning !

Confirmed from my side!

• Like (+1) 3

Drive Report

These chilly winter mornings are definitely something to look out for, and in the company of such an amazing group this makes it even better!

Like i mentioned in the briefing there are so many different types of drives. I could describe this drive as a hands-on drive where all of you could showcase and practice your skills and where some shoveling, wiggling, and pushing was involved.

We took off in the larger dunes this area had to offer and made our way further East with the intention to find some clean virgin dunes which we eventually found closer to the exit track. On the way there we had to cross some mild technical dunes that came with some crests, refusals, and stucks, but for a convoy this size nothing to serious. 

With an excellent second lead @frederic demolder, followed by a few Pajeronitees (is that a word ?), @Sai Baskaran @Nikola Bozovic and @Mike Kraher who are coming to grips with the fact that the Pajero truly is a capable off-roader in the right hands and at the right psi.  Well done guys ! 

Friends @Bala Krishnan and @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran who both drove well. Unfortunately towards the end the Range Rover decided to act up a bit, and disconnecting the battery a few times did the trick to get it starting again. As the engine was in limp mode most of the time i can imagine it wasn’t easy to try to unleash the full V8 potential. 

@Sanjay Malik who has been off-roading before felt really at home with the beautiful Land Cruiser, and @Paul Zeitoun took the Dodge Ram to new heights and lows with massive power and beautiful roars on the dunes. Well done !

We had a very capable Wrangler crew with @Aus Alzubaidi @Nihal17 @Luca Bregni but also some serious girlpower with @Sara EL FANIDI and @Kaile Barrameda 

Glad to see you back in the saddle Sara, you drove with full confidence today !

A big shoutout to @Mukundan Nair who decided to support this drive and was an amazing help to all of us. Thanks buddy !

See you guys and gals soon back in the sand !

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you Fred and Mukundan for the drive today, really enjoyed it and enjoyed the socializing during the stops, really a nice group today.

Got to still better understand my Ram, amazing on large surface no matter how high the dune, but gets very tricky in tiny spaces 🙃🙃

Video to follow

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Drive Report

These chilly winter mornings are definitely something to look out for, and in the company of such an amazing group this makes it even better!

Like i mentioned in the briefing there are so many different types of drives. I could describe this drive as a hands-on drive where all of you could showcase and practice your skills and where some shoveling, wiggling, and pushing was involved.

We took off in the larger dunes this area had to offer and made our way further East with the intention to find some clean virgin dunes which we eventually found closer to the exit track. On the way there we had to cross some mild technical dunes that came with some crests, refusals, and stucks, but for a convoy this size nothing too serious. 

With an excellent second lead @frederic demolder, followed by a few Pajeronitees (is that a word ?), @Sai Baskaran @Nikola Bozovic and @Mike Kraher who are coming to grips with the fact that the Pajero truly is a capable off-roader in the right hands and at the right psi.  Well done guys ! 

Friends @Bala Krishnan and @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran who both drove well. Unfortunately towards the end the Range Rover decided to act up a bit, and disconnecting the battery a few times did the trick to get it starting again. As the engine was in limp mode most of the time i can imagine it wasn’t easy to try to unleash the full V8 potential. 

@Sanjay Malik who has been off-roading before felt really at both with the beautiful Land Cruiser, and @Paul Zeitoun took the Dodge Ram to new heights and lows with massive power and beautiful roars on the dunes. Well done !

We had a very capable Wrangler crew with @Aus Alzubaidi @Nihal17 @Luca Bregni but also some serious girlpower with @Sara EL FANIDI and @Kaile Barrameda 

A big shoutout to @Mukundan Nair who decided to support this drive and was an amazing help to all of us. Thanks buddy !

thanks @Frederic: After last weeks drive i really started questioning my ability and my car. Today was fantastic :) thanks for your kind words and for making me feel better .. see you soon :) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike Kraher said:

thanks @Frederic: After last weeks drive i really started questioning my ability and my car. Today was fantastic :) thanks for your kind words and for making me feel better .. see you soon :) 

Never question the ability of your car. You will see other Carnity members on your drive very soon driving that exact same car and taking it anywhere. Enjoy every drive and focus on keeping the pressure at 13-14 psi throughout the drive. See you soon !

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Frederic for this encouragement. The team was fantastic this morning. Indeed it was a very full morning including driving and manual work! 😂I think we will be ready next year for the Dakar or the Camel Trophy.😉👍 Thank you to everyone who helped me get the Discovery out of a tricky section.🙏👍

See you next time !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dear all, here is a link of my video posted on my FB page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159467057219750&id=790369749

I am uploading the full RAW videos to a shared folder that i can share. Please message me of FB with your email if you want access.

@Mike Kraher nice views of you overcoming that bump in the middle of the climb @8:36 time stamp

@Bala Krishnansince i was directly behind you, there are decent views of your Prado

@Sanjay Malik thank you again for mounting my cam on your windshield

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 3:23 PM, Frederic said:

Drive Report

We took off in the larger dunes this area had to offer and made our way further East with the intention to find some clean virgin dunes which we eventually found closer to the exit track. On the way there we had to cross some mild technical dunes that came with some crests, refusals, and stucks, but for a convoy this size nothing to serious. 

@Sanjay Malik who has been off-roading before felt really at home with the beautiful Land Cruiser, and @Paul Zeitoun took the Dodge Ram to new heights and lows with massive power and beautiful roars on the dunes. Well done !

Thanks @Frederic for leading this drive, I could appreciate your experience and leadership. I've learned what is you technique to assembly the convoy number and how to fix a  tire which came out of the rim.

It has been a pleasure to be at the back of the convoy, I could enjoy the girl and wrangler power mixed together and the safe back guard of @Mukundan Nair 

Looking forward to see you again on the desert.

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @Frederic and @Mukundan Nairfor the enjoyable drive. It's a real pleasure to finally meet you Dr. @Frederic. I say Doc because we have a superman @Rahimdad, an Ibn Battuta traveler and story teller @Ale Vallecchi, a witty adventurer @Wrangeld, and a real legend @Gaurav. I'm still a newbie and haven't met all the marshals yet. But over the last few weeks, seeing you all kept me speachless. You are very scientific in your approach @Frederic. Your how to videos, detailed guides and informative briefings remind me of a qualified university professor. Thank you for all your contributions to the community.

I've uploaded more pics to the gallery (jeeps are naturally photogenic :)) . See you soon inshallah. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use