•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Margham to Lisali - Dubai - 26 Dec 2020

Wrangeld

I ams still processing the drive yesterday a little, because when I think about the terrain passed and the route we took, I am really impressed at the capabilities of this Fewbie group. As a lead, I was looking for a nice but challenging route and wanted to take advantage of being able to stretch my legs a bit because I have been leading quite a lot of Newbie drives lately. You did not let me down, in fact, quite the opposite. 

Most people know that I want the drives to be a good learning experience for everyone - there's no point going out and doing the same old same old each time. What did we do? 

I wanted to start the drive in the nice play bowls in Margham. These let us sweep and swoop and side slip. They are getting more popular now it's the summer, but they are still relatively cross track free. We then went down from the high dunes towards the more technical sections of dunes in the direction of Lisali and MUrquab. These dunes are a continuation of the band of technical dunes that flow all the way to solar park, but a little less compact here so navigating through, while a challenge alows us to move through the reddish sand without too many stops. 

From there we swang bast the (Shhhhh) Palace and eventually back into the high dunes that surround Lisali (but which suffer from a lot of rubbish, tracks and the fact that the pylons make the sand a little unpredictable. 

Within that 40km route we were treated to a pop out - hope that people who had not seen it before helpful and, thansk to my very well planned stuck (hahaha) and Salar, use of sand track or boards.

There has been a reluctance to use sand boards in the club until the last weeks, where they are starting to gain some momentum as a recovery tool. Havign never used them before and having driven out of the pocket in which the car was sitting, for one, I want to investigate more and start to try them out and learn more about the techniques. 

I was also pleased to finish the drive in daylight. I for one, quite enjoy that I can find my valves and reinflate while it is still light enough to see and know i have the whole evening in front of me. 

To my Pajero management team: @Ashok chaturvedi @Veedooshee and @Anvar Sadath Bekal you were immense. As I explained to you, but perhaps not to the rest of the convoy, yesterday was unique for me because it was the first time I have led a convoy drive without support from one of the seniors. 

To the Jeep guys @Archibald Jurdi @Goutam @Vijaysekhar your proved why the Jeep is so loved.

@topgear almost never do we only have one FJ on a convoy these days. I think that your learnign on self recovery from the day was good for the future. 

@Salarios great to see you. You are still MR Powwwwer. And the sand board were a great idea. 

@Mikhail Lukichev great drive. You really have your beast well under control. Impressive. 

@Anand Nataraj seems that there were a few moments when the legendary X needed nudging to get up and over, but as ever, you sorted it all out. 

Looking forward to the next time out. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 8

On 12/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, Wrangeld said:

@sri ganeshganesh looks like you're in.

Thank you for the update however, @Probir MukherjeeMukherjee in future, please consider this before signing up for the second drive. 

Sorry @Wrangeld I was away on friday and saturday, dint see the message. Will join next drive. Missed this one

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

I ams still processing the drive yesterday a little, because when I think about the terrain passed and the route we took, I am really impressed at the capabilities of this Fewbie group. As a lead, I was looking for a nice but challenging route and wanted to take advantage of being able to stretch my legs a bit because I have been leading quite a lot of Newbie drives lately. You did not let me down, in fact, quite the opposite. 

Most people know that I want the drives to be a good learning experience for everyone - there's no point going out and doing the same old same old each time. What did we do? 

I wanted to start the drive in the nice play bowls in Margham. These let us sweep and swoop and side slip. They are getting more popular now it's the summer, but they are still relatively cross track free. We then went down from the high dunes towards the more technical sections of dunes in the direction of Lisali and MUrquab. These dunes are a continuation of the band of technical dunes that flow all the way to solar park, but a little less compact here so navigating through, while a challenge alows us to move through the reddish sand without too many stops. 

From there we swang bast the (Shhhhh) Palace and eventually back into the high dunes that surround Lisali (but which suffer from a lot of rubbish, tracks and the fact that the pylons make the sand a little unpredictable. 

Within that 40km route we were treated to a pop out - hope that people who had not seen it before helpful and, thansk to my very well planned stuck (hahaha) and Salar, use of sand track or boards.

There has been a reluctance to use sand boards in the club until the last weeks, where they are starting to gain some momentum as a recovery tool. Havign never used them before and having driven out of the pocket in which the car was sitting, for one, I want to investigate more and start to try them out and learn more about the techniques. 

I was also pleased to finish the drive in daylight. I for one, quite enjoy that I can find my valves and reinflate while it is still light enough to see and know i have the whole evening in front of me. 

To my Pajero management team: @Ashok chaturvedi @Veedooshee and @Anvar Sadath Bekal you were immense. As I explained to you, but perhaps not to the rest of the convoy, yesterday was unique for me because it was the first time I have led a convoy drive without support from one of the seniors. 

To the Jeep guys @Archibald Jurdi @Goutam @Vijaysekhar your proved why the Jeep is so loved.

@topgear almost never do we only have one FJ on a convoy these days. I think that your learnign on self recovery from the day was good for the future. 

@Salarios great to see you. You are still MR Powwwwer. And the sand board were a great idea. 

@Mikhail Lukichev great drive. You really have your beast well under control. Impressive. 

@Anand Nataraj seems that there were a few moments when the legendary X needed nudging to get up and over, but as ever, you sorted it all out. 

Looking forward to the next time out. 

See you soon in the sand. 

@Wrangeld Dear Richard . I was feeling happy reading your trip report as usual but what is more than usual grasping in between the lines how happy you were so were the drivers with you . And I agree with you totally regarding trying new things new techniques as learning is a continuous process and I always say if you don’t try it out then stay where you are. I will be looking forward to support your drive soon . And from my side please you can utilize me and my X for any planned learning process 😉 cheers and well done for all whom where with you in the drive 👍

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you @Wrangeld for fantastic drive and giving me the opportunity to sweep the convoy 

Terrain selection were absolutely stunning with a bunch of technical areas which are really helps to improve the skills and confidence

good work @Veedoosheeas CF. you made my job bit easy

few minor refusals covered with an excellent “self recoveries” well done team 👍🏻

see you soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, sri ganesh said:

Sorry @Wrangeld I was away on friday and saturday, dint see the message. Will join next drive. Missed this one

@Wrangeld i dropped out seeing the wait list , I saw folks doing two drives , nevertheless  I understand  the counselling 

• Like (+1) 1

@Wrangeld It was a great drive. My second trip to Margham this week. The first one was on Wednesday this week and both drives were different. I certainly learnt how to use the A-Trac for the first time and boy it was amazing.  It was kind of you to share your knowledge and tricks during the pop out incident too. It was certainly useful.

During the drive,  I watched the 2 topless Wrangle in front of me who made things look so effortless less and easy. But my driving position in front of the CF allowed me to benefit from the  guidance of both @Veedooshee and @Anish S 

The mixture of terrain and challenges was great. Just a bit bumpy at some certain sections. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Excellence delivered by our Lead  @Wrangeld  (currently: Pajeroed😉)

I feel am also still processing the drive. It was just an awesomely awesome drive yesterday, I had loads of fun driving through the dunes. The route you took us through was real fun and with full of challenges. This drive will definitely remain special..firstly because it was lead and managed by all Pajero drivers☺️ and secondly as i got the opportunity to be CF and I hope I did justice to the position. Thank you so much Richard for entrusting me with this responsibility and apply whatever I learnt up till now. However we had really great drivers on the drive which made the job look easy somehow...😌.

Kudos to all drivers..

Cheers and Happy New Year..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

1 hour ago, topgear said:

@Wrangeld It was a great drive. My second trip to Margham this week. The first one was on Wednesday this week and both drives were different. I certainly learnt how to use the A-Trac for the first time and boy it was amazing.  It was kind of you to share your knowledge and tricks during the pop out incident too. It was certainly useful.

During the drive,  I watched the 2 topless Wrangle in front of me who made things look so effortless less and easy. But my driving position in front of the CF allowed me to benefit from the  guidance of both @Veedooshee and @Anish S 

The mixture of terrain and challenges was great. Just a bit bumpy at some certain sections. 

Pleasure was ours...keep going 👍

• Like (+1) 5

As usual it was a pleasure driving with you @Wrangeld - will look forward to driving with you again. Thanks for the guidance from @Veedooshee

I have added some snaps in the gallery.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Wrangeld and the whole team, thanks a lot for the drive!

Convoy abilities, pace of the drive and technical dunes made the beginning a bit challenging but so fun! Once members were warmed up, every body picked up the speed and, as a result, we had only a few refusals! Great job!

It was surprising to see all the hidden gems of Margham including little gazelle watching us from the bush just 10-15 meters away.

See you soon!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use