•  

2021 xterra?

Sandyman85

Don’t stare too much at the Hp and Torque values. This car is indeed meant to be a “soft roader”. 

Even a 2.7 Prado that hardly has more power can do wonders in the right hands, and that goes to show its not all about horsepower,  but also how the car delivers that power to the wheels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

10 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

@Sandyman85, @Emmanuel, @Gaurav@Sajit Modiyil, @Chaitanya D, It’s very surprising for Nissan to be only offering a 4 cylinder version, while the Defender and the Rubicon are about to release their V8 versions with 500+/450+ HP respectively ❤️
I guess, Nissan doesn’t want to position its X as a full time off-roader, and doesn’t see itself in the same competitive class as other popular off-road cars? What does does our marketing guru @Wrangeld think of this? Moreover, what do @Foxtrot Oscar, @Mohamed Seidam and the rest of the X Tribe think of the newer version of their rig?

@Ahab Shamaa - target market and segmentation will determine the consumers for the Nissan: I think that they are creating a soft roader which will appeal to a much wider market target segment than off roaders, who are attracted to the height and feel of a Jeep, but have zero need for the off road functionality. Nissan is a mass market manufacturer, more interested in selling more vehicles than worrying here about if the off raodign community is horrified that they create a car which is potentially underpowered for driving in the desert. 

We are potentially looking at this question through the frame of our limited experience [that the Xterra is an excellent off roader] and Nissan sees a much wider audience that will buy into the whole off road idea, without actually using it.  

Is the Xterra a strategic vehicle for Nissan, as a critical part of the range? And do Nissan expect to sell even one of the new ones to the off road community. Probably not - but they don't care. Look at what they did with the Pathfinder. It's gone from a capable off roader to a slightly bloated family cruiser. The result, less use off road, more sales globally. 

Jeep and Land Rover have an offroad heritage. To create a ridiculous off road version fits 100% with the brand values and history. They will catch their demographic by selling power (and even more power). 

So bottom line, you're probably right that Nissan are not that intent on positioning the car as a serious off roader. But then the number of serious off roaders is a lot less than the number of supermarket carpark vehicles. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Whoa! @Wrangeld 😀 that is a very lucid, well thought off and scientific explanation 🤣

With that, I don’t foresee any Xterras anytime soon in my future 😜

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use