•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Murqab to Qudra Spunk - Dubai - 09 Jan 2021

Chaitanya D

Dear friends

Please note the convoy numbering as below

1. Chaitanya - Black Xterra - lead

2. @Alexander Alcala - Black Wrangler - 2nd lead

3. @Mukundan Nair - White Xterra

4. @Anand Nataraj - Red Xterra

5. @Tero Vallas - Golden Prado

6. @Kailas - Red Wrangler

7. @Mohamed Seidam - White Xterra

8. @Yousef Alimadadi - Silver Pajero- Sweep

We will use Channel 2 ( 446.03125) for radio communications.

Adjacent cars will be managing recovery if any, focus will be on self recovery as much as possible.

Arrive in time to prep so that we start driving at 6.30 am sharp.

Come with a fuel tank as full as possible at the deflation point.

See you Saturday morning

• Like (+1) 3

Another amazing drive with Dr. Chaitanya @Chaitanya D

it was a quite cool morning that I had to keep the car heater on. Every one arrived on time and after all is done our lead took us in a trip that I would say so amazing. We crossed technical areas, we did long ridge riding ( the longest I did so far ) and I felt I am sailing a boat not driving a car ️( another function of the bash plate ) , crisscross and eventually I managed to stuck my self side ways on the ridge ( lesson learned always keep enough distance from the front vehicle ). Thank you @Kailas for the gentle tug!

moving on smoothly and just before we intended to do the last part before entering Qudra we had to exit @Alexander Alcala to the tarmac ending at solar park due to some issue in his vehicle I hope will get sorted soon.

generally I loved and enjoyed the drive to maximum not only because of the diversity of the terrain but because I have done it with friends full of passion and well to participate and enjoy and care for one each other. 

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the amazing drive and your care as always🙏🏻👍

thank you @Alexander Alcala for your flawless second lead 

thank you @Yousef Alimadadi your care as a sweep came real treat after you promotion thank for watching my back 🙏🏻

@Mukundan Nair@Tero Vallas@Kailas
thank you for sharing all the fun and good time, what a pleasure 🚙💪

see you hopefully soon sailing the ridges again :)

pict in gallary

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report

I would try my best to match the fantastic description by @Mohamed Seidam. We did arrive in time and prepped, with a short-ish convoy things looked much simpler and after a quick brief we started at Murquab

Driving through the terrain from Murquab to Faqa via some tight dunes at start later on through a dirt track for few min , we made it to the Northern side of unknown road in Faqa where we generally start our drives. This terrain tested our ability to get in and out of smaller bowls with soft sand, but you all did extremely well. Especially at the back as sand was getting churned up.

We drove across the tarmac avoiding the fence and had a break under a tree. Quite impressive how you all were very aware of not leaving any trash - even a cigarette bud which is technically non biodegradable. Thanks to @Alexander Alcala for reminding this. Then we headed across another tight patch of dunes , taking a slightly straight route crossing up and down baby dunes, which looked simpler at this level, but as you all remember these were the dunes where we crested as newbie and fewbie.

Once on to the long range "honeymoon" dunes which Faqa ( and Lisaili) offers we did every thing at fast pace - slope, climbs, ridge riding, and criss crossing. Some of the ridges we rode were as close to almost a Km long, and it was great sight to watch you all enjoy it. We played here , doing multiple long ridge rides and then headed towards Little Sweihan. Such was the intensity here that we all wished we could ride more in these dunes - some of which were untouched and pristine considering the offroad season.

We reached Little sweihan on time as planned and played into and out of the white sand bowls which this area has to offer. As we were heading towards south Qudra , Alex car had some mechanical issue causing clunking and hence exited through a straight route towards solar park.

Thank you @Alexander Alcala for a perfect second lead, as always your presence with the experience you bring along is amazing. Hope your car issue is sorted soon. @Mukundan Nair, @Tero Vallas, @Mohamed Seidam, @Kailas thank you for joining and driving wonderfully well. @Anand Nataraj you missed a wonderful drive, but hope your issue is sorted. @Yousef Alimadadi appreciate you sweeping the convoy and congratulation on being an advance member now, eager to be on your leads soon.

In all we did 100 + Km of off roading , which included all aspects of desert driving -  at a faster pace with a "spunk". This is indeed a testament to how well you all drove, with very few refusals and stucks. We all like this kind of off roading once in a while but bear in mind it takes a toll on your cars, so please keep them maintained.  Well done everyone of you!

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Thanks @Chaitanya D for the amazing report which is no less than your amazing lead and long enjoyable ride you took us along. Can’t wait for the coming Saturday 😉

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4

@Chaitanya D, thank you so much for your great leadership and wonderful drive report, it was my pleasure to be as a sweeper in convoy and hope to see you again in any future drives.

thank you everyone and hope you enjoyed a lot

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use