•  
Advertise here

How is 2000 model Land Cruiser V8 for leisure desert drives?

If you get it clean and low mileage, they are very good and reliable.

V8 is slightly more expensive on maintenance than V6, but worth extra power as LC100 is very underpowered for long hill climbs. But if your intend is family camping and leisure drives, it will be perfect.

Reliability, 4x4 technology, suited for hot climate, safety features are all awesome.

Just make sure you read this comprehensive advise and follow as much as you can.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If its well maintained and not abused 300K for 20 years old is completely fine.

In my old company we have used similar cruiser for 500K mark and still run like a champ as they were regularly serviced and maintained with proper schedule maintenance.

I would vote for LC100 VXR - GCC specs anyday than LX, first its less complicated and electronics to fail, second US spec might have some strange surprise in summer months.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:18 PM, Gaurav said:

If you get it clean and low mileage, they are very good and reliable.

V8 is slightly more expensive on maintenance than V6, but worth extra power as LC100 is very underpowered for long hill climbs. But if your intend is family camping and leisure drives, it will be perfect.

Reliability, 4x4 technology, suited for hot climate, safety features are all awesome.

Just make sure you read this comprehensive advise and follow as much as you can.

"The Land Cruiser is powered by a choice of either a 250 hp 4.7-litre V8 or a 240 hp 4.5-litre inline-6 engine. With more than 400 Nm of torque available at low rpm, both Land Cruiser models make an excellent tow vehicle. There is also a weak 135 hp 4.2-litre 6-cylinder diesel engine."

Gaurav, when you said v6 has less power, do you mean the 4.2 or also the 4.5? As the 4.5 V6 seems not to far from V8 4.7 based on the above. 

Is that information correct? 

4.0 never made in GCC in those years.

4.2 is diesel

4.5 with V6 with 4500 sticker at back I meant underpowered with 210 or 212 hp.

4.7 with V8 had 246 hp if I rem correctly.

Nothing big of a difference, and both arent a long hill climber, but both are perfect for your family leisure drives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1