•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Discovery Lehbab to Lisali - Dubai - 8 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

8 hours ago, Tero Vallas said:

Dear @Wrangeld, please give my position to next person in WL. I am able to join to Saturday drive.

No problem. Looks like @Islam SolimanSoliman you're in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

No problem. Looks like @Islam SolimanSoliman you're in. 

Thanks Richard.. c u all there

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Alexander Alcala said:

Hi Wrangeld.  Please add me to this WL.  Thanks

Hi Alexander. @Alexander Alcala you are on the WL at the moment. Let's see how the week develops. 

• Like (+1) 1

Since my newbie I love technical , maybe I inherited this from my father when I was taken by him to the south west of this lovely country  many years back , I always believed the mastering of the desert terrain starts from shallow water ( technicals ) once is done then floating over the occasion is mostly piece of cake , but not always as the different heights , terrains , humps , soft and super soft ... etc each require special attention as well. 
@Abu Muhammad don’t worry bro I am sure your Sequndra would love some shallow water simply because the driver is dedicated to get it out always Nicely 😉 , so all the drivers too along with their own vehicle . 
me ? Umm well my X is made to be driven tuff but I am a broken hearted and I don’t push it much , but I guess it’s done now it’s time for rough tuff and power to unleash the beast out of it ... off course safely safely and always safely on the @Carnity’s way 😄

I wish I could join you guys on Friday but it’s family trip day and I was allowed for Saturday to stretch my legs😅

best of luck drive safe and wish you pleasant time always!

cheers 🙏🏻🚙👍

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Alexander Alcala  

Nabil Bishara @Nabil Bishara

Kailas @Kailas

Islam Soliman @Islam Soliman

Nizam Deen @Nizam Deen

Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Jorge Stepniak Felippe

Kalahari @Kalahari

Rizwanm2 @Rizwanm2

Tariq Carrimjee @Tariq Carrimjee

Abu Muhammad @Abu Muhammad

Shaaz Sha @Shaaz Sha

Increasingly looks like this is the full list for the drive Friday morning. 

If anyone else is planning to drop out please let me know. There are drives where people are on wiat lists so we would like to be fair. 

How will this drive differ from others? 

You're all intermediate drivers. As a result, there is an expectation that you can self recover and if you can't recover and are stuck,  that you know what is needed to get moving again. We will be using a buddy system during the drive - each person will make sure that the person in front and behind them is OK and help them out if they are in trouble.

While I will likely come back to look and check on your progress, I will be relying on you to get yourselves out of trouble [I will step in if it looks dangerous or you really cannot find the solution] because self revovery is as key an element of being an intermediate driver as being able to get from one dune to the next. 

BIG change in practice, however. During covid times we used ropes as the key area for recoveries because we wanted to be sure of social distancing and protecting ourselves from the virus. Not that its gone away, but with the rules relaxed, we are going back to getting ourselves out of trouble the traditional way, with shovelling. My advice: make sure you have a good shovel with you, because in most cases, you'll be expected to dig yourself out. Teaspoon owners beware. 

What is the terrain like? 

There is a lot of vegetation around in parts of this quadrant, which implies it's not clean wonderful dunes the whole way through. The height of this area is not the attraction, so we will unlikely be scaling massive dunes, but there are long range passes and exciting cross overs that make for an exciting ride for everyone. At the same time, I will keep my promise that we will venture into some treacherous technical dunes, soft sand and areas where your intermediate driving skills will be tested by ther finesse and control of the car. You'll need to pick your lines quite carefully. 

Enough for now. See you soon in the sand. 

21 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Since my newbie I love technical , maybe I inherited this from my father when I was taken by him to the south west of this lovely country  many years back , I always believed the mastering of the desert terrain starts from shallow water ( technicals ) once is done then floating over the occasion is mostly piece of cake , but not always as the different heights , terrains , humps , soft and super soft ... etc each require special attention as well. 
@Abu Muhammad don’t worry bro I am sure your Sequndra would love some shallow water simply because the driver is dedicated to get it out always Nicely 😉 , so all the drivers too along with their own vehicle . 
me ? Umm well my X is made to be driven tuff but I am a broken hearted and I don’t push it much , but I guess it’s done now it’s time for rough tuff and power to unleash the beast out of it ... off course safely safely and always safely on the @Carnity’s way 😄

I wish I could join you guys on Friday but it’s family trip day and I was allowed for Saturday to stretch my legs😅

best of luck drive safe and wish you pleasant time always!

cheers 🙏🏻🚙👍

Hi buddy, 

I know you love the technical and it's a shame you cannot join - but family first, always. As ever, your poetic descriptions encapsulate with perfection the image that I would like everyone to have in their minds about what to expect. Enjoy your rough and tough Saturday drive. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

IM Friday convoy
Wrangeld
Kailas
Nabil Bishara
Nizam Deen
Jorge stepeniak Felipe
Rizwamn2
Tariq Carrimjee
Abu Muhammad
Shaaz Sha
Alexander Alcala
Islam Soliman
Kalahari

Radio channel 1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

18 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

IM Friday convoy
Wrangeld
Kailas
Nabil Bishara
Nizam Deen
Jorge stepeniak Felipe
Rizwamn2
Tariq Carrimjee
Abu Muhammad
Shaaz Sha
Alexander Alcala
Islam Soliman
Kalahari

Radio channel 1

Hi Richard, 

waiting for meeting point details as well.  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xd5Zhkx4EP9UtM567

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Wrangeld hi Richard, if possible add me to this group when a spot open as this will be my first intermediate drive, if you add me here then I’ll drop out of the Fewby plus drive on the other side. Let me know thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use