•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 8 Jan 2021

Rahimdad

Thanks for your opportunity to drive with you guys ps Ill take your feedback on the videos and make it less sea sick inducing ;-)

• Haha (+1) 1

@imranaasghar81 it was less sea sick and seemed you had this huge FJ which you were running the world over with by yourself. That being said, it is good to experiment and learn, definitely looking forward to some wonderful video footage from you in future.

• Haha (+1) 1

@Rahimdad the issue was the camera was mounted close to the car as the further it was extended more more unstable it became -  but I have almost finished building a rig that fixes the problem - takes the weight from all angles and huge knocks making it rock solid. I'll attach a pic. It will allow the camera to be extended 106cm (as opposed to 20cm) and the view will be much much better and zoomed out! I'm still learning but I'm inquisitive lol.

16102961685413077897450547581996.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

@Rahimdad the issue was the camera was mounted close to the car as the further it was extended more more unstable it became -  but I have almost finished building a rig that fixes the problem - takes the weight from all angles and huge knocks making it rock solid. I'll attach a pic. It will allow the camera to be extended 106cm (as opposed to 20cm) and the view will be much much better and zoomed out! I'm still learning but I'm inquisitive lol.

16102961685413077897450547581996.jpg

@imranaasghar81 I wonder how will you manage to drive with all that extra fitting around and the car jumping up and down as if its a teenager throwing a tantrum when it goes over the uneven terrain of the desert. Sorry for my suggestion but I think you should dismantle all this and try drone photography where the drone will follow you like our old Vodaphone ad puppy.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Im planning on giving it a hard test drive this week I'll let you know the results. If it works it will be epic.

If it fails it will be an epic dent in the wallet but as they say nothing ventured nothing gained! 

Edited by imranaasghar81
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, imranaasghar81 said:

Im planning on giving it a hard test drive this week I'll let you know the results. If it works it will be epic. If it fails it will be am epic dent in the wallet but as they say nothing ventured nothing gained! 

I doubt you may have to roam all over the desert to pick up the fallen pieces including your camera if its not crushed and buried under the sand by the car behind you. The forces generated will be greater than what the rig can hold as its long. Moreover I doubt if it will affect your driving also as you will be more concerned about your rig and camera rather than driving. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Understood and point taken - I'll give it a good hammering off-road on a field test on Thursday and see how it holds up. 

• Like (+1) 3

As you said if it holds up it should be considered a wonder. By the way I really appreciate the time and research you had spent on this project. Money will come and go. End of the day its satisfaction of oneself which matters. The contraption looks like an alien just jumped out of a space ship with his antennas - don't take it offensive, just a joke. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Im planning on giving it a hard test drive this week I'll let you know the results. If it works it will be epic.

If it fails it will be an epic dent in the wallet but as they say nothing ventured nothing gained! 

@imranaasghar81 if it fails, try to have it mounted 1m above the car vertical from the roof. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

No offence at all I love the feedback as you say if it works it will be a wonder and I'll even build one for you haha 😉 have a great night Thomas 

1 minute ago, Paul Zeitoun said:

@imranaasghar81 if it fails, try to have it mounted 1m above the car vertical from the roof. 

Great suggestion I did take the roof rack clips and bolts apart to work out what fitting. If this rig fails I'll do the roof next - the side angle I think would be pretty awesome though so fingers crossed!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use