•  

Introduce yourself !

Frederic

Hey Guys 

Ive just joined and loving the pics especially the astronomical types! Amazing!

Ive new to filming and editing the drives and built a little rig to stabilise my 360 camera on the outside of the car to handle the rough treatment on the dunes and it seems to have done well on the last two drives with a few tweaks.

I have a few test drives  of the rigs on my YouTube. 

Here are the last two "proper" drives I did. 

Hope you Enjoy! 

And 

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

Cool shots @imranaasghar81 !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

20 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

@AlexPol this is the thread we spoke about during the drive and @Mikhail Lukichev kind offer to host a group of us to practice and take similar style Astro shots!  Browse through the pages... we are in the company of so many superb photographers!  

That's awesome night picture. @Niki Patel, shall we go together with @Mikhail Lukichev? You can both practice, I will be responsible for setting the fireplace?:) 

• Haha (+1) 4

So cool to see so many people interested in the star photography.

I checked the moon cycles and found out that evening and night on 12-13 Feb 21 is going to be excellent for the night photography! We will have almost new moon which will hide below the horizon right after the sunset. 

The best place for astrophotography is Abu Dhabi. but there are some very nice places not too far away from Dubai too!

So, 12 Feb 21, 7pm - 9pm, place to be advised a bit later (hopefully, within 1 hour of driving from Dubai).

Should we create a separate topic for it? 

Thanks!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

30 minutes ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

I checked the moon cycles and found out that evening and night on 12-13 Feb 21 is going to be excellent for the night photography! We will have almost new moon which will hide below the horizon right after the sunset. 

The best place for astrophotography is Abu Dhabi. but there are some very nice places not too far away from Dubai too!

So, 12 Feb 21, 7pm - 9pm, place to be advised a bit later (hopefully, within 1 hour of driving from Dubai).

Thanks!

Fantastic idea @Mikhail Lukichev i have created a calendar event. Now lets try to find a suitable location. 

https://carnity.com/calendar/event/561-star-photography-meetup

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

Thanks!

Great idea @Mikhail Lukichev! I,d love to go. Will set up great fire place) Will we need someone experienced with us - then we will not get lost in a desert? Or you know the route?;)

2 minutes ago, AlexPol said:

Great idea @Mikhail Lukichev! I,d love to go. Will set up great fire place) Will we need someone experienced with us - then we will not get lost in a desert? Or you know the route?;)

Noticed the calendar event. Thanks indeed @Frederic. Looking forward to the night desert experience. Never seen it before).

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, AlexPol said:

@Frederic is with us, no worries! And we are not going far away from the paved road.

Our aims is to practice astrophotography basics so later you can do the same on your own in so many lovely places in the UAE 😃 So, location for the first time does not matter much.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 3 months later...

@samamara was nice to meet you and knowing you are a pro/enthusiast photographer- join this lens lovers club and maybe introduce yourself on this thread by sharing your background and maybe a few shots!  

If you go from the beginning of this ‘introduce yourself’ thread there are many experienced and skilled photographers like yourself here at Carnity!  

@Niki thanks so much for your kind message! It was really nice to meet you as well. Your comment on the radio about the rocket lens I was using made me and my friend laugh 😂. I have already joined this lens lovers group; photography was one of the reasons I wanted to join the off-road club (as well as to meet new friends and learn to enjoy the desert in a safe way). 

Like others in this thread, I started photography back in film days but got away from it shortly after life got in the way. I came back to photography about 7 years ago and it's become my number one passion. I enjoy shooting just about anything, though my preferences are wildlife (including insects and birds (Indian rollers are my favourite)) and astro 😍🤩

I am a Canon gal and use two cameras. My primary, ride-or-die partner is a 5DM4, and I also have an 80D that I use now and again. I use a number of different lenses depending on what I'm shooting, but my go-to ones are usually a Tokina 11-16mm for astro (which is not for a full frame camera but still works great at 14mm), a Canon 100mm macro, a Canon L-series 24-105mm workhorse and the rocket you saw yesterday 😂 a Sigma 150-600mm Sports. I also have a DJI Mavic Mini that I want to use more. I've only made one video with it so far - mostly because I haven't had much time to shoot and edit. 

It's so great to meet everyone and see so many happy photographers! I hope I'll get to meet more of you in the coming months. I'm happy to be a part of any drive, particularly any that have photography as a "focus" 😉

I'm including here a few of my recent favourite images (not too many, I hope!) and this is the link to the video I made with my drone in December, if you'd like to see it 😊. The images don't look great here because I made a collage and took a screen shot, but you can see them more clearly on Instagram if you want 😂

Thanks again @Niki - see you soon!

30 minutes ago, samamara said:

thanks so much for your kind message! It was really nice to meet you as well. Your comment on the radio about the rocket lens I was using made me and my friend laugh 😂. I have already joined this lens lovers group; photography was one of the reasons I wanted to join the off-road club (as well as to meet new friends and learn to enjoy the desert in a safe way). 

Like others in this thread, I started photography back in film days but got away from it shortly after life got in the way. I came back to photography about 7 years ago and it's become my number one passion. I enjoy shooting just about anything, though my preferences are wildlife (including insects and birds (Indian rollers are my favourite)) and astro 😍🤩

I am a Canon gal and use two cameras. My primary, ride-or-die partner is a 5DM4, and I also have an 80D that I use now and again. I use a number of different lenses depending on what I'm shooting, but my go-to ones are usually a Tokina 11-16mm for astro (which is not for a full frame camera but still works great at 14mm), a Canon 100mm macro, a Canon L-series 24-105mm workhorse and the rocket you saw yesterday 😂 a Sigma 150-600mm Sports. I also have a DJI Mavic Mini that I want to use more. I've only made one video with it so far - mostly because I haven't had much time to shoot and edit. 

It's so great to meet everyone and see so many happy photographers! I hope I'll get to meet more of you in the coming months. I'm happy to be a part of any drive, particularly any that have photography as a "focus" 😉

I'm including here a few of my recent favourite images (not too many, I hope!) and this is the link to the video I made with my drone in December, if you'd like to see it 😊

Thanks again @Niki - see you soon!

I'm so sorry 😂 I deleted the images because they were so huge! I will make a smaller collage of them and post that instead. 

MyCollage.png

Edited by samamara
Adding Image
  • WOW (+2) 6

9 minutes ago, samamara said:

@Niki thanks so much for your kind message! It was really nice to meet you as well. Your comment on the radio about the rocket lens I was using made me and my friend laugh 😂. I have already joined this lens lovers group; photography was one of the reasons I wanted to join the off-road club (as well as to meet new friends and learn to enjoy the desert in a safe way). 

Like others in this thread, I started photography back in film days but got away from it shortly after life got in the way. I came back to photography about 7 years ago and it's become my number one passion. I enjoy shooting just about anything, though my preferences are wildlife (including insects and birds (Indian rollers are my favourite)) and astro 😍🤩

I am a Canon gal and use two cameras. My primary, ride-or-die partner is a 5DM4, and I also have an 80D that I use now and again. I use a number of different lenses depending on what I'm shooting, but my go-to ones are usually a Tokina 11-16mm for astro (which is not for a full frame camera but still works great at 14mm), a Canon 100mm macro, a Canon L-series 24-105mm workhorse and the rocket you saw yesterday 😂 a Sigma 150-600mm Sports. I also have a DJI Mavic Mini that I want to use more. I've only made one video with it so far - mostly because I haven't had much time to shoot and edit. 

It's so great to meet everyone and see so many happy photographers! I hope I'll get to meet more of you in the coming months. I'm happy to be a part of any drive, particularly any that have photography as a "focus" 😉

I'm including here a few of my recent favourite images (not too many, I hope!) and this is the link to the video I made with my drone in December, if you'd like to see it 😊

Thanks again @Niki - see you soon!

ArabianPaperWasp3ForInsta.jpg

UAQRoller1_SM.jpg

UAQRoller7_SM2.jpg

IndianRoller1.jpg

CrescentMoon2_SM.jpg

StarTrailsRazeen_Sep2020_SM.jpg

MilkyWayRazeen2_Oct2020_SM.jpg

SinaiAgamaWadiShawka_SM.jpg

CommonKingfisher3_SM.jpg

Wow, amazing pics @samamara. You are talented photographer. The tools are good too. 

Important Information

Terms of use