•  
Advertise here

Off Road Suspension

Niki

@Luca Palanca Falsini i found out that the Toyota dealership rotate guests companies to promote their products, so IronMan being there is not an endorsement from Toyota that they are their chosen/recommended Off-road suspension provider (don't believe their sales person if they said that).  

I found this out when i purchased my car, ARB had a stand/corner of the dealership advertising their suspension in Jan/Feb.  

I have no personal experience with IronMan HOWEVER please do not take their presence in the showroom as a sign of their recognition as main/recommended provider.  Also the staff are separate, so the Ironman Sales team are completely different than Toyota.

You will be spoilt for choice (1st world problem) as your car shares the same frame and suspension as the Hilux.  Look into ARB, Dobinsons, TJM, Ironman - likely they will all fall into a similar budget.

Sorry i offer no help - just confuse you more :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

And just to add to the mix Pro-Fender have some great solutions that are really well priced compared to the others and worth a look. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

38 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

@Luca Palanca Falsini i found out that the Toyota dealership rotate guests companies to promote their products, so IronMan being there is not an endorsement from Toyota that they are their chosen/recommended Off-road suspension provider (don't believe their sales person if they said that).  

I found this out when i purchased my car, ARB had a stand/corner of the dealership advertising their suspension in Jan/Feb.  

I have no personal experience with IronMan HOWEVER please do not take their presence in the showroom as a sign of their recognition as main/recommended provider.  Also the staff are separate, so the Ironman Sales team are completely different than Toyota.

You will be spoilt for choice (1st world problem) as your car shares the same frame and suspension as the Hilux.  Look into ARB, Dobinsons, TJM, Ironman - likely they will all fall into a similar budget.

Sorry i offer no help - just confuse you more :)

Thank you for the advice, their foam technology anyway seems promising in term of hot dissipation and reliability does anyone has experience woth that? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

And just to add to the mix Pro-Fender have some great solutions that are really well priced compared to the others and worth a look. 

I’ve heard mixed reviews from Pro-Fender, it’s not good but not bad either. It requires a lot of service and isn’t all that reliable compared to other brands. A couple of my friends who had them told me to try and stay away from them unless I didn’t have the budget to get other brands. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Luca Palanca Falsini said:

Hi,

I am planning to put on my Fortuner a lift kit.

At the moment I choose the Ironman 4x4 foam pro suspensions price is around 4k.

The main reason is that are kind of approved by Toyota (found the stand on Toyota shop) and they proclaim to be the strongest (with similar price) because the foam technology.

Anyone had experience with that brand?

Ironman 4X4 are an Aussie brand and it seems they've got a really good reputation in Australia where they really LOVE Japanese 4x4 cars especially Pajeros, Patrols, LC and Tacomas. And since the terrain is very similar i would think they'd do fine here.

Having a local dealer also means that warranties and maintenance are much cheaper than getting other US parts.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Arman said:

Ironman 4X4 are an Aussie brand and it seems they've got a really good reputation in Australia where they really LOVE Japanese 4x4 cars especially Pajeros, Patrols, LC and Tacomas. And since the terrain is very similar i would think they'd do fine here.

Having a local dealer also means that warranties and maintenance are much cheaper than getting other US parts.

Same goes for TJM (suspension) as well.

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/21/2021 at 11:27 AM, topgear said:

@Ale Vallecchi which Dobinson suspension upgrade did you go for?

Sorry @topgear. It doesn't mention it on the receipt, and I can't recall. It's a 2 inch lift kit. Can ask the garage (I need to go back to fix the kill switch). 

• Like (+1) 2