•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - BOXING DAY Sand to Mountain - RAK - 26 Dec 2020

Ale Vallecchi

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Mahmoud Hamzawy. You are in tomorrow's drive. Please acknowledge. You'll be joining @Gaurav's convoy. Thanks. 

Thank you @Ale Vallecchiam confirming joining in the meeting point tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi,

is it possible to move @Bala Krishnan to Gaurav’s convoy as we are friends coming together. As we share the same inflator and stuff, it would be helpful if we both are allocated to same convoy. Thanks! 

Hi @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran. OK will do that. Thanks a lot and see you tomorrow. 

ATTENTION

It seems there may be road works around Sheikh Khalifa Hospital. Google maps is giving an itinerary to reach the meeting point with a turn off toward E611. PLEASE FOLLOW GOOGLE MAPS. For any need my number is 0522163122. It's also my WhatsApp contact. Thanks. Screenshot_20201226-052719_Maps.jpg.93d9a12b058537ba13eb64652f10122a.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Drive Report Convoy #2

First of all, thanks to @Ale Vallecchi & @Gaurav for giving us a chance to conquer a new terrain, a rather different one.

As informed by @Gaurav, hats off to @Ale Vallecchi and @Wrangeld for exploring and presenting us with such an amazing route. The route accommodated some of the most beautiful landscape sceneries that I have seen. 

It starts off easy and simple, but becomes more complicated as we make our way up some of the very tall dunes, but all the drivers handled it like pros. We barely spent any time on refusal recoveries and were able to spend more time driving (and waiting for camels to cross the tracks 😜).

@Gaurav, as expected, did an awesome job leading and presenting us with different challenges, for us to understand the sand and our cars better.

@Niki Patel nailed the role of a 2nd lead by keeping a safe distance from the Marshal and rerouting the convoy when required.

@Ahab Shamaa kept the tail of the convoy in order and assisted some refusal recoveries. The fact that everyone at the back made it to the end point, shows you did your job well 😂.

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA, seemed like you really missed your Dodge today 😂, hope you get it back asap.

@Ale Vallecchi @Gaurav Also thanks for the little surprise at the end for the Fewbies, it further enhanced the thrill. The sand was very soft throughout the route, yet we got no refusals or stucks. Well done everyone 👏🏼.

*Some pictures uploaded in the Gallery

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks Gaurav and Ale for organizing this awesome drive and stepping up to accommodate the long list of WL.

The weather, the setting, the team were all awesome and the cheerleaders (the camels and donkeys 🙂) made it simply special. Simply couldn't have asked for better location to mark the last drive for 2020. 

Thanks to Kashif, Ahab and Niki for guiding us through the drive. You guys made it comfortable for all of us in most technical of situations. 

Special thanks to Ale and Richard for exploring this route. I am not going to miss any chance to get back there again. 

Looking forward to see you all in 2021. Thanks again for the exhilarating nature safari today.

PS: I am struggling to tag ppl in comment. Page keeps on adding the same name multiple times. Perhaps my phone or maybe a bug to test on webpage. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Guys, what a beautiful scenario we drove through today... I'm glad I moved to RAK and I'm discovering more and more this Emirate, maybe we can get ordinary drives around here in the near future ... 

Thanks for @Ale Vallecchiand @Gaurav planning it and the "surprise" at the end was a golden key to close the drive... glad to see@Ahab Shamaa sweeping and than 2nd lead, great job, you always drive very well. Congrats to all , who did a great job... and sure the jokes about the American and Japanese cars, I was laughing a lot... I got used to my Dodge Ram, and it's a big difference driving the Fortuner, I might change my name to "proud American cars" or something like it, open for suggestions... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

See you guys in the sand !!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

If I was to describe this drive with one word, the word of choice would be "different"! I'd say this drive was different in any aspect form the usual Dubai area ones: colour of sand, driving style, environment, nature. Credit to @Ale Vallecchi and @Gaurav for making it possible with such an enthusiastic bunch of offroad hungry drivers to lead. After deflation, drive proceeded at a good pace, with no major delays and on a very nice and new environment for most of us. On track - off track route proved to be interesting, with some sudden soft sand pockets on ratehr firm sand / vegetation area. Some pics here and there, some bio breaks 😁 and an additional final challange of some ridge riding - not my favourite technique to be honest! Due to the small size of the dunes, though, and despite them being longitudinal so soft on both sides, the drive progressed smoothly with most of the convoy making it all the way through and descending with more and more confidence and control. I personally found the mid stop and the final briefing incredibly valuable to understand the environment (longitudinal dunes, pockets, morphology of the area) and to have some basic theoretical background on approaches, speed, different tecniquerisks and how to minimise them, thanks @Ale Vallecchi for that!

As usual some pictures here, see you next time.

Edited by paolo dassi
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for the amazing and scenic drive. I haven’t discovered this area of RAK before and it was really nice. Weather was amazing, route wasn’t too difficult some places, had some amazing spots to go and camp I’m sure I’m gonna be camping there sometime soon! 
See all of you in the next drive inshallah! 

PS look who I saw on the way to the meeting point😂

212BC890-23DC-48E7-B447-21099F4BCFEE.jpeg

F60E6023-248F-4A07-AAC1-FFF44DA1BC77.jpeg

1E952278-9722-40ED-9266-3C561BBE8AE0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use