• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, my love for the Xterra is still there, but we both parted our separate ways and found new partners 😁 . We're still friends though! As promised, the winner is a 2014 Rubicon, GCC specs, 86.0

As the proud (former - for some reason my wife thinks it's hers!!!!!) of a TJ and also an SWB Pajero, here's my contribution.  If I had had the money and could have found one that was unthrashed,

Thats what we call an upgrade. 😅

Posted Images

On 1/16/2021 at 6:01 PM, Craig Finlayson said:

Did you make a purchase @Desert Dweller??

I almost did but then the seller backed out and decided to keep it. After that I almost got a 2005 model but then decided against it.

I've decided to get at least a 2012 or preferably newer, and am hunting for a good one now again. Here's hoping I'll soon be part of the Jeep community.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1
1 minute ago, Desert Dweller said:

I almost did but then the seller backed out and decided to keep it. After that I almost got a 2005 model but then decided against it.

I've decided to get at least a 2012 or preferably newer, and am hunting for a good one now again. Here's hoping I'll soon be part of the Jeep community.

Going above 2012 is wise choice. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you! After reading all the info you guys shared and doing some more digging (not in the sand), I would like to own a more recent model.

@Craig I'll post a pic as soon as I get it, pinky promise ☝️(couldn’t find a pinky😁)

Edited by Desert Dweller
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Congrats jamy, good choice and good find with low kms.

Thank you! I have to say that it was @Foxtrot Oscar who did all the donkey work and even pressured me to finalize the deal... which I appreciate. Otherwise, I'd still be procrastinating 😅

2 hours ago, Craig Finlayson said:

@Desert Dweller I think you paid too much for it!  😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Seriously, congratulations on the new Jeep! You will have great fun with it! 

Hahaha I know, right?! I kept telling Angela that 

Thank you fellow jeeper!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rahimdad
      Wow.
      We have done everything from an absolute newbie drive for those stepping into the sands for the first time, to a slightly more demanding drive in some absolutely bad weather, to the mesmerizing sands of Lisali to a man made lake in the desert in Al Qudra and recently the on-road scenic drive with slightly different kind of adventure in the waters of Khorfakkan in the past month. So what is next? The option was left to those who attended the last drive and the obvious choice was to find a natural lake in the middle of the desert. Is it true? Is it possible? A natural lake in the middle of the desert....You must be kidding me!!! But, Al Qudra is a man-made lake and we have already been there!!!.
      Hold your hearts as that natural beauty exists and we are going to explore it this weekend. So what is the plan? Who can join? What can we expect?
      Plan is simple, we drive down to the desert where the natural lake makes it an oasis which we are in search for. Everybody can join, weather you have a 4x4, an AWD, a Saloon or even a bike, it is possible for all to join. Expect to be taken by surprise and we drive on the road towards some awesome dunes and a shimmering blue surface starts to fill the the light brown dunes, behold it is the lake that we all are searching for. For on-road drivers who jst want something new and different to do, this drive is for you. For off-roader who want a taste of the dune drive, lets do some off-roading that will set your pulses racing, this drive is for you. For those who love nature and photography, if you think you have some awesome photos during the day, just wait till the sun starts setting behind the mountains, find a favorable spot and lay your trap to capture some of the most beautiful views you can imagine, this drive is for you.
      Excited... Lets get down to the details...
      Once again I would like to thank all the active members of Carnity who have supported the drives by coming out in numbers and have shown the enthusiasm and the will to learn,the beauty of this area is the wonderful lake smack in the middle of the desert which can be reached by road making it a rare oasis in UAE. The plan would be to meet up at 10 am as per the below link and than head out to discover this hidden gem in the middle of the desert, for the Muslims we will find a mosque on the way where we can offer our Friday prayers, non-Muslims are requested to be patient during this time, we will than head to the lake and pick a gazebo under which we can set up camp and sit around and enjoy the lunch and chats where the secret of how this lake came about in the middle of the desert. It is a very interesting story. For those who would like to feel the sands under their wheels, this will be the time to head out and improve and polish our skills. They say always leave the best for the last, photograph enthusiasts would have hope fully found a nice spot by sunset which will mean you will take back memories which can never be replaced and the place will leave an imprint on your hearts for life.

When : 24 February 2017 at 10:00 am
      Where : First Emarat Petrol station on Dubai - Al Ain Road after Outlet Mall.
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KD4Lath3cB42
      Level of drive: All levels
      Plan: On-road drive, followed by some lunch, followed by some dune bashing for interested parties with proper 4x4s, ending with the shutterbugs bringing some shots that will live on long after the drive is over.
      What to bring along: Stuff for BBQ or lunch with a little extra to share with all, grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ meat or chicken, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn. and appreciate and the most important, you best cameras with the best lenses as you do not see this everyday in your life. In fact, many people will never know this hidden gem.
      Approximate finish time : 6 - 6:30 pm
    • By Chaitanya D
      This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines
      Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic. We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out.  Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving. Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops... No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.  
      Drive Details
      Level:  Intermediate and above
      When:  15 Dec 2020, Tuesday ( Not a weekend Drive)
      Meeting time: 6:15 AM (Sharp - without any exceptions)
      Action Plan: We will be exploring a new area in AL Bateyh area of desert which has not been visited many times before, from Al Rashidiyah to Al Dhaid. This will be a slow paced drive through a terrain mixed with vegetations, moderate to severe technical areas and very limited play areas ( this needs to be explored and hence the name). Bring your explorer spirit and a lot of tolerance as this area has not been marked clearly. We might be doing a lot of trail backs and rerouting.
      Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/kZo6Qgyqv1cmiFyG8
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
      What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 10:15 AM
      End Point: Al Dhaid
      THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 
      LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
      Limited to 10 Members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM. If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list.  Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS. Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS. Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others. Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• By Atif
      My Prado is is around 2.5 ton and comes with a bottle type jack. Do I need to have a floor type jack and does it have to be over 2 ton rating? 
      I notice that the 2 ton floor jack is advertised most frequently and is also compact compared to the 3 ton one. In addition, as I don’t intend to lift the whole car but rather a portion of it, is the 2 ton one sufficient or is it unsafe?
      Await good advice!
    • By Frederic
      When joining Carnity Off-road Club, there will come a time that you’ll need to start looking for deflators, pressure gauges, compressors, flag, etc...
      Dragon Mart is a wonderful shopping paradise but finding the item you need is indeed sometimes a daunting task. So I listed below some shops and their locations that might be of help:

Off-road Flag

Section: EA
      Address: EA01
      Shop: S&D Autoparts 

Deflator tool and pressure gauge

Section: EB
      Address: EBD05
      Shop: Taizhou Yian Trade 

Two Way Radio

Lots of options, but the BA section has the most shops. Look out for the big CRONY labeled shop. They have the
      Motorola MT777 = 120 - 150 AED. Crony MT777 = 80 - 120 AED Also the Baofeng UV-5R is still popular and easy to find. Costs about 75 AED.

Floor Jack & Tools

JZX shop in section EA, no. EAA25
      2 Ton floor jack with swivel neck = 120 - 150 AED (Recommended) Tool kit = 50-100 AED  
      Compressor

Mainly available in BA section. Have a walk and haggle a bit. The Camel logo brand is pretty good. Available in single or twin cylinder model. 
      Single cylinder = 100 -150 AED Twin Cylinder = 150 -200 AED (Recommended)
      Please take note that we are not affiliated with these shops nor do we give any guarantees about their items.
      We solely provide the location where you can find these most common items to save your time.
    • By Jefy
      Is it maybe an idea to share important docs in the Off-road whatsapp group?
      Like;
      -Frequencies
      -How to guides
      -Emergency numbers (UAE rescue, Police, Hospitals)
      I think this will be an added value, docs are instant accessible, instead of going to the forum and search the correct topic.
      When posting a new drive, you can make the members aware that they can find the documents with the applicable info in the WhatsApp group.
      Food for thought.

Important Information

Terms of use