•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 8 Jan 2021

Rahimdad

4 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Thank you @Shehab Alawadhi and @Thomas Varghese for showing the spirit to accommodate as many members as possible so that no one misses a drive. @Paul Zeitoun really sorry to misunderstand your earlier post, I will revise my waitlist as below. @Shehab Alawadhi can you please leave the event from the calendar so I can add the waitlisted members. Also @Arman can you please confirm with @Shehab Alawadhi having left this drive if you would still like to attend this drive?

List of Volunteers for afternoon Newbie drive with Dr @Chaitanya D

1. @Thomas Varghese

2. @Shehab Alawadhi

List of waitlist without any drives:

1 @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran

2 @Sara EL FANIDI

3 @Kaile Barrameda

4. @Paul Zeitoun

List of waitlist with a drive, but want to change:

1. @Arman

List of waitlist for a second drive:

1. @ZakWarah

I have seen the spirit of cooperation in the drives and why not cooperate so that another desertnaut gets a chance when I'm not bound by timings whether its morning or afternoon. @Rahimdad you can delete me from the volunteer list as I have already joined @Chaitanya D's afternoon drive. The timing suits me well as my wife who just landed after an 11 month break in India will be joining me and I know for sure she will appreciate me for not waking her up at 3 o clock in the morning to join the drive. Hopefully we will have a honeymoon in the desert at night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Thank you @Shehab Alawadhi and @Thomas Varghese for showing the spirit to accommodate as many members as possible so that no one misses a drive. @Paul Zeitoun really sorry to misunderstand your earlier post, I will revise my waitlist as below. @Shehab Alawadhi can you please leave the event from the calendar so I can add the waitlisted members. Also @Arman can you please confirm with @Shehab Alawadhi having left this drive if you would still like to attend this drive?

List of Volunteers for afternoon Newbie drive with Dr @Chaitanya D

1. @Thomas Varghese

2. @Shehab Alawadhi

List of waitlist without any drives:

1 @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran

2 @Sara EL FANIDI

3 @Kaile Barrameda

4. @Paul Zeitoun

List of waitlist with a drive, but want to change:

1. @Arman

List of waitlist for a second drive:

1. @ZakWarah

It’s not a problem at all @Rahimdad I’m more than happy to have other people learn and get a chance at desert driving! See you soon inshallah. (I left the drive by the way and joined @Gaurav Abu Dhabi drive)

8 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

for sure @Shehab Alawadhi. I will complete my 5th drive as newbie this friday and will apply for a promotion. 

@Thomas Varghese inshallah when you and @Arman get promoted we can all do a fewbie drive together! 

To everyone else in this drive I hope you all enjoy! And keep an ear on your walkie talkies @Rahimdad makes great conversation and hilarious jokes! And let’s not forget his amazing leadership skills! 

Enjoy and see you all soon inshallah!

3 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I have seen the spirit of cooperation in the drives and why not cooperate so that another desertnaut gets a chance when I'm not bound by timings whether its morning or afternoon. @Rahimdad you can delete me from the volunteer list as I have already joined @Chaitanya D's afternoon drive. The timing suits me well as my wife who just landed after an 11 month break in India will be joining me and I know for sure she will appreciate me for not waking her up at 3 o clock in the morning to join the drive. Hopefully we will have a honeymoon in the desert at night. 

Alhamdulilah that she is back here safe! My regards! 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Oh wow...that's a lot to digest...uuuh in this case it looks like @Paul Zeitoun is in need of a drive. I'll stick to @Chaitanya D's drive (good driving with you again man, ninja in a tank on the desert) , i dont think Sharjah will disappear any time soon.

@Thomas Varghese thanks for trying man but in this I'm thinking that perhaps i'll just pay it forward this time and see you friday afternoon :D

@Shehab Alawadhi I'll see you on the next one *lets go of floating door in the middle of cold ocean*

Perhaps i'll get my promotion soon too and shall join you although this level of optimism is unprecedented on my part. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Arman said:

Oh wow...that's a lot to digest...uuuh in this case it looks like @Paul Zeitoun is in need of a drive. I'll stick to @Chaitanya D's drive (good driving with you again man, ninja in a tank on the desert) , i dont think Sharjah will disappear any time soon.

@Thomas Varghese thanks for trying man but in this I'm thinking that perhaps i'll just pay it forward this time and see you friday afternoon :D

@Shehab Alawadhi I'll see you on the next one *lets go of floating door in the middle of cold ocean*

Perhaps i'll get my promotion soon too and shall join you although this level of optimism is unprecedented on my part. 

I'll never let go, Arman. I'll never let go. I promise”

Yeah for sure on the next one.

• Like (+1) 3

Rahimdad, i am happy to give my slot on this drive to any one if am accommodated on any of the other drives, Just letting you know i am flexible as long as i can get on any one of the drives this weekend 🙂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Dear Esteemed members of the Carnity off-road club,

@Brette @Shehab Alawadhi @Ben84 @N@ved @Alphin Aloor @imranaasghar81 @Michael Glavanis @Sreenath Giridharan @Hisham Masaad @ALI ALMOUMAR @syed salman raza @Thomas Varghese @Bala Krishnan @Arman @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran @Sara EL FANIDI @Kaile Barrameda @Paul Zeitoun @ZakWarah

Increasingly looks like this is the full list for the drive Friday morning. 

If anyone is planning to drop out please let me know at the earliest. We have a few drivers without any drives this weekend and members are on waitlists so we would like to be fair to everyone. I have noticed that @Arman is already confirmed on the afternoon drive with Dr @Chaitanya D drive, so if @Shehab Alawadhi would like to drive with @Arman can you please join the afternoon drive to have atleast 1 place available to accommodate another driver. Alternately, member who can join the after noon drive Dr @Chaitanya D drive still has 2 spaces available, please consider that so you have atleast 1 drive this weekend, link below.

Thank you everyone for signing up for this drive. Please make sure to see the Newbie briefing video in this drive topic as below

Please note to bring the following items on this drive without fail

1. Programmed Radio for communications ( link in the drive topic above)

2. Safety Flag with a pole and mount or suction cup.

3. Shovel.

4. Deflator and pressure gauge.

5. Air compressor 

Not having any one of these will disqualify you from driving and will not be allowed to drive. We will be flexible in ending our drive which could be far from a gas station and hence having an air compressor is recommended.

We will drive through a terrain which will be perfect to learn, hone your skills and improvise. You will be concentrating on knowing your cars better and improving on how to drive in a very doable terrain - slopes, small to medium dunes, small climbs and some play areas.

Watch out for your convoy numbering which will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

See you on Friday.

Good Afternoon Everyone

@Rahimdad bhai I’ll leave this drive so other newbies can join it and they can have a chance at fossil rock as I have been there before

unfortunately I can't join the afternoon drive but I'll make it next week 

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @N@ved and @ALI ALMOUMAR, please do not leave the drive as yet. We are trying our level best to give everybody atleast 1 drive this week, @Shehab Alawadhi and @Thomas Varghese have already joined alternate drives to leave me with 2 spaces. @Arman already has a drive this week. @ZakWarah is also has a drive this week. I am waiting for @sertac to accept @Paul Zeitoun on his drive in the same area. Hopefully I can add @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran, @Sara EL FANIDI and @Kaile Barrameda so we should not have a waitlist anymore.

Please do not remove yourselves from this drive, those already signed in have the first rights to this drive. My request was a humble request which has brought about the best this community has to offer in terms of spirit. Give me till tomorrow afternoon to finalize the list.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@ALI ALMOUMAR, I cannot see your name in the convoy list anymore. Do you have a drive this week? If you have left by mistake I can add you again, as you were one of the first to join and totally deserve this drive. We will sort out things, thanks to understanding from @Shehab Alawadhi, @Thomas Varghese and @Arman who have got alternate drives. @Paul Zeitoun is first on waitlist for @sertac drive and @ZakWarah already has a drive this week. So once things clear up later this evening we should be all sorted out by tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use