•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Solar - Dubai - 2 Jan 2021

Frederic

1 hour ago, imranaasghar81 said:

@Frederic Hi mate 

I can't PM you unfortunately it saysy account won't allow but I'm a 12 month paid up front. 

You asked me to PM you? 

I'm just checking now to see if I managed to get accepted onto a drive ..

Hahaha no I meant that you are also waitlisted in the PM (evening) drive. I did not mean “Personal Message”.

We’ll be closing the convoys tomorrow and check who has signed out and fill up the drive accordingly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Chris Meir

I’ll be closing the convoy list around 6PM. As you’re first in the waitlist it looks like you’ll be in for tomorrow 🤞😜

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.3bab0514df3907325e00256864b7b63b.png

Please find your convoy numbering for tomorrow above.

@Salty3Arab @ZakWarah @ABSL ABSL as you are joining us for the first time, please go through the Absolute Newbie briefing, this will help you in the drive tomorrow. For your first offroad drive, you should bring a deflator and pressure gauge. From the second drive onwards you will be needing a shovel, radio, and offroad flag as well. If you have these tools already you are most welcome to bring them along.

Please also make sure your vehicle has towpoints at the front and the back, otherwise we will not be able to accept you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 1: 446,006.25 Mhz

When you arrive you can start deflating your tyres to 15psi if you have normal highway tyres, or 12psi if you have offroad tyres. If you need help in deflation, myself and the other seniors will be there to help you out.

See you guys tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

DRIVE REPORT

As a first drive of the New Year this was a nice drive to see our Carnity friends again, stretch our legs a bit, and lose some of the calories we have put on from the festive days.

I was in the good company of 2 Absolute Newbies @ZakWarah and @Salty3Arab who both drove great today, well done guys ! You can now both start joining Newbie level drives, just make sure to get an offroad flag and shovel. 

Our Pajero crew @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Danish Mohammad @Baskaran P.R again showed us the capabilities of their cars by taking on the terrain without much hiccups. Great work !

Buddies @Chris Meir and @Gavin Hill always a pleasure having you on the drives !

@Ken Hüüdma and @Shehab Alawadhi both driving great big and capable 4x4's, taking them effortlessly through the terrain, maybe except for Shehab his front bumper that decided to lose some weight.

@N@ved you've really impressed me today with that TJ of yours, it might be the perfect offroad toy but your driving skills showed serious talent !

@Thomas Varghese you were silently in the back but took the Xterra through every dune without any difficulties. Well done !

A big thanks to all for helping out with the shoveling and pushing, and a double thanks for @Mukundan Nair and @Vanessa8580 for helping out with the recoveries and guidance.

@ABSL ABSL we did not see you today, please give us a message in case you cannot make it, there were many people in the waitlist who would have loved to join in.

For all of you who have done 5 Carnity drives by now, you can apply for promotion to Fewbie by clicking on below link and filling up the online form. 

https://carnity.com/support

See you guys soon again in the sand !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Frederic thank you for the awesome drive had a lot of fun and took some great pictures and videos. Yes my bumper did decide to lose weight and it’s because my car decided to lose weight as a New Years resolution so the people behind me don’t suffer anymore 😂 

Pictures will be posted in the gallery.

Thank you @Thomas Varghese for the quick yet impressive photoshoot we had. 

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

As a first drive of the New Year this was a nice drive to see our Carnity friends again, stretch our legs a bit, and lose some of the calories we have put on from the festive days.

I was in the good company of 2 Absolute Newbies @ZakWarah and @Salty3Arab who both drove great today, well done guys ! You can now both start joining Newbie level drives, just make sure to get an offroad flag and shovel. 

Our Pajero crew @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Danish Mohammad @Baskaran P.R again showed us the capabilities of their cars by taking on the terrain without much hiccups. Great work !

Buddies @Chris Meir and @Gavin Hill always a pleasure having you on the drives !

@Ken Hüüdma and @Shehab Alawadhi both driving great big and capable 4x4's, taking them effortlessly through the terrain, maybe except for Shehab his front bumper that decided to lose some weight.

@N@ved you've really impressed me today with that TJ of yours, it might be the perfect offroad toy but your driving skills showed serious talent !

@Thomas Varghese you were silently in the back but took the Xterra through every dune without any difficulties. Well done !

A big thanks to all for helping out with the shoveling and pushing, and a double thanks for @Mukundan Nair and @Vanessa8580 for helping out with the recoveries and guidance.

@ABSL ABSL we did not see you today, please give us a message in case you cannot make it, there were many people in the waitlist who would have loved to join in.

For all of you who have done 5 Carnity drives by now, you can apply for promotion to Fewbie by clicking on below link and filling up the online form. 

https://carnity.com/support

See you guys soon again in the sand !

@Frederic I was silent because I didn't have to cry out like last time drive with you to rescue me from Refusal or Stuck. I have slowly started to put to practice what was learned from Carnity drives. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you @Frederic for a smooth start to the year 2021... always a pleasure driving with you. Thank you @Mukundan Nair and @Vanessa8580 for your support throughout the drive today. Lastly, Thank you to all of the rest in the convoy today, it was a pleasure driving with you all.

Happy New Year to all 😃 

See you soon in the sand InshaAllah. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Frederic, Vanessa, Mukundan ..... Thank you so much for your full support and guidance.

Also thanks to every members of convoy to be so supportive and helpful to make this drive lovely and safe. 

(InshaAllah) .... See you in next drive :)   

Edited by Danish Mohammad
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@ZakWarah @Salty3Arab
Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:10 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7:10 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely.
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car.
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio.

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: 

Please DO NOT BUY the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed.

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys soon in the sand again !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use