•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 8 Jan 2021

Frederic

Hi Frederic

I drive a 2014 Pajero and the front and back tow points are in perfect condition.

My off-road  experience is limited to one drive that i did in Abu Dhabi earlier this year. This will be my second time in the dessert.

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

• Like (+1) 2

Good morning and happy new year to everyone:

I am bringing a 2017 Nissan Patrol Y61 Super Safari, SWB.  Have also got some of the essential gear recommended in another post, namely: first aid kit, mid sized shovel, tow rope, soft shackles, deflator, air compressor, pressure gauge, flag and two way radio (already programmed with Carnity frequencies).

Apart from a Carnity master class taken last week, I do not have any other off-roading experience, however if getting stuck in sand counts, then I have had good moments 😅

Tow points have been checked and are in good condition.

Looking forward to the drive!

• Like (+1) 1

Hi

I have a Jeep Wrangler JK.

Tow points are fine. 

I have done some offroading in the military but not a lot in sand.

I need to get a flag this week, i have a deflator and compressor can you confirm whether i need a radio for this weekend also?

Cheers 

Matt

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Pranjal Varsani said:

Hi,

My off-road experience is only the masterclass I took around 3 weeks ago with Carnity. 

I have a Y62 2016 Nissan Patrol. 

I used both my front and rear tow points in my masterclass and they are fine. 

I have a pressure gauge, deflator and compressor but no flag. Looks like I don’t need to buy one for this Newbie drive?

From the second drive onwards the flag will be mandatory, thanks for the introduction !

6 minutes ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Good morning and happy new year to everyone:

I am bringing a 2017 Nissan Patrol Y61 Super Safari, SWB.  Have also got some of the essential gear recommended in another post, namely: first aid kit, mid sized shovel, tow rope, soft shackles, deflator, air compressor, pressure gauge, flag and two way radio (already programmed with Carnity frequencies).

Apart from a Carnity master class taken last week, I do not have any other off-roading experience, however if getting stuck in sand counts, then I have had good moments 😅

Tow points have been checked and are in good condition.

Looking forward to the drive!

Thanks Mario, i am looking forward to see that Y61 Super Safari !

The plan is to get stuck anyways so we can burn some calories from the festive days :)

5 minutes ago, Matthew Ticehurst said:

Hi

I have a Jeep Wrangler JK.

Tow points are fine. 

I have done some offroading in the military but not a lot in sand.

I need to get a flag this week, i have a deflator and compressor can you confirm whether i need a radio for this weekend also?

Cheers 

Matt

Thanks @Matthew Ticehurst

A flag and radio will be mandatory from the second drive onwards, so no worries yet.

See you soon !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you Fredric, looking forward to being there on 8th Jan for my 1st formal drive!

My car: I have a 2020 Prado GXR 4L which I will be driving for this drive. 

Off-road experience: I lived in Nairobi, Kenya for the last 4 years before moving to Dubai in August 20 & so have maybe about 15-20 total hrs of driving on safari trails (more dirt/gravel tracks) with a 2006 Land Cruiser V8. Most recently on 31st Dec 2020, I took the 4 hr Off Road Newbie Masterclass with Srikumar Murli, which was a fantastic learning experience. 

Gear: Confirmed 2 tow hooks in front, 1 in back + deflator, compressor, flag, shovel etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, soumyasaklani said:

Thank you Fredric, looking forward to being there on 8th Jan for my 1st formal drive!

My car: I have a 2020 Prado GXR 4L which I will be driving for this drive. 

Off-road experience: I lived in Nairobi, Kenya for the last 4 years before moving to Dubai in August 20 & so have maybe about 15-20 total hrs of driving on safari trails (more dirt/gravel tracks) with a 2006 Land Cruiser V8. Most recently on 31st Dec 2020, I took the 4 hr Off Road Newbie Masterclass with Srikumar Murli, which was a fantastic learning experience. 

Gear: Confirmed 2 tow hooks in front, 1 in back + deflator, compressor, flag, shovel etc. 

Thanks @soumyasaklani ! Looking forward meeting you soon !

• Like (+1) 1

Frederic,

I had read and agreed the Covid19 compliant desert drive which was fine but have now watched/listened to the Newbie briefing video and it says not to join drive if you have travelled in the last 14 days.

I flew back from the UK on 1st January, and have had a negative test on arrival. Am I now unable to join this drive?

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Matthew Ticehurst said:

Frederic,

I had read and agreed the Covid19 compliant desert drive which was fine but have now watched/listened to the Newbie briefing video and it says not to join drive if you have travelled in the last 14 days.

I flew back from the UK on 1st January, and have had a negative test on arrival. Am I now unable to join this drive?

Hi @Matthew Ticehurst thanks for informing us. Since you have received your negative test on arrival you are ok to join this drive.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use