•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 8 Jan 2021

Frederic

1 minute ago, rajeshkumar rathod said:

Good morning Frederic 

Thanks for welcome

I drive 2008 nissan xterra

This is my first dessert drive

Tow points looks in good condition.

Excited for first off-road drive.

See you on Friday

Thanks for the introduction, see you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Junaid120120 welcome to Carnity, i have added you to the RSVP, please confirm if you can make it.

• Like (+1) 2

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.09fbd9bc94ea54b4a45586eb7fc1bb5f.png 

@Mario Cornejo @Adhir Saxena @Mevan @Matthew Ticehurst @rajeshkumar rathod @Jasim Khumi @Tareq Ghosheh @soumyasaklani @Pranjal Varsani @Humayun Ghias @BipinM @Larry Cadden @Junaid120120 

Please find your names and convoy numbering above. When you arrive tomorrow morning, you can start deflating your tyres to 15psi if you have normal/highway tyres, and 12psi in case you have offroad tyres.

Please arrive on time 6AM, earlier is even better so we can help you out with deflation if needed.

We will be using Carnity Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz. If you do not have a radio yet, no worries we will provide you with a spare that day.

Seniors on the drive are myself, and @Luca Palanca Falsini who will be sweeping the convoy and we will both help you out in case of refusals, stucks, which is all part of the game (and fun) :)

After deflating we will do a briefing to emphasize on the aspects of offroading and the teamwork involved when becoming part of our offroad community.

If you have not watched the Absolute Newbie briefing video yet, please do so, as we have compiled this video with all essential information one should know when entering the desert with a 4x4.

In case of emergencies, you can contact me on 056 504 26 32

See you tomorrow !

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Frederic and Luca

Thank you very much for the mini adventure today. Your intro to the drive and your instructions were invaluable. Your support to the convoy in terms of recoveries was also amazing. Thank you so much for everything! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

DRIVE REPORT

These winter mornings are lovely, but rather chilly this morning with the very strong wind that lasted throughout the day. I was blessed with a very strong convoy and hence I was looking to bump up the level a bit and everyone managed themselves very well

Did we have shoveling ?  Yes !

Did we had stuck and refusals, Yes !

Have we learned something today ? Oh Yes definitely !

With @Mario Cornejo in my second lead who never set a foot wrong in the amazing Super Safari, followed by @Adhir Saxena who was super motivated to spend his morning the desert and drove very well for a first timer. Well done !

@Matthew Ticehurst, @BipinM and @Larry Cadden brought their Wranglers to the game today and except for some minor refusals digested the terrain very well !

The same goes for the Xterra boys @Tareq Ghosheh and @rajeshkumar rathod who came to understand the capabilities of their cars. Good work guys !

@Jasim Khumi brought his wonderful short wheel base Pajero to the drive, and you did great today !

No offroad drive without a Patrol team, and @Pranjal Varsani and @Humayun Ghias both drove their big beasts like they stole it, without restraint and perfect momentum. Very impressive !

@Luca Palanca Falsini was of great help today and we both shoveled and assisted a big deal. Thanks for your help buddy !

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:10 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys soon in the sand again !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi Fredric and Luca,

Today's drive is absolute thriller. As first time off road driver it's a very good experience. I see refusal, stuck, towing and you people show how to handle it with team works. 

Thanks carnity and team for wonderful experience, 

Will meet you on new trip next week definitely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use