•  

Introduce yourself !

Frederic

1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Niki Patel its not the equipment which matters. Its the man who operates the equipment who is the master controlling the equipment. 

@Thomas Varghese this gives me hope (and allows me to not get in more trouble buying further gadgets :) ) 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

@Thomas Varghese this gives me hope (and allows me to not get in more trouble buying further gadgets :) ) 

@Niki Patel photography is very interesting. As @Frederic said its just "Capturing the essence of moments". The gadget is not very important but what is important is the man capturing the moment. You may think you have captured the moment at its best possible way but there are as usual critics trying to teach you that your technique or gadget is wrong. Should you care? Of course to some extent but at the end of the day its your picture and why should anybody care?   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Nice to see the club here and activity too! 
I started my photography in 2009 primarily bird photography and travel back in india. After moving to UAE I did not pursue the hobby till recently. 

I used Canon 450D and and 400mm f5.6 for the birds and 18-200 for general purposes. I recently acquired CanonR6 which I am yet to start using   . I want pursue landscape and night sky here. Looking forward to learn and share!

322B0D1F-74BE-4921-B32C-E7B3FF05D509.jpeg

71FA57A3-5272-4BA0-B18C-ED74B9EEE088.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, sri ganesh said:

Nice to see the club here and activity too! 
I started my photography in 2009 primarily bird photography and travel back in india. After moving to UAE I did not pursue the hobby till recently. 

I used Canon 450D and and 400mm f5.6 for the birds and 18-200 for general purposes. I recently acquired CanonR6 which I am yet to start using   . I want pursue landscape and night sky here. Looking forward to learn and share!

322B0D1F-74BE-4921-B32C-E7B3FF05D509.jpeg

71FA57A3-5272-4BA0-B18C-ED74B9EEE088.jpeg

Nice clicks and welcome @sri ganesh !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Niki Patel did u see @sri ganesh"s clicks. It proves my point. Its not the equipment but the man behind it which matters

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Mikhail Lukichev said:

Hi @Frederic! Thanks for starting the club!

As you know, from time to time I take some photos. I believe that there two important component of almost every good photo: preparation and luck! If it is supported by some nice equipment, it's even better!

Sometimes it takes a lot of time to prepare to be in a right place at the right time. For me it might take around a week of research to make a decision to go to the fields trying to capture something like meteor shower, milky way or a nice sunset in the mountains. Sometimes I even request some leave days a year in advance just to be sure that I have enough free time for some event.

Then, once everything is ready, I just commit to the plan. And hope, that plan is good and weather would be nice enough to turn the plan into a picture. 

Honestly, my plans were never perfect. All the time something went not in a way I expect. But! This is the time when luck might be very handy! Sometimes you do not expect much but reality exceeds the expectations! In such moments you can just say "Woooooow" and not more than that.

One more important thing. Very important for me. I keep remind myself not to see the world through the camera but to see it with my wide open eyes. It is much better!

DSC_0044.jpg

Very true to capture the photo preparation and understanding the subject plays the most important part!

And with time practice you also happen to be in the right place time otherwise called “luck” to get that perfect photo

nice pic!

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, Mikhail Lukichev said:

True! 

Below you can find some rough guideline for the shutter speed selection. 

I would agree that you need to have around 1/500s shutter in our conditions because the subject moves quickly.

Feel free to raise the ISO to 800 or even more, the difference will not be that huge. Also you can adjust the aperture to f/5.6 or so without worries.

Also, Lightroom or similar software will help a lot in RAW editing. RAW files are designed to be edited and not be used straight from the camera.

minimumShutterSpeedsForMaximumSharpnessInfographic-1.png.75fe05be19c6f38e7b2c5e652846ac9b.png

Usually I go by a rule. At the least, Shutter speed = 1/ focal length of the lens, to get an image without camera blur

12 hours ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

Yesterday we went to Hatta for some hiking and at the end of the day we spent an hour or so taking some photos at the Hatta lakes.

I just thought that if somebody in the Carnity is interested in the astrophotography, I can give a couple of advices and we can practice together somewhere. I'm not a pro by any means, but it might be useful for a complete photo newbies 😃

DSC_0078_sm.jpg

DSC_1826_sm.jpg

Wow lovely photos! 

9 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Niki Patel did u see @sri ganesh"s clicks. It proves my point. Its not the equipment but the man behind it which matters

Thank you for the kind words Thomas! You knowledge on the subject in immense! Looking fwd to learn!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, sri ganesh said:

Usually I go by a rule. At the least, Shutter speed = 1/ focal length of the lens, to get an image without camera blur

Wow lovely photos! 

Thank you for the kind words Thomas! You knowledge on the subject in immense! Looking fwd to learn!

I'm only a newbie in photography. Like you I also have only old equipment - A 500D, 700D and a classic 5D and uses only the kit lenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

@Mikhail Lukichev these are stunning pictures and I would very much like to learn and join you as a beginner!  I have a very old beginners DSLR and only a few lenses (I’ll share details a little later).  Hopeful it’s enough to learn with and take some stunning shots like above!  Let’s see who else would be interested and we can hopefully plan something as a small group :) 

Looking forward to! 

Guess the gears are okay to start learning! And we graduate to capable gears!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

To tell you the truth I bought a camera way back in 2010 to take pictures of the offices I construct. Wanted to keep records and employing a photographer was expensive than buying the equipment. For almost 2 years I could shoot only in Auto Mode. Then slowly started to experiment Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority & Manual Mode after watching countless you tube videos about them.  

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use