•  

Leaders Lead - I - Learn to lead the desert drive - 09 Jan 2021

Gaurav

Leading a desert drive is the most amazing experience to have, where you can combine the fun, freedom, creativity, strategic thinking and survival skills all at once. 

Leaders lead is the drive where all participant of that drive will lead for a certain period of time. Backed with the right techniques, experience and supervision so that you can learn the art of leading with a peace of mind without any fear or pressure.

Due to the basic experience required to read the sand and have basic navigational sense, this drive is only suited to the Advance level off-roaders.

You will be learning the basics of leading the convoy in the desert in three different sessions:

1. Advance sand reading, plan your lead, plan your exits.
  2. Use of navigational software for selecting the right course of path.
  3. How to systematically scale the lead for all the cars in the convoy.

Level: Advance and Above

When: 09 Jan, Saturday

Meeting time: 7:00 AM, (Sharp, without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/PLc9YuWMhqKWShaJ9 (Mahafiz Tree Shade)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

Approximate finish time:  11:00 AM

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear @Gaurav, thanks for today's Leaders Lead Drive.

Taking the lead for the 1st time for real (and not just for 5 mins on a BBQ drive) was really a new and great experience.

I always said I loved the freedom you feel while you drive in the desert, but nothing I had experienced until now compares to the sense of freedom while being in the lead. I really loved it.

I also realized how different leading styles can be. It is something we always say, but when actually given the chance to lead and be led on the same terrain you really see the difference: I myself today was all about endless ridge riding and criss crossing, even if going very high, @Luca Palanca Falsini clearly loved the adventure to go for long and straight climbs up to the unknown on the other side, whereas @Janarthan was constantly exploring the unbeaten path across virgin dunes (and bushes, gaining the nickname "the bushbuster".. 😂😂).

Looking forward to the next one... 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Wow! I got excited just reading about the drive 😀 I can only imagine how exhilarating it would be to actually drive it 😀 Great job everyone 💪🏻👏🏻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you @Gaurav and @Lorenzo Candelpergher for your feedback, I was noticing the same especially during the @Janarthan drive, I was always trying to wonder which path we were going to take and few times came out that  we chose the same 😊

As @Gaurav sed today, from a to b we cannot go straight in the desert. That is really true! And all the hundreds possible path are right  (if doable 🤪

Was also very interesting our briefing. I tried to apply the rule… Enjoy!... And worked! 😁😁😁😁 I was feeling way more relaxed and confident!

Thank you again @Gaurav for the lesson. 

@Lorenzo Candelpergher and @Janarthan, looking forward to meeting you guys soon on the sand!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Well done guys !!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Well done @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Luca Palanca Falsini and @Janarthan. I am so excited for this upcoming talent in our group. Can't wait to support the drives our our new leads, each one description has left me with the dilemma of which of them to support first. @Gaurav bhai hats off to you for taking this initiative and has now added to part of our structure to give a feel and understanding to the new leads so that we don't have any unpleasant surprises or disheartened leaders with unexpected events.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thank you so much @Gaurav @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Luca Palanca Falsini. It was great driving and leading with you guys.

It is a completely different experience when you lead, quick decision making plays a very important role here. I am eager to try again this week. 

See you all again soon!!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use