•  
Advertise here

SWB Jeep Wrangler

37 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

You are an exception and don't feature in the general public category. 😁

I wasn't referring to me as in my case Patrol was an exception to have a heavy duty dual clutch.

But seen few quick learner getting the hurdle when they start listening and follow;-)

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

20 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

How about doing twins with @Gaurav bhai and @Frederic bhai.

https://tnydu.biz/DOzSnn

That is quite expensive. 

If you can afford 2012 above Wrangler 3.6 that will be a nice off roader. Also if you can get a nice 4.8 SWB Patrol that will be prefect. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

How about doing twins with @Gaurav bhai and @Frederic bhai.

https://tnydu.biz/DOzSnn

This is our old buddy who is selling the car due to persistent overheating issues

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

As the proud (former - for some reason my wife thinks it's hers!!!!!) of a TJ and also an SWB Pajero, here's my contribution. 

If I had had the money and could have found one that was unthrashed, I would have gone for the SWB Prado or the 4800 Y61. 

As it turned out, I could afford a Pajero or a Jeep and so with one jeep in the family already, I decided to go for something different. Why the Pajero - mine is a 3.8, and while it suffers from the dreaded 'upchage at 5200rpm' problem, that does not really become an issue too often because this thing has so much power that you don't notice. 

It's less direct than the Jeep. Translate that how you want - you can say as an alternative that the Paj is comfortable on an off road, and it's pretty much as capable. The Jeep runs on Gelolandars at around 9PSI and the Paj on street tires at 12.5 - so the Jeep is a bit more capable because of that, and being more rugged gets broken less. The body work on the Paj is plastic, so bits get broken a lot easier than the steel of the Jeep. 

Mechanically - the 4.0L on the Jeep feels indestructable as is the gearbox. It can take a hammering and come back for more. The Paj, less so. As an SWB both are a much of a muchness. I don't yet have any mods on the Paj, so it suffers more on ridge riding and crossing crests than the Jeep. A back plate will fix that. 

Truth is they are different sides of the same coin and I love them both. If I want a day out hitting the dunes and going straight up and down to my heart's content, I would take the jeep. It's fun and cheeky and can do stuff that I am not sure is capable in other cars big os small because you don't worry when it is under pressure because all that will happen is that the engine will overheat. With the Paj, I love driving to and from the desert in air conditioned comfort where i can hear myself think. I love the composed way it approachs the dunes and is unflustered by anything. Some days after say a newbie I am sort of questoining if we really went out into the desert because it was so comfortable and we never went over 2000rpm When it gets hammered, however, I feel for it because it seems to be saying, ever so gently. Please take just a little bit more care of me. I am tough but not that tough and yes I am small and prefectly formed but I would really like IronMan shocks and then I will really show you what we can do. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 12/22/2020 at 3:50 PM, Gaurav said:

That's a very good contender too, if you can get the clean one. Any day better than Pajero, Prado and Wranglers tbh.

BUT it should be 2012 and upward with 4800 VTEC Engine. And  NOT with 4.5 Engine.

Another good contender could be FJ Cruiser, known and proven for years.

As a FJ user, I must say that whilst I enjoy the drive, engine and a little bit of extra space compared to a SWB, the lack of visibility of the front windscreen is its biggest flaw.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...