•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 08 Jan 2021

Chaitanya D

15 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Dear Friends

@AlexPol @rajeshkumar rathod @ZakWarah @Danish Mohammad @Anish S @frederic demolder @Thomas Varghese @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Mahmoud Hamzawy  @Dodi Syahdar

Please note the convoy numbering as mentioned below

image.png.ce586db6a03e4084cdf3c4feb689cc09.png

We will use Radio Channel 1 for communications (446.00625) 

@AlexPol will be 2nd lead, @Anish S will be center forward and @Mahmoud Hamzawy will sweep.

Please note to bring the following items on this drive without fail

1. Programmed Radio for communications ( link in the drive topic above)

2. Safety Flag with a pole and mount or suction cup.

3. Shovel.

4. Deflator and pressure gauge.

5. Air compressor 

Not having any one of these will disqualify you from driving and will not be allowed to drive. We will be ending our drive far from a gas station and hence having an air compressor is a must.

When you arrive tomorrow afternoon, you can start deflating your tires to 15psi if you have normal/highway tires, and 12psi in case you have offroad tyres. If you are not sure , please ask me or Anish. Arrive a bit early so that you can prep your cars and we start driving at 2 pm sharp after a briefing to make the most out of day light as it is a afternoon drive.

We will drive through a terrain which will be perfect to learn , hone and improvise . You will be improvising on knowing your cars better and improving on how to drive in different terrains -  slopes, small to medium dunes, small climbs and some play areas.

See you on time tomorrow.

Getting ready for the adventure. Will leave in half an hour.  Flag, Walkie Talkie, Shovel, Deflator, Compressor, tools, fluids all are packed and is ready in the boot for an adventurous afternoon with my wife. See you all guys in the sand soon. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

What a wonderful afternoon desert drive. @Chaitanya D. Special thanks to @AlexPol, @Anish S & @Mahmoud Hamzawy for the support as 2nd lead, center forward and sweep respectively. @rajeshkumar rathod you did wonderful today after your 1t drive as an absolute newbie in the morning. I wish I could be this flawless during our initial days of joining the club. It was a pleasure driving with @frederic demolder & @Dodi Syahdar two new friends I made today. Seeing the way @Danish Mohammad & @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader driving today who actually joined with me for my absolute newbie drive I'm impressed by the way the senior team members have imparted the knowledge of offroading to us. Put a smile on my face when I saw them negotiating the dunes without any hiccups and self recovering from tight situations. WOW. If this is what just a few newbie drives makes us how to learn to negotiate the desert hurdles I just awe what the fewbie drives will do to us. 

As this was my 5th drive with Carnity I have applied for a promotion to be a fewbie the moment I hit my computer and pray the team will grant me the opportunity to be a fewbie and grant my wish to join the future fewbie drives in my learning process. Please pray for me that my wish will be granted soon. 

Again I thank everybody or the wonderful evening along with my wife who enjoyed the entire drive episode and the spectacular views of the desert. 

Hope to meet you all very soon for another drive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Echoing Thomas, the afternoon trip was really enjoyable, challenging and the most importance is really safe. Special thanks for excellence lead and guide by @Chaitanya D and supported by   @AlexPol, @Anish S & @Mahmoud Hamzawy

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Very exciting day today.

Morning absolute newbie and afternoon newbie drive 

Thanks chaitnya, Mahmoud, anis , Alex for leading and managing the convoy.

Very adventurous drive and learnt how to manage and control your vehicle in this different terrain and team work when someone stuck.

Will meet you all in next drive.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Chaitanya D Thank you so much for the wonderful drive today, loved everything about it. Thank you @AlexPol @Anish S and @Mahmoud Hamzawy for the support throughout the drive. Completed 5 newbie drives today along with @Danish Mohammad and @Thomas Varghese 😃..

Thank you everyone else for a wonderful drive today. See you all again in the sand.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

I'm trying to upload pictures but unfortunately for so many days i can't as uploads are failing. 

• Sad (0) 2

6 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I'm trying to upload pictures but unfortunately for so many days i can't as uploads are failing. 

If image size is very big more than 2 MB it does happen sometimes.  Please try to reduce the size and upload it should be okay

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chaitanya D said:

If image size is very big more than 2 MB it does happen sometimes.  Please try to reduce the size and upload it should be okay

Its only 500 kb

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Confused (0) 4

@Chaitanya D thank  you very much for the incredible drive this afternoon. The course was beautiful and very varied on a technical level. Thanks to all the participants for their kindness and team spirit and to @Anish S  @Mahmoud Hamzawy
for their support . @AlexPol thank you for helping me with my air compressor and by the way your Jeep is beautiful !👍
It has been one of the most beautiful journeys since I joined Carnity !👍

See you next time !😉

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Chaitanya D great lead and wonderful enthusiasm drive, you manged the ride by scaling from easy to moderate as the convoy moves ahead, you didn't spare an effort to come back whenever needed to help and support drivers, going through Margham desert with beautiful sights seeing was amazing, am used for your fewbie drive but was amazed how you managed this newbie one

@Anish SS  as always, you managed center forward position in professionalism of leaders you know perfectly how to help and support drivers to maintain safety 

@AlexPolour first ride together, you made it perfectly for 2nd lead position 

I was worried when I saw @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader and @Thomas Varghese stuck near to each other that's why I announced on the radio and asked them to stay on standby without movement even I know it can be managed but the cars where very near to each other with families inside that's why I didn't want to risk and asked for @Anish Ssupport, as we learned in carnity ALWAYS SAFETY First, it was managed perfectly and safely 

Wishing I was able to be good sweep to the convoy making sure all  cars moving well, sorry for the radio interference and am wishing it was managed well

Over all I really liked the drive and looking forward for Afternoon fewbie drive next weekend

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use