•  
Advertise here

Camels and plastic garbage

@Alexander Alcala sadly @Gaurav bhai and I have watched one such painful death come to a camel in the desert. We cannot emphasize enough that there are living things to whom the desert is their home, we are their guests and we should not leave litter behind. As the camel is big and heavy and was struggling we could not get close enough to help it without risking injury ourselves. After the camel's struggle was over and we could get close to it, we opened the camel's mouth and guess what we found in there, a plastic water bottle that got stuck in his throat which meant he could not breath. Every year before Covid19 we used to have a desert clean-up drive, but we could only take care of a very small part of the desert and still get tonnes of trash out in just over 2 hours. My belief has always been to educate people about the dangers rather than doing a desert clean-up drive every year. I am very happy to see the media channels now picking up on this and shouting out and educating people. These people on radio and televisions are people with the power of followers, nobody knows me or tries to emulate me, but these media heros could make the difference we have been striving for all these years. Kudos to them.

• Sad (0) 4